Cosmopolitan Las Vegas Pool Fire

It wasn’t a Las Vegas show featuring fire, instead it was the real deal……a 2 alarm fire that broke out poolside. The Cosmopolitan had more than a slight scare when a fire broke out on July 25th around 12 o’clock hour.

While customers were enjoying the beautiful rooftop views on the 14th floor, sipping cocktails, laying in chaise lounges, sitting under cabanas and wading in the pool to cool off something very sinister was about to take place.

In an instant whole complexion would change from paradise under warm heat of the sun to a blazing scorching fire. It spread like wildfire as the fake palm trees that lined the pool area were ignited like torches.

As the black smoke billowed and became bigger by the second patrons were quickly ushered out of harm’s way. 35 units and 110 firefighters responded to the fire successfully douse a fire that could have had far worse consequences.

Thankfully everyone escaped with no serious injuries and only one who was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Multiple floors were evacuated because of the smoke with very little damage done to the building other than some broken windows. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined but speculation says it was from a lit cigarette.

Cosmopolitan Casino is the only one-of-kind that has walk-out balconies. Against code for any Casino to feature these type of balconies, the building plans were approved which were originally attended for condos.

The five star hotel and Casino opened December 15th, 2010 and is featured as one of the most luxurious along the Strip at the tune of nearly 4 billion dollars.

Those planning to stay at Cosmopolitan in the near future won’t be left out of the fun in the sun and a dip because the hotel features three pool areas to choose from.


  • Index

    pinkxxx

      Sr.Newbie
    • male
    • offline
    • 9
      thanks given
    • 10
      thanks received
    I had read about the fire when it happened ...and read more into it after. According to this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3175042/Cabanas-fake-palm-trees-helped-fuel-Las-Vegas-s-Cosmopolitan-blaze.html - Lights on the fake palm tree were to blame . Regardless of what the cause it looked pretty scary . Im sure panic was everywhere. Kudos to the Las Vegas fire dept for their speedy efforts . Amazing and thankfully no one was seriously injured . The casino was opened again shortly after , Im sure the owners are glad no one was injured and no damage to the building and casino . This was a serious incident that could have been a thousand times worse , Thank god it wasn't .
  • Jade lcb

    jade

      Hero Member
    • female
    • online
    • 411
      thanks given
    • 369
      thanks received
    I finally saw this on the TV news this morning and I could hardly believe my eyes. That picture does not quite show it like the one I saw on TV. That black smoke is so, well black and thick, rising so high in the sky. It really had to have spread fast. They said it was probably started by a cigarette. We just don't realize how something so small can be carelessly tossed away without a thought and then become the cause of something like this. It should be a terrible reminder to think before we act. It is nothing less than a miracle that the damage was so minimal in comparison to what it looks like.
  • Index

    Luke

      Sr. Member
    • offline
    • 18
      thanks given
    • 53
      thanks received
    holy smokes i can just imagine being there getting a tan next to the pool while sipping on some drinks and the next minute its there's a blazing inferno and you have no where to run as you're surrounded by flames but thank god no one really got hurt and everybody made it out alive and also its a plus the hotel has extra pools so the visitors could continue to enjoy there stay.
  • Index

    barebones

      Hero Member
    • female
    • offline
    • 111
      thanks given
    • 389
      thanks received
    This is awful, I would be terrified if I was there.. Fire is always terrifying and it could have ended much worse..Thankfully noone was seriously injured, that is the most important thing in a situation like this. And good that there were so many helpers- firefighters that helped to cool down all this. Hopefully everyone will be fine and something like that won't happen again.
  • Jade lcb

    jade

      Hero Member
    • female
    • online
    • 411
      thanks given
    • 369
      thanks received
    Thank goodness, they have two other pools to go to. Wouldn't surprise me if those who were at this poolside fire didn't just get up and move to another pool area, Sounds like Vegas, don't ya think. On the other hand, I am glad that nobody was badly injured. I was just very surprised that this fire started outside at the pool. They really never said what exactly was on fire. Only that it 'spread like wildfire as the fake palm trees that lined the pool area were ignited like torches.' This is a first for me. An area outside a building caught fire, not the building. Not counting those California wildfires. I guess stranger things have happened.

Join today and start earning rewards

You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
S logo

Report to moderator

Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

Select Language
Search
Search Results
39012170