The announcement was made earlier in the week with the following player notification on its website:Ignition Casino has acquired full ownership and rights of the Bovada poker business. In order to continue playing you'll need to transfer your account by September 30, 2016. After this date poker at Bovada will no longer be available.
We're fully confident in Ignition Casino's ability to provide you the same level of service, play and security you've had at Bovada. In addition to this, you're eligible for an account transfer bonus which includes:
$10 Free Cash bonus
$1,000 Deposit Casino Match Bonus
$100 Poker Deposit Drip Bonus
Bovada Poker and Ignition Casino currently operate on shared player pools and will continue to do so through the end of September, when the transition is complete; however the Bovada Poker Welcome Bonus was eliminated after August 9th.
New player registrations are being accepted for Bovada’s other products while poker players are already being referred to Ignition. Poker players must transfer their accounts and funds as this process will not be done automatically as one may expect. Please note that US players from the legalized online gambling states of New Jersey, New York, Delaware, Maryland and Nevada will not be eligible to transfer their accounts.
Steps to transfer your account:
· Log and click “Join Ignition Casino”
· Confirm/Edit your account details
· Establish a new password
· Click ‘Create Account’Steps to transfer your funds:
· After the account has been successfully transferred, players will see an option to transfer their funds.
· You may leave your balance in Bovada for casino play or opt to move it to Ignition.
· Enter the amount you wish to transfer and click ‘Transfer Funds’.
· Funds transfer should be immediate.
The terms of the sale have not been released publicly. See the Bovada website for more information and FAQ's.