Monday's announcement by online casino group Grand Prive that it has commissioned player protection and standards body eCOGRA to carry out an independent investigation of the events surrounding the closure of the group's affiliate program, has been followed by a press release from the non-profit organisation confirming its involvement.
Grand Prive earlier claimed (see previous InfoPowa report) that on closing its Grand Prive Affiliate Program it had ensured that all affiliates had been paid up to date, and had subsequently engaged in settlements, asserting that despite Internet criticism it has yet to receive a single affilate complaint regarding its actions.
Unter the heading "GRAND PRIVÉ AFFILIATES INVESTIGATION", the eCOGRA press release reveals:
London, 7 December 2009 – Following a number of Internet-based allegations concerning payments following the closure of the Grand Privé Affiliate Program on 1 December 2008, eCOGRA's professional services have been engaged by the management of the company.
Pursuant to an independent and fair resolution of the issues involved, eCOGRA has been tasked with:
* Independently investigating the manner in which the Program was terminated and the reasons therefore; subsequently compiling a full and transparent report.
* Gathering and verifying claims by any affiliate that considers an amount still to be owing by the Program as a result of player wagering activity subsequent to 1 December 2008; and
* Carrying out a full and independent review by suitably qualified staff of the program software and data to confirm amounts owing to claimants at 21 December 2009.
eCOGRA is open to all submissions concerning the closure and payments owed, and urges affiliate watchdog organisations in receipt of this email to assist it in order to ensure that respective affiliate members are informed of this opportunity to submit legitimate claims.
Claims can be submitted prior to 21 December 2009 at http://www.ecogra.org/grandprive.aspx. Former Grand Privé affiliates who believe they have a legitimate and verifiable claim will be asked to complete the Claim Submission Form that they will find on this link.
The following information will be required on the Claim Form, and will be treated in strict confidence:
AMOUNT OF LAST PAYMENT RECEIVED FROM GRAND PRIVÉ
DATE OF LAST PAYMENT RECEIVED
Closing dates for submission of claims is 21 December 2009.
In the interests of transparency, eCOGRA’s findings will be publicly released on conclusion of the investigation.
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6875)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3452)
- Casino Games (3084)
- Casino Software (2926)
- Land Based Casino News (461)
- Promotions & Bonuses (306)
- Casino Banking (200)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (41)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB News (38)
- LCB Approved Casinos (21)
- Casino Warnings (19)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (6)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)
Most Viewed ArticlesSee all
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played