Greek Government receives OESIK resolution for consideration
A resolution has been submitted by OESIK, UNI's affiliate in Greece, the Hellenic federation of casino employees' unions, which acts as a rep for 5000 employees in Greece, to the Greek Government - who was previously hostile on the issue of online gambling and have now done an about-turn – requesting from it to ban illegal online gambling operators as well as establish the gambling supervision commission with participation of trade union representatives.
This resolution embodies the "sharp discontent and protest" of the union against Governments plans for the “Initiative For the Legal Regulation Of The Gambling Games Market” and for being left out of the Governments negotiations with online gambling companies.
In the resolution, the union requests:
- to prohibit unauthorized online casinos instantly
- to pass a set of measures against illegitimate advertising of online casinos
- to enable solely licensed and legitimate casino companies to provide secure online gambling services
- to improve the legal framework regulating the role and duties of the Financial Crime Squad of the Hellenic Police in conjunction with the duties of the Gambling Games Supervision & Control Committee (L. 3229/2004).
- to set up the Gambling Games Supervision & Control Committee, with the contiguous participation of two (2) OESIK representatives.
- to tax actual casinos equally, including VLTS points and online casinos.
All News Categories
See 16 more categories