Has anyone tried to withdraw funds via QT recently?

Be free to discuss anything related to casino banking, payment methods etc.

Headline back 2
    7,962
    views
    54
    replies

    Currently viewed by

    0
    members
    0
    guests
    Last post ago over 5 years by hymacaw
      Index

      hymacaw

      • Hero Member
      • female
      • offline
      • 310
        thanks given
      • 744
        thanks received
      • Started by
        Hero Member
        718
      • last active about 2 months ago

      Readers of this topic also read:

      Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts

      Please or register to post.
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Started by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          I just received a payout into my QT account and noticed that there is NO option available to withdraw the funds!!  Has anyone tried to withdraw recently from QT?  Their live support is offline so I sent an email to them asking 'what's up'...have never seen this before and hope there is no problem with them now.  Have made LOTS of deposits of late using QT but this is my first withdrawal in about a month.  A little nervous because I have another $2500 payout in process with a Rival casino....
        • Index

          chillymellow

          • Mighty! Member
          • female
          • offline
          ...chillymellow...
          My turn to play bingo!
          • 1118
            thanks given
          • 1051
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Mighty! Member
            3,586
          • last active 23 days ago
          hmmm.
          Under "payment options" they have this:
          Bank Account    1-4 business days
          The Bank Account payment option is used for Withdrawals

          but there isn't a "withdrawal options" link....

          the faq says: Choose "Withdraw" Section from the left-hand menu.

        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          chillymellow wrote:

          hmmm.
          Under "payment options" they have this:
          Bank Account    1-4 business days
          The Bank Account payment option is used for Withdrawals

          but there isn't a "withdrawal options" link....

          the faq says: Choose "Withdraw" Section from the left-hand menu.




          So you aren't seeing a 'withdraw' option either, on the left hand of the screen?  VERY strange...they are accepting deposits no problem but something fishy going on with taking it out!  Support is VERY slow at emailing back, live support will probably be offline until late this afternoon...bummer
        • Index

          chillymellow

          • Mighty! Member
          • female
          • offline
          ...chillymellow...
          My turn to play bingo!
          • 1118
            thanks given
          • 1051
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Mighty! Member
            3,586
          • last active 23 days ago
          I don't have any funds in there, but am curious, can we still transfer the funds to deposit at another casino? 

          If so, I'd get my money out of there quick and put it somewhere where I can cash it out into cash or check from a casino.  Real Quick, before they Tender our money un-cashable completely.
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          chillymellow wrote:

          I don't have any funds in there, but am curious, can we still transfer the funds to deposit at another casino? 

          If so, I'd get my money out of there quick and put it somewhere where I can cash it out into cash or check from a casino.  Real Quick, before they Tender our money un-cashable completely.


          Hmm...interesting suggestion, think I'll look in to that.  But, my options in the US are limited as far as receiving funds, especially in a timely manner.  Any checks issued are held at my bank for up to 10 days because they are international.  Thanks chilly
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          OK folks, just got this email from QT support and I am SCARED!!  I am getting my out of there now by transferring to another casino (as much as I HATE doing this) and will then try to do a wire transfer or a check withdraw.  Heads up folks...they are telling me to check back in 5 days????

          Thank you for contacting the QuickTender Help Desk.

          Unfortunately at this time we are unable to process your withdrawal for technical reasons. Please check back in 5 days for a status update. Your ability to transfer to merchants is unaffected.

          Please feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance.

          Kind Regards,
          Dima
          QuickTender Help Desk
          Fax: +44 870 626 9684
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1522
            thanks given
          • 1652
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 2 months ago
          I recently had a withdrawal of $3700 to my bank without a problem and I am having $700 pending withdrawal now.  The withdrawal button is always available in my account.  I understand how you feel, you should do whatever necessary to protect your money, but if they fix that for you and I think you will be able to make a withdrawal without a problem.  Sorry, I just saw this message now.
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          TAAADAAA wrote:

          I recently had a withdrawal of $3700 to my bank without a problem and I am having $700 pending withdrawal now.  The withdrawal button is always available in my account.  I understand how you feel, you should do whatever necessary to protect your money, but if they fix that for you and I think you will be able to make a withdrawal without a problem.  Sorry, I just saw this message now.


          Thanks Taaa..I guess I am just nervous at the fact that they advise me to check back in FIVE DAYS for a simple 'technical problem'.  Perhaps I am reading too much in to it but waiting 5 days to withdraw $3500 makes me a little uneasy!  I went ahead and transferred the money I had in there to casino that I can do wire transfers with and will just use that method for the time being.  Just don't like doing it that way because they charge a wire fee and my bank charges one...pretty spendy method to receive payouts.  Let's just hope this is a very temporary issue with QT!
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1522
            thanks given
          • 1652
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 2 months ago

          Thanks for this post from:

          • No avatar small
          just wondering what casino you plan for your wire transfer.
          long ago, I tried to do that to avoid paying QT withdrawal fee, I transfered the money to casino titan (no wire transfer fee), I thought everything went smoothly, but no, my money  ended up moving around and came back to QT.  It took 6 business days for casino titan to send me a message, telling me that I need to withdraw the money to the method that I deposited with, lol, I had to withdraw it back to my QT and it took 3 more working days for that money to go back to my QT and eventually I withdrew it from QT and pay the withdrawal fee anyway.  I've learned a big lesson on that, lol.  I think it is the policy between casinos and their processors or wallets that withdrawal will be deposited back to the method players use to deposit with, unless you deposit by CC, then you can withdraw via QTor wire transfer as you like.
          gl
        • No avatar normal

          wnanhee

          • Superstar Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 1469
            thanks given
          • 1547
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,151
          • last active about 2 months ago

          Thanks for this post from:

          • No avatar small
          Just in case any of you might not be aware of...

          You can withdraw via check at Club USA
          It is available for all players and it will be delivered by FEDEX.
          You can request 1 cheque per week min $350 -$2500, there will be a small charge for cheques less than $750 for $25, and cheques above this we will cover the charge which will be deducted from the withdrawal.
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          TAAADAAA wrote:

          just wondering what casino you plan for your wire transfer.
          long ago, I tried to do that to avoid paying QT withdrawal fee, I transfered the money to casino titan (no wire transfer fee), I thought everything went smoothly, but no, my money  ended up moving around and came back to QT.  It took 6 business days for casino titan to send me a message, telling me that I need to withdraw the money to the method that I deposited with, lol, I had to withdraw it back to my QT and it took 3 more working days for that money to go back to my QT and eventually I withdrew it from QT and pay the withdrawal fee anyway.  I've learned a big lesson on that, lol.  I think it is the policy between casinos and their processors or wallets that withdrawal will be deposited back to the method players use to deposit with, unless you deposit by CC, then you can withdraw via QTor wire transfer as you like.
          gl

          Jackpot Capital is my most trusted RTG for now so that is who I am trying the wire transfer with.  If it fails for some reason, I'll be left with no choice except to get a check, which I don't like doing because my bank hold them 7-10 days.
        • Index

          hymacaw

          • Hero Member
          • female
          • offline
          • 310
            thanks given
          • 744
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Hero Member
            718
          • last active about 2 months ago
          wnanhee wrote:

          Just in case any of you might not be aware of...

          You can withdraw via check at Club USA
          It is available for all players and it will be delivered by FEDEX.
          You can request 1 cheque per week min $350 -$2500, there will be a small charge for cheques less than $750 for $25, and cheques above this we will cover the charge which will be deducted from the withdrawal.


          Thanks wnanhee.  I've done checks before but my banks hold them for 7-10 days because they are issued from out of the country.  Just hate waiting that long to have access to the funds but I may need to start doing that if QT is no longer going to be an option for me.
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1522
            thanks given
          • 1652
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 2 months ago

          Thanks for this post from:

          • Index
          hymacaw,
          I wish you luck, but if I was you I will need to contact jackpot capital to let you know ahead of time whether your method should be approved or not,  it saves you time or if you wait till their accounting department  people put their hand on it, whether it is approved or not, it might cost you at least 3-5 working days.

          Rated:
        • No avatar normal

          Joseph Kennedy

          • Super Hero
          • offline
          • 233
            thanks given
          • 87
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Super Hero
            1,621
          • last active about 2 months ago
          I just got this letter regarding a recently failed cashout attempt.

          Dear "Pacer",

          Please be advised that there was an issue with your recent withdrawal request, which has not been processed by the US bank. We are investigating the issue, and in the meantime have returned the funds back to your QuickTender Account.

          This situation is beyond our control as it relates to the onward transmission of funds transmitted by our European banking partner.

          Please be advised that we will do everything we can to resolve this situation.

          Kind regards,
          QuickTender Settlement Department
          banking@QuickTender.com
          Fax: +44 (0)870 626 9684


          Moreover, Rushmore Casino says they won't send funds to Quicktender because of reports they are not paying their customers.
        • No avatar normal

          TAAADAAA

          • Superstar Member
          • male
          • offline
          • 1522
            thanks given
          • 1652
            thanks received
          • Replied by
            Superstar Member
            5,793
          • last active about 2 months ago
          We are writing with regard to the withdrawal you have submitted from your QuickTender account on (5/11/2011) under the MTCN number (2203541 #). We are pleased to confirm that the wire of 700.00 has been sent from our account today, on (5/13/2011) according to the bank details you have registered in your Payment Options. Please expect the funds in 3-5 business days to reach your account.

          Please be informed that our fee for the withdrawal is $30.00 flat fee. But please be aware that correspondent banks may take their fees and charges for international transfers as well.

          If you have any questions regarding withdrawals, please contact the QuickTender Help Desk. Please make sure that you have your QuickTender username and/or account number available to quote on any correspondence.


          Sincerely,
          QuickTender Team
          support@quicktender.com
          Fax: +44 870 626 9684
          www.quicktender.com

          the money does not hit my acct yet thou

        Live activity feed

        Swipe left or right to see more

        lcb activities in the last 24 hours

        • 21
          new members
        • 485
          members online
        • 12812
          guests online
        • 65
          new posts
        • 4180
          free games played
        Join the club

        Latest forum posts

        Most viewed forum posts

        • Me
          • zuga
            over 8 years ago
          Here is the place where you can post your winner screenshots and brag about it. (whoring experience,the craziest hands,the biggest win,anything related to casino play) How to make a screenshot
          Winner screenshots/casino play
        • Me
          • zuga
            about 1 month ago
          Hi LCB'ers   We just launched the new LCB. If its not showing to you give it bit of time as it can take up to 24hrs ( worst case scenario ).The new site will have some bugs, so please report them at this topic. Also...
          NEW LCB IS LIVE - REPORT BUGS HERE
        • Putting on lipstick emoticon 1
          LCB $250 August Contest – Lets Play Roulette     Hi LCB'ers because of the launch of the new site design i had to temporarily close this contest. Lets start fresh - for any member that may have already enterted a...
          CLOSED - LCB $250 August Contest – Lets Play Roulette

        Join today and start earning rewards

        You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
        S logo

        Select Language

        Search

        Search Results

        Report to moderator

        Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

        Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

        Submit
        39012170