"Australia - Digital Media - Online Interactive Services" contains the usual truckload of information on the subject from this seasoned research organisation and includes analyses, statistics, forecasts and trends. It provides a comprehensive insight into the progress of the Online Interactive Services market and examines the key issues and opportunities.
According to Research and Markets, in the next few years the global online industry is expected to be worth more than $2 trillion, and:
* Global P2P Internet traffic will continue to grow almost 400 percent - up from 1.6 petabytes to almost 8 petabytes per month by 2012.
* A record growth year for video game sales in Australia in 2008 saw the industry grow to $1.5 billion.
* Tabcorp Internet betting revenues top $1 billion.
* In 2008 the number of mobile games units purchased increased by 50 percent.
* Cloud computing has become a key area of focus for Internet media companies.
* Google's search engine market share is 62 percent in 2009.
Focusing on the findings regarding Australian online gambling, the study reports that it is one of the growing digital businesses with more in store for the future. In this respect it emulates a trend set by digital music, which Internet diwnloads increase by more than 30 percent, impacting sales of the more conventional sources such as CD, which continue to decline.
In keeping with the global online gambling industry, Australia's market continues to grow, despite regulatory restraints and the economic downturn. Online gambling operations are cheaper to operate than traditional establishments and so are better placed to weather an economic downturn, Research and Markets notes.
In addition, the number of Internet users around the world continues to grow, resulting in an ever-expanding customer base. Online games also remain popular and in-game advertisers are taking note, especially as there is evidence that free online games are becoming more popular in the current economic environment.
As speed and capacity increase, a whole new range of applications will be entering the market over the next decade. Console games have changed dramatically, with games, music and movies all merging and integrating. Growing penetration of broadband and mobile 3G networks will also promote growth in online gaming and gambling. A record growth year for video game sales in Australia in 2008 saw Australia's video game industry produce $1.5 billion in sales.
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6909)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3460)
- Casino Games (3102)
- Casino Software (2940)
- Land Based Casino News (464)
- Promotions & Bonuses (332)
- Casino Banking (204)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- LCB News (63)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (42)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB Approved Casinos (22)
- Casino Warnings (21)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (8)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)