The Gibraltar-based online gambling group 888.com broke new ground this week with the release of its first Corporate Responsibility Report covering operations in 2008. The report builds on the company’s long-standing commitment to corporate and social responsibility.
888 appointed Ruth Tanami as dedicated Director of Responsible Gaming in 2006, and the company's efforts in this area have been recognised by membership of the FTSE4Good since March last year.
The year 2008 saw 888 continue to progress initiatives across a diverse range of areas, with a comprehensive programme helping improve the company’s economic, social and environmental impacts. These are split into three sections in the report – People, Planet and Play.
* Second annual charity event held, employees generating $50 000 in donations
* Charitable cash donations and in-kind contributions totaled $232 485 for charities in Antigua, Israel, Gibraltar and the United Kingdom
* 13 percent reduction in electricity consumption per square meter of office space
* Participation in the United Nations Global Compact
* Commitment to responsible gaming further by the introduction of a unique data mining system called “The Observer” structued to identify and support problem gamblers
Commenting on the report, Gigi Levy, chief executive officer of 888, said:
“The publication of this report emphasises the core importance that ethical values have to 888’s business. As well as being the right thing to do, conducting our business responsibly is fundamental to our future success.
"Managing social and environmental factors enhances our credibility with stakeholders, whilst our market-leading approach to player risk builds relationships with our customers, both in turn helping to support our international business development.”
The full report can be accessed here: http://blog.888ladies.com/picture_library/people-planet-play.pdf
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6903)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3459)
- Casino Games (3100)
- Casino Software (2939)
- Land Based Casino News (464)
- Promotions & Bonuses (330)
- Casino Banking (204)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- LCB News (59)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (42)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB Approved Casinos (22)
- Casino Warnings (21)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (8)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)