Caesars Entertainment Acquires the Remaining 49 Percent of Playtika

US land gambling giant further strengthens its online technical capability

US land gambling giant Caesars Entertainment, already owning 51 percent of Israeli internet social games developer Playtika, has acquired the remaining 49 percent of the company shares for a slightly higher value than it was for the previous investment. Playtika is valued at around $80-$90 million, and Caesars had exercised its option to acquire the rest of the stock within a two year framework.

Former Party Gaming chief, Mitch Garber, will run it out of Montreal once Playtika becomes part of the Caesars Interactive Entertainment.

"It is no coincidence that we chose to acquire the balance of Playtika shares now," he said in an exclusive interview earlier this week. "Playtika's activity is advancing according to our plans, and company growth has been consistently strong."

"We have learned that controlling a portion of a company's shares it not the same thing as having complete control. The integration of Playtika and Caesars Interactive was important for Playtika's long term growth, and required additional investment that the current shareholders were not sure they wanted.

“We reached the conclusion that we prefer acquiring full control of the company before it is too late, which will enable us to fully integrate it within Caesars Interactive. We have many plans for the future," concluded Garber.

Playtika co-founders, who will benefit from the Caesars deal, were Uri Shahak, the son of former IDF Chief of Staff Amnon Lipkin-Shakak, and Robert Antokol, who previously founded game company Cmate SA.

Other investors include former 888 CEO Gigi Levy, 888 investor Ofer Lezovsky, former Empire Online VP marketing man Avner Yasur, and real estate developers Igal Ahouvi, Yariv Gilat, and Dafna Weiss, along with Domaine du Castel winery founder Eli Ben-Zaken.

Garber said that in 2012, a promising year for the company, Playtika's 50-strong labour force will be boosted with a mainly Israeli-based qualified staff. Nevertheless, he sent a message to other Israeli software firms that he was interested in further acquisition in the area.

The company boasts 10 million mainly Facebook social users a month, and plans to expand operations in Asia, with customized games to the specific cultures. It also has a strong presence on the Russian social network named Vknotakte, currently offering two gambling games: a slot machine Slotomania, and a dice game Farkle. Garber promised that this inventory would be soon increased.

Live activity feed

  • No avatar small
  • No avatar small
    Bonanza game logo

    Bonanza Game Casino

    / 9 votes
  • Index
    "Drawing a line under this now.  Problem solved - see my private message to you.. "
  • Alenvers
    " MelissaN wrote: Hi claralie, The rep has been notified again and hope he'll get back to us soon with the clarification.  THANK You Melissa i see your post just  now ( 9 hours after) yes  sure there is a reaction  without an email or any explanation they cancelled my  pending winnings of  $200- this morning they was always in pending in my account. WOOOO real gentlemen - nothing at least as usual - they cant say the contrary of their last email i think.How explain that one day before as they rules said i am  not eligible for a bonus and one day after i am eligible ?and the problem is that i won the first day so how be clear when the second day i became eligible for  a  bigger bonus and that i have te permission to cashout ..but.nothing i lost.   there  will be any explanation I think:the only available that works in any same kind of   situation is that rules  can be changed as and when and how the casino wants - rules - no rules what importance  it was  a  freebie why will they pay ?i am stupid this is  the explanation. "
  • No avatar small
    Sign Up Bonus
    Lord lucky logo

    Lord Lucky Casino

    / 13 votes
  • Tumblr nsdzsdacgp1s7vusdo1 250
    Expires on 28th Oct 2016
    Vip stakes

    VIP Stakes

    / 279 votes
Swipe left or right to see more

lcb activities in the last 24 hours

  • 45
    new members
  • 583
    members online
  • 15928
    guests online
  • 118
    new posts
  • 0
    free games played
Join the club

Highest Community Rated Online Casinos

Swipe left or right to see more

Latest forum posts

Join today and start earning rewards

You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
S logo

Report to moderator

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

Select Language
Search Results