Based on a report released this year by Spectrum Gaming consultancy, which dealt with 21 major trends in the casino industry for 2011, online gambling occupies prominent positions in several sections:
- Efforts to overturn the US prohibition on sports betting outside of Nevada, Montana, Oregon and Delaware will increase due to the inevitability of Internet gambling in the United States.
- A shifting competitive landscape in the United States in which pari-mutuel operators become more aggressive players in casino gaming and online gaming, and lotteries compete against commercial operators to become online gaming pioneers.
- Regulators and lawmakers throughout the world are developing new regulatory structures to identify, discourage and combat the use of casinos for money-laundering, which is itself a worrisome trend for law-enforcement professionals.
- European online operators and suppliers will aggressively pursue US commercial and tribal partners in anticipation of online gaming in the US.
- Internet gambling will continue to grow in the US as it becomes more accepted globally. In the absence of Federal legislation, state and tribal governments will begin to push the envelope harder and litigation may resolve the legality issue before legislation does.
- The growing interest by tribal operators to identify opportunities and become early participants in online gaming in the United States.
- USA broadband providers will become advocates for Internet Gaming legalization efforts in the US, due to increased usage of their products as result of I-Gaming.
- Convergence of mobile Internet and social networking trends will present new opportunities for casinos to expand their gaming product variety and reach while enhancing the immediacy and geographic targeting of marketing efforts.
It was stated by Michael Pollock, Managing Director of Spectrum that new trends are included in this year’s list: "You can attribute that large freshman class to the growing complexity of gaming. As the landscape expands, more molehills will inevitably rise up. An occasional molehill -- such as this new-fangled Internet -- threatens to erupt into a mountain."
Interested in full report? Visit: www.spectrumgaming.com/trends
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6875)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3451)
- Casino Games (3082)
- Casino Software (2924)
- Land Based Casino News (461)
- Promotions & Bonuses (304)
- Casino Banking (200)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (41)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB News (37)
- LCB Approved Casinos (21)
- Casino Warnings (19)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (6)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)
Most Viewed ArticlesSee all
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played