Playtech Limited has posted a 71 percent rise in full-year net profit and raised its dividend, as new licence agreements boosted its bottom line, and says it has made a good start to 2010.
"Current trading is being driven by the group's investments in Italy, Spain, and Serbia over 2009," chief executive Mor Weizer told Dow Jones Newswires in an interview, adding the company has seen a stabilisation in the economy generally.
Publishing its full year results for the period ended December 31st 2009, the software company noted the following financial highlights:
* Gross income up 23 percent to Euros 137.3 million (2008: Euros 111.5 million), reflecting first time income from associate, William Hill Online
* Adjusted EBITDA increased by 25 percent to Euros 93.7 million (2008: Euros 74.7 million) reflecting margin of 82 percent from revenues and margin of 68 percent from gross income (2008: 67 percent for both measures)
* Total revenues up by 3 percent to Euros114.8 million (2008: Euros 111.5 million) and like-for-like revenues up 8.4 percent.
* Net profit after tax of Euros 69.5 million (2008: Euros 40.7 million) an increase of 71 percent
* Cash generated from operating activities and sums received from William Hill totalled Euros 89.2 million (2008: Euros 68.7 million) reflecting 95 percent of the group's adjusted EBITDA (2008: 92 percent)
The company has recommended a final dividend of 9.4 Euro cents a share, making an aggregate dividend for 2009 of 18.3 Euro cents per share (2008: 15 Euro cents per share - up 20.4 percent.
The company reported the following operational highlights:
*Integration of William Hill Online completed in October 2009
* Acquisitions of GTS in December 2009 and Virtue Fusion in February 2010 positions Playtech as a leading supplier for both online bingo and games platforms
* Strategic partnerships announced since the year end with Scientific Games and Sportech position Playtech for growth in locally regulated markets
*Enhanced product offerings include: significantly enhanced game portfolio; major poker functionality upgrade including multi-currency capabilities; and new sportsbook launch with its first licensee
* Italian poker network grew strongly throughout year, now six licensees representing 16 percent of the Italian market
* Unique cross platform capability enhanced through multiplayer television gaming solution with NetPlayTV and web-based mobile, providing solution for Apple and Google smartphone operating systems
* Videobet achieved critical mass through partnership with Global Draw, signed after the year end, including substantial UK elements giving it a leading position in that market
* Restructured development centres and workflow management delivering efficient and scalable R and D platform
Management reported that in current trading Playtech has enjoyed a strong start to 2010. Following the acquisition of Virtue Fusion, daily average revenues for the first quarter are projected to increase by over 18 percent compared with Q4 2009 based on the current run-rate.
To date, on a like-for-like basis, daily average revenues excluding the acquisition are up by over 8 percent compared to the already strong previous quarter, reflecting a recovery in activity across the Playtech licensee base. Encouragingly, all products are performing in line with or ahead of budget.
The company has invested considerably during 2009 - restructuring the business, entering new markets, acquiring new licensees and expanding its portfolio of new games.
Roger Withers, Non-executive chairman, said: "This has been another significant year of growth for Playtech. Excellent progress has been made both operationally and strategically.
"We have made good use of our substantial cash position to make a number of focused acquisitions and investments which should prove highly accretive in the medium to long term.
"Playtech is a growing profitable business with strong cash flows, high margins and an attractive dividend policy. Playtech continues to outperform the market and the Board looks forward to 2010 and beyond with great confidence."
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6828)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3443)
- Casino Games (3048)
- Casino Software (2887)
- Land Based Casino News (447)
- Promotions & Bonuses (264)
- Casino Banking (200)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (40)
- General Bingo News (37)
- LCB Approved Casinos (21)
- Casino Warnings (15)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)
- Predatory Terms (4)
Most Viewed ArticlesSee all
Most Talked About
Live activity feed
" stephenclax.mclachlan wrote: LADY LUCK CHANGES WITH THE WIND In a very short time last week a had what some would call four seasons in one day , only it was more like 4 seasons in 15 minutes. Playing in a tournment at paddy power nothing over a penny a line would pay a profit some what like pulling teeth seeing a was 170 pounds down and only 30 pounds left in funds a thought PLAY RESPONSABLY lift the 30 and go. Need my pin so went to customer service , this ended in an argument and before a knew it a was being told a had a problem and my account was shut for 30 days and they wont even give me back my 30 pounds until the 30 days is up and was told " Dont worry after 30 days you can come in and use it stephen it still be there" MMmmm really glad am not a problem gambler as a think really if a was ,that really it help you could do with out, Like saying to a junkie a will watch your smack but come back next month and a give you it and sell him another bag a smack,,,, Then the sun came out as a logged in to a little place called NEXT CASINO where a had not played since a had a big £45OO win on that neon stax. Looking threw my shades as a made a depsit a thought does lighting strike twice, thinking a only deposited a tenner and also rembering that the the £4500 was out of nothing a never made a deposit . Next had given me 5 freespins . On that thought a could feel luck all around , so a opened neon stax and spun my first 20p from my £10 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then just like magic in no time at all a found myself here then later that evening a wnet for a bier haus at video slots and this happened Congrats nice win!"READ
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played