Highlights of the agreement include:
* Agreement to purchase the entire issued share capital of IDT Financial Services Holdings Limited and certain other assets which together provide prepaid MasterCard products in the UK market under the IDT "Prime Card" brand.
* Total cash consideration of US$ 15.05 million to be paid to IDT Corporation on completion – this includes US$ 10 million of banking regulatory capital.
* Key strategic acquisition for Neovia, adding new product lines and distribution based on the IDT Prime Card, accelerating the development of Neovia's prepaid Net+ card business and rapidly increasing the company's active Neteller e-wallet customer base.
* In combination with Neovia's Net+ card services, the agreement creates one of Europe's largest independent prepaid debit card businesses.
* Acquisition of IDTFS, which operates under a banking licence issued by the Gibraltar FSC, will allow development in the long term of additional financial services for Neovia's consumer and merchant customers.
* Acquisition is conditional on Gibraltar FSC regulatory approval and MasterCard consent.
Commenting on the agreement, Ron Martin, President & Chief Executive Officer of Neovia, said: "The acquisition of IDT Finance represents a major milestone in the development of our financial services offering to both our consumers and merchants and in our overall strategy to diversify our business. The integration of IDT Finance's well-regarded prepaid debit card operation and banking licence will enable us to leverage our existing capabilities to offer additional products and services. We welcome IDT Finance to Neovia and look forward to developing the full potential of the business as part of our broader strategic vision."
Howard Jonas, Chairman of IDT Corporation, said that the acquisition would benefit consumers. "Neovia's considerable resources and expertise will expand the range of financial services available to IDTFS customers while nicely complementing Neovia's existing capabilities."
All News Categories
- General Gambling News (6905)
- Gambling Law & Society News (3460)
- Casino Games (3101)
- Casino Software (2939)
- Land Based Casino News (464)
- Promotions & Bonuses (330)
- Casino Banking (204)
- Casino Tournaments (111)
- LCB News (61)
- General Poker News (53)
- General Sportsbook News (42)
- General Bingo News (38)
- LCB Approved Casinos (22)
- Casino Warnings (21)
- Bingo Software (11)
- Bingo Games (9)
- Predatory Terms (8)
- Online Poker Tournaments (5)