The outcome of the UK Government's Culture, Media and Sport Committee's fifth gambling inquiry is expected on Nov. 22, when the inquiry initiated to revisit the effectiveness of the implementation and operation of the Gambling Act 2005, is due to reconvene.
It has been specified that it included the following topics for discussion:
- Effectiveness of the Act in achievement of its core objectives to:
- ensure that gambling remains a crime-free zone, conducted in an open and fair manner,
- protect children and vulnerable categories of people from the adverse effects of gambling,
- update the legislative framework with online gambling provisions;
- The financial impact of the Act on the UK gambling industry;
- the effectiveness of the Gambling Commission;
- the impact of the boost in off-shore online gambling operators on the UK gambling sector and Act’s effect on this;
- the reasons why the Act has not resulted in any new licenses for casinos or “super” casinos;
- the effectiveness of the Act’s classification and regulation of gaming machines;
- the impact of the Act on levels of problem gambling.
The previous session was held on November 8, 2011, when a number of high profile industry players such as the Remote Gambling Association, Bet365, bwin.party, Betfair and Probability testified on the issue.
This time, testimonials will come from the Quaker Action on Alcohol and Drugs (QAAD), the Evangelical Alliance, The Methodist Church, The Salvation Army, CARE, GamCare, the National Centre for Social Research and a gambling specialist from the University of Birmingham.
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6909)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3460)
- Casino Games (3102)
- Casino Software (2940)
- Land Based Casino News (464)
- Promotions & Bonuses (332)
- Casino Banking (204)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- LCB News (63)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (42)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB Approved Casinos (22)
- Casino Warnings (21)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (8)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)