Hi Casino Players,
When i play slots at the casinos...I'm always trying to figure out the best system to play. Sometimes if i get a lousy bonus round i will stay at that slot thinking that the next bonus will be awesome to make up for it. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't.
I try to switch up my denominations hoping i can trigger a lucky cycle on the machine. For me at least it seems the higher i bet the worse my luck. I like to play at around .60 at RTG casinos. I can raise that to .80 and still do pretty well. Beyond that bet i have not had luck.
It seems i can tell which machine is gonna pay pretty well...it will be consistant in paying out. Although there has been a time or 2 where i am bout to bail out and i hit a nice little round.
So i guess the moral of my story is....is there any real tricks in winning...or is it all luck?
Curious to know your playing strategy at slots.
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi Lips:
Once again that dirty word Randon Number Generator is always at work. It assures that all the llittle tricks we try to increase our chances of winning are null and void. Machines have a pay cycle and take cycle, and we all hope we are lucky enough to hit it on the pay cycle. That little chip is changing combinations of numbers a million times a minute and if we are lucky enough to hit that spin button when a winning combination is chosen is all pure luck. I do try to watch my location for slot machines when choosing. Choosing loose areas instead of known "tight areas" is always a game plan of mine. Slots are tuff, and the little things we try to do to increase our chances of winning seem usually to not work out. Pure luck in my book, and I play slots exclusively. Done alot of research, and I have yet to come up with any winning edge.
- When I play I try and bet low around at $0.50 or so until I hit a bonus round or two. Then I'll up it to $1 or $2 in hopes of hitting more bonuses and maybe making $50-$100 during those bonuses. Then I'll walk away because the Gambling Gods always seem to never be on my side when i try and win more. But, if you want to win big, in most cases you must bet big. For example I was getting frustrated at the RTG slots and dumb me deposited another $100 after just losing $100, and decided to bet $6.25 a spin. Well lucky me hit the bonus round in T-Rex with 9 free spins and on one spin I hit $1600. I was glad I deposited that extra money out of anger but 98/100 times thats most likely the WRONG move lol
- with Rival slots, when you hit the bonus, try to remember what patterns or items that you pick. For example, you play Future Fortune. You have to pick a right card in one of the two cards for 1st round bonus, if you get it right, then take a note to it. You then have to pick a right card in 4 of the cards for 2nd round bonus, if u get it right, then take another note. You will do the same with 3rd and 4th round if you can get advance. When you play the same game at other casinos or the same casino at a later time, you will apply your strategy. I was lucky to guess correctly 5x on this game and the reward was big, hehe.
- Yeah you can hit big with small wager that is very true. Also I agree with TAADAA. With Rival Slots I like to play Reel of Fortune and there is two bonus rounds you can get, some sort of game where you choose to see whats behind each curtain (3 of them) and everytime you dont get the "donkey" you advance to the next round and keep going until you get the donkey, or you play PLUNKO (same as PLINKO on Price is Right). Anyways, with the curtain game, I developed a strategy where I pick the curtain to the left always first (works 2/3 times), then when they reveal whats behind the curtain, you see where the donkey was. You NEVER pick the curtain where the donkey was for your next round. Always pick the opposite curtain that you didnt pick that didnt have a donkey behind it. It guarantees me almost $30-$50 (if I bet low) or up to $100 if I bet more. I made it past 6 rounds once and got over $300. Unfortunately that was with a free chip so of course there was a max cash out of only like $50. Dammit.
- I only play slots also and I agree with PMM it is just luck and hitting the spin at the right time. Lately no matter where I play the slots seem to not be hitting for me and if I get a bonus still nothing. One thing I have learned if I get a decent amount on a game I am better off to leave because it tends to take everything back from me. I now change games and it seems to work out better for me.
- yep it's all about the RNG. I owned slot machines just to figure'em out. (hehehe lotta figure happend there) . Machine knows the moment you say spin exactly what it's gonna hit. The spinning is just for the effect & feel like something is happening. Someone said quitting while ahead. Thats very true, I just tend to suck at it. I've had great walk aways both online and in real casino's, but I've also had many crap nights with my tail between my legs cause I stuck it all back in and then some.
Gotta be on the machine thats in a RNG cycle thats hot. They can last a long time and really kick it out, over and over. Been there alot. But for all that they are designed to take more than give so there's those @#%* cycles where they keep more than they give out.
My over all stategy is to play one machine for hours. I liken it to Marlin Fishing. When you hit you hit! I do this in both OL casinos and brick & morter too. So far it's done me ok. It can also be grave grave grave if a machine really is on the take, so be careful. I've had machines in Real life that have given me 5 1099's in under 2 hours, (and it was a $1 slot). I also like machines that have multiple jackpots, i.e. many ways to get big pots. not just say a $400 pot then the big one of $1600. So I prefer machines that have doublers, triplers etc. This tends to at least phycologicly make me feel better. (these are good machines for me in land casinos.) Online I've looked for those as well found the better (at least what I think is better) bonus & free spin machines. In my opinion some are way better than others. Anyway theres my 2 bits on the subject of startegy where really there isn't any ;-), But it makes me feel better when I win to think there is. I think overall I try to be grateful when I'm lucky.
- Any of you here care to share how you are winning on slots? I'm imagining some of you are just pressing the spin button or just pulling the lever. (I've won a few low level stakes). To constantly however hear stories about how someone had $26 or $50 and cashout at $400 or $1000 has me a little curious...
- My big cashouts on MG been with 20-30 deposits, spinning 20-40cents and if luck was there i got a 50+ win then i raised bets to maybe 1$ and keept spinning on my favorite slots then ive done a few 2-300wins this way but sometimes you just see it all goes to 0 in a few minutes.
Done 5-6 deposits like this last week and wasent able to withdraw a dime so just beg for some luck on your next spin
- I do best at microgaming casinos for some reason. Actually that is all I use to play. I noticed I have lost a lot more money since I have been playing Rival and RTG Casinos. It is probably just me but since I have really never played them I don't have the feel for them yet. I don't know how long to stay on a machine, how much money to lose on one before leaving, how many different machines to try, etc. I deposit at RTG more than Rivals. My big question is do winners spend most of their deposit one one machine or do they jump around?
I really have a feel for the microgaming slots. I just have that itch and can tell if it is going to hit or not. Can't get that with the other softwares yet. I guess I haven't played them long enough. I know I have deposited many, many, many times at a microgaming casino without a bonus and get up to 2-3 hundred without much effort and that is on a $25 deposit. I just wish I could say the same about RTG casinos.
I am very interested in others strategy. Great post Joseph.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played