A new report titled "Mobile Internet: A Global Strategic Business" has been published by Global Industry Analysts, Inc., providing a review of market trends and developments, product introductions/innovations, and recent industry activity.
The study analysed market data and analytics in terms of volume sales for the United States, Japan, Europe, China, India, Brazil, and Rest of World and found:
* China and India account for more than 40 percent of the global mobile Internet user base.
* The increasing penetration levels of mobile phones in developing countries, owing to the lack of fixed line broadband infrastructure facilities is a major driving force for the enhanced adoption of mobile Internet.
* Launch of 3G services, the advent of high-end phones and devices, and growing affordability of operator data plans are also anticipated to promote growth of mobile Internet market.
* Complexities associated with mobile devices, in terms of connectivity and data access, constitute major deterrents for the adoption of Internet services among consumers.
The United States represents a major market, in terms of mobile Internet penetration. Mobile Internet usage in the country is driven by the technology's ability to provide convenient access to bank accounts, mobile maps, consumer services and other such services.
US market growth is also supported by the fact that mobile phone ownership surpasses that of personal computers among Americans. The advent of high-end phones (such as Apple iPhone) is a key contributor to the market growth.
Key players profiled in the report include Apple Inc., Google Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nokia Corporation, NTT DoCoMo Inc., Orange, T-Mobile USA, Vodafone Group Plc, and Yahoo! Inc.
Mobile Internet, also referred to as Wireless Internet, allows users to gain access to the World Wide Web with the help of a wireless device such as a PDA or a cellular telephone.
Growth of mobile Internet is driven by factors such as technologically enhanced handsets, improved networks and superior user interfaces.
Increasing sophistication of content offerings and growing consumer awareness about mobile Internet is expected to contribute to the uptake of mobile Internet services. The market is also favoured by the declining prices of advanced mobile devices, along with the growing affordability of packaged data plans offered by mobile operators.
More details at: http://www.strategyr.com/Mobile_Internet_Market_Report.asp
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6872)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3450)
- Casino Games (3078)
- Casino Software (2920)
- Land Based Casino News (460)
- Promotions & Bonuses (303)
- Casino Banking (200)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (40)
- General Bingo News (37)
- LCB News (36)
- LCB Approved Casinos (21)
- Casino Warnings (18)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (6)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)
Most Viewed ArticlesSee all
Live activity feed
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played