I'm assuming there are other Green Dot/Walmart credit card users here 'cus I've seen some references to it. I have a Green Dot VISA that I've had for a few years, and use at all the Bet on Soft casinos and a couple of RTG's I play at.
I got an email from them yesterday. In 3 weeks they're changing the bank that back the cards to their own bank - Green Dot Bank - ---
Card, PIN number and current account will remain the same, and no action is required on your part.
Please note the following three changes:
Remains in effect from 21 days of receiving this email, you can not use your ATM card outside the United States."
First, they reference 3 changes, but I only see the one. Second, at first I read this as we won't be able to use the credit card outside the US, but now I'm seeing it says "ATM card".
Did anyone else get this, and how are you interpreting it? If we can't use the CC outside the US, that kills all our casino deposits.
Green Dot CC Users...
Readers of this topic also read:
- Started by
- at January 07, 2014, 17:57:00
- last active 4 days ago
- There just not allowing you to make a cash withdrawal outside of the US.
Otherwise as far I'm seeing there not restricting foreign based credit / debit transactions. There just basically locking your card to US only cash withdrawals. Otherwise for all other activity your fine.
I'm guess just going along with the paranoia that foreign based cash withdrawals can be risky and if your card is stolen. It can be hard to recover your money because it was withdrawn in cash.
- Replied by
- at January 09, 2014, 04:19:55
- last active 4 days ago
- Lips, I won't call because I don't want to call attention to my account for any reason. Several years ago I had a Green Dot MC I used everywhere and had for 2 or 3 years. One day they called me and said I was using it for gambling and they cancelled my account. I then went to Wired Plastic which I used for about 3 years, then they did the same thing.
I've had this Green Dot VISA for about 3 yrs now, and use it regularly at Casino Extreme & INetBet. It's the only prepaid card I use so I don't go around from casino to casino trying to use it because I don't want Green Dot to pick up the wrong code from someone & cancel it.Rated:
- / 5
- BE VERY CAREFUL USING A WALMART MONEY CARD FOR DEPOSITS. I just recently had my Walmart money card shut down because of "suspicious" unallowed activity. Just trying to inform everyone what is going on. I have been very successful using my netspend visa for my deposits. I have never been questioned or ever had a problem. I have been using it for over a year now, frequent without a single issue.
Hi I also use a walmart /visa green dot card all the time. I have had it for over a year and used it at over 20 different casinos and no problem or denial so far.
- Replied by
- at February 15, 2014, 11:02:21
- last active 2 months ago
I also just got the up date a few days ago about the new changes. I also took it to mean only cash withdrawals in foregin contries. Well lets just hope for the best when Green Dot takes over.
I will be so happy when online gambling is legal in all of US and not this state bye state crap.
Now that it is legal in three states I think it will be moving fast in other states. I live in CA and I know there working on online gambling here.
- I have a walmart moneycard. Visa. I got a call yesterday from Miami Club informing me my credit card charged back 3 charges! I had been unable to log into my walmart moneycard account for a while, probably because of the changes they were making.
I logged in just now and there is another charge back. Looks like a bet on soft deposit.
My card now has a balance of over $100 and it should be 0.
Do they really have a right to just cancel a transaction without notifying me?
Miami Club was very nice and have not closed or halted my account in anyway.
I need to resolve this and have the CC return back the funds. I just read through all the new changes and it does state the new Green Dot is now allowed for use at online casinos.
Any suggestions as to what to say to the CC so they fix this?
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played