Warning - Skrill accounts got hacked

Be free to discuss anything related to casino banking, payment methods etc.

Headline back 23
    2,447
    views
    32
    replies
    Last post ago 10 months by nirvana
    Me
    • Started by
      admin
      6634
    • last active 15 hrs ago

    Readers of this topic also read:

    Please or register to post or comment.
      • Me
        • Started by
          admin
          6634
        • last active 15 hrs ago

        Thanks for this post from:

        • Index
        • No avatar small
        • Newavatar
        • Avatar 17215
        • Index
        • Casino extreme
        • Index
        • Gg
        • Flapjack
        • Index
        • 6aae4912dadd0fee98af61ec42cee82c
        • Index
        • Index
        • Index
        • Nirvana2
        • Index
        • 11951356 956184527773614 1798718213768781892 n
        • Index
        • Dream rj small transparant
        Hiya LCB'ers

        all Skrill account holders should be aware that we were informed of at least two separate hack attacks on personal Skrill accounts.

        6 figures amount was stolen from one account and 5 figures from another. These scammers/hackers  managed to withdraw large sums of money in several transactions. And for some reason Skrill  was not able to detect anything fishy going on,. Even though the amounts were large and being sent over to bunch of different Skrill accounts, that was not suspicious to Skrill nor they did anything to freeze such transactions.

        It was only by chance that the account holders saw what was happening and got in touch with Skrill before these scammers stole more money.

        The scammers managed to change the primary email on one of the accounts, but the account holder did not get any kind of notification about this email change ( when they should have ). 
        Skrill is yet to explain how this was possible. What is even worse Skrill anti fraud department was not that helpful in resolving this matter and was excruciatingly slow to reply to defrauded account holders. Even though they managed to retrieve part of the funds, a lot of the money seem now to vanished.

        So LCB'ers make sure to strengthen your passwords, activate  2 factor authentication , so your funds remain safe(r).

        Please if anyone else had similar experience do share so we can warn other users, and force Skrill to improve their security.

      • Avatar 1625
        • Replied by
          Hero Member
          776
        • last active 15 days ago
        I have a Skrill account but do not have anything in it.  The last time I withdrew money into my bank account, the money was taken from my account and NEVER credited to my bank account.  Skrill was informed but NEVER did anything about it so I absolutely refuse to use it ever again. They just don't care.
      • Me
        • Replied by
          admin
          6634
        • last active 15 hrs ago
        trpschick wrote:

        I have a Skrill account but do not have anything in it.  The last time I withdrew money into my bank account, the money was taken from my account and NEVER credited to my bank account.  Skrill was informed but NEVER did anything about it so I absolutely refuse to use it ever again. They just don't care.


        Skrill is not allowing USA , and even though you might be able to open an account you will not be allowed to make any transactions or receive money.
      • No avatar normal
        • Replied by
          Jr. Member
          75
        • last active about 2 months ago
        Oh la la... Well, even though I don't have a skrill account, I'll secure my Neteller password...
      • Avatar 1625
        • Replied by
          Hero Member
          776
        • last active 15 days ago

        Thanks for this post from:

        • Index
        Zuga wrote:

        trpschick wrote:

        I have a Skrill account but do not have anything in it.  The last time I withdrew money into my bank account, the money was taken from my account and NEVER credited to my bank account.  Skrill was informed but NEVER did anything about it so I absolutely refuse to use it ever again. They just don't care.


        Skrill is not allowing USA , and even though you might be able to open an account you will not be allowed to make any transactions or receive money.


        This was just a regular transaction, no casino money involved with it.  It was money that had been previously deposited from another bank account for a purchase I was going to make and then did not do.  I had decided to just put it back in my bank account instead of letting it sit in Skrill and when I made the withdrawal to my bank account, it disappeared and never was deposited to my bank account.  They just didn't care about looking into it when I asked them more than once to do it. 
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Sr.Newbie
          19
        • last active 7 months ago
        Heard about this happening before few months on one other forum where user said he was robbed. When I heard this I changed my password. Thanks for warning Zuga
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Sr. Member
          437
        • last active 11 hrs ago
        I heard about this some days ago and i'm still shocked. I used skrill a lot but i don't know if i will ever use it again.
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Full Member
          165
        • last active 10 days ago
        I use Skrill a lot, but never keep there big amounts.

        Skrill was my favourite e-wallet! I can't believe their security is so low
        I hope that  people will get their money soon

        Thanks for the warning LCB !
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Sr. Member
          302
        • last active 7 months ago

        Thanks for this post from:

        • Images
        well google have no infos shown on this matter, would like to read more. my money fly from skrill directly into casinos accounts, rarely the other way around. i'm highly fed up with casino scene that im in the process of closing them all and play only poker on pokerstars after closing all casino options within their software responsible gaming. 5 years into it totally ruined me. so i can donate my skrill to the hackers lmao.
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Full Member
          165
        • last active 10 days ago

        Thanks for this post from:

        • Images
        KummerLidande wrote:

        well google have no infos shown on this matter, would like to read more. my money fly from skrill directly into casinos accounts, rarely the other way around. i'm highly fed up with casino scene that im in the process of closing them all and play only poker on pokerstars after closing all casino options within their software responsible gaming. 5 years into it totally ruined me. so i can donate my skrill to the hackers lmao.


        Why donate it to hackers? If you have some bucks there... donate it to me  
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Sr. Member
          302
        • last active 7 months ago
        sup3rhot wrote:

        KummerLidande wrote:

        well google have no infos shown on this matter, would like to read more. my money fly from skrill directly into casinos accounts, rarely the other way around. i'm highly fed up with casino scene that im in the process of closing them all and play only poker on pokerstars after closing all casino options within their software responsible gaming. 5 years into it totally ruined me. so i can donate my skrill to the hackers lmao.


        Why donate it to hackers? If you have some bucks there... donate it to me  


        because i used only for the so called lightning fast cashouts that never happens, to have the money right away ready to use. fee at deposits, fee at withdrawals, unjustified high fees through the same company ewallets(paysafe, neteller), annually card fee and using the skrill card to any ATM is daylight robbery, the conversion is money grabbing, for every 100 eur i'm charged around 10. no thanks, i will wait 2 days for money to arrive on bank card with xe.com genuine currency conversion. fu skrill.
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Hero Member
          949
        • last active 16 hrs ago
        I use skrill daily because they have lower withdrawal fees than Neteller but I don't have there larger sums than few hundreds. I am quite shocked in an unpleasant way about the way they handled the situation, also I know there is option to have 2 facotr authentification which I think is a must for everyone who uses skrill, otherwise it is really easy to just send money to someone, if you're account is hacked. I really hope that this will open their eyes and they will change their security, this isn't acceptable.
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Hero Member
          949
        • last active 16 hrs ago

        [/quote]

        because i used only for the so called lightning fast cashouts that never happens, to have the money right away ready to use. fee at deposits, fee at withdrawals, unjustified high fees through the same company ewallets(paysafe, neteller), annually card fee and using the skrill card to any ATM is daylight robbery, the conversion is money grabbing, for every 100 eur i'm charged around 10. no thanks, i will wait 2 days for money to arrive on bank card with xe.com genuine currency conversion. fu skrill.
        [/quote]

        Here I can agree with you. Recently they even upped their fees. I used t pay 2.97€ for withdrawal, now it is 3.97€, since I happen to do it few times a month, I basically lose about 20€ a month oly in fees..
      • Index
        • Replied by
          Jr. Member
          91
        • last active 2 months ago
        Zuga wrote:

        trpschick wrote:

        I have a Skrill account but do not have anything in it.  The last time I withdrew money into my bank account, the money was taken from my account and NEVER credited to my bank account.  Skrill was informed but NEVER did anything about it so I absolutely refuse to use it ever again. They just don't care.


        Skrill is not allowing USA , and even though you might be able to open an account you will not be allowed to make any transactions or receive money.


        Skrill accepts US customers since it was approved for vendor license by NJ DGE in 2013, Neteller as well.

        Neteller is very limited,  but offers a Netspend+ card.

        Skrill doesn't offer card but can send and accept money from anyone except online casinos outside of NJ.  Can only deposit into NJ casinos with funds loaded either by MasterCard or Bank account.

        If this issue with missing money is an American account, and everything is above board, try sending email to support with "Formal Complaint" in subject and CC: info@njdge.org (make sure they notice its going to njdge)

        Could also try contacting this office, listed as their official vendor contact for US:

        2 0086579 SKRILL USA INC 61 BROADWAY- SUITE 1610 NEW YORK NY 10006 6467320299

      • Christina aguilera
        • Replied by
          Jr. Member
          54
        • last active 16 hrs ago
        This same thing happened with my skrill account but as i hadn't activated two step authenticartion was little they were prepared to do and didn't care at all, with no money ever being returned to my account or explanation provided.

      lcb activities in the last 24 hours

      • 34
        new members
      • 740
        members online
      • 26659
        guests online
      • 113
        new posts
      • 4005
        free games played
      Join the club

      Most viewed forum topics

      • Index
        A lot of members have said they are not keen on some of the casinos available in the Shop. Many of you requested Intertops, which has been added in the last week however, I would love to hear about your favourite...
        Which Casinos would you like to see in the LCB Shop?
      • Index
        Introducing the newest member of the bgo casino family, PowerSpins.com, where you get free spins every day.Log in at powerspins.com now using your bgo username and password where 50 free spins are waiting for you - no...
        Power Spins Casino No Deposit
      • Index
        Dear LCBers, Everum casino is giving away free spins every time a new slot has been released to the fastest players who post their casino usernames here on this thread. Please note: US players are not allowed to...
        Exclusive Express Promos at Everum Casino

      Join today and start earning rewards

      You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
      S logo
      Select Language
      Search
      Search Results

      Report to moderator

      Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

      Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

      Submit
      39012170