Do you think casinos alter your personal odds?
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
- Started by
- last active 3 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- This topic has been moved to No Deposit Casinos....READ
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- So I am just completely curious. Do you all think that casinos alter a player's personal odds?
I started playing heavily a few months ago. At first it was win, win, win. I never really got ahead, just broke even. Played alot of bonus rounds, had a lot of fun. But once my accounts were no longer brand new, I can't seem to get a bonus round to save my life. Could "beginners luck" be less of a myth and more of a fact?
I am thinking about throwing in the towel after a long streak of losing deposit after deposit after deposit. The thrill of gambling comes with the occassional win. Since there doesn't seem to be any of those anymore coming my way, perhaps there is no point in playing anymore.
I was just wondering if you think casinos open up the slots a bit when you are new to get you excited, the tighten up after a month or so, or if this is just my personal experience.
- I agree with you! At least it feels that way! I am done with online gambling it is just too rigged for me!
- Sometimes it makes you wonder if they changed the payout %, also in free play im uselly alot more lucky when trying games before depositing just yeasterday i mad 3500$ on a slot in less than 5min, did like 200spins on it today with real money and had a few hits but nothing major.
But beginners luck i don't know i've lost at all casinos ive been playing at very quickly none bonus/free play and if even hit the payout was so small it dident cover anything u lost getting it, today was first time i was lucky on playing through a wager and ive done like 10-15deposits this weekend alone all at new casinos to try something new.
- Keep in mind luck, or the lack of it, does come and go in "streaks."
But, I can't help noticing that people I know....which is not many, admittedly, who gamble online report great luck the first couple of weeks. This makes me wonder if the casinos' software gives you the THRILL of winning early so that you are hooked, OR, perhaps the software has a profiling aspect to it. It would not be hard to track a persons online gambling habits to see if they have a record of making deposits even AFTER several losses.
- I have to agree with most that is being said.
When I started playing online a few weeks ago, I would either cash on the huge new player exclusive bonuses or I would get very close to playthrough (most around $35k in playthough!).
Now that I am hooked for the most part, I cant hit anything at all.. even if I lower my bet amount drastically, it just keeps chipping away at my balance.
Going to try the Dendera 600% bonus on a $100 deposit and call it quits online if nothing happens. All of my success has been with Rival, none of the RTG's have gotten even close to paying out for me.
- That's a tough question and it certainly seems at times that is the case. I don't think in reality it's true. To tamper with software for each and every player seems to be it would be very difficult to do must less achieve.
- When you go to land casinos (like in vegas etc.) If you don't win or you just keep losing don't you walk away from that game ? If your not winning or at least feel like you are log out for an hour then try it again. Or at least log out & login & play for free awhile to change your luck.
- Got2play wrote:
When you go to land casinos (like in vegas etc.) If you don't win or you just keep losing don't you walk away from that game ? If your not winning or at least feel like you are log out for an hour then try it again. Or at least log out & login & play for free awhile to change your luck.
While this is true....at land casino's there are certain games I like to play and if my machine sucks, I'll leave and find another machine...BUT the same game......when your online and there there is a particular game you like you don't have the option to find a different machine... if you logged out and came back later, I would assume your still at that same crappy machine. I only say that because in games like tomb raider II if you play the game for awhile and get a few bonus signs lit up and you switch games...the next time you go back to it you just continue where you left off!!!
Oh and YES...I think it is rigged too, I haven't made any deposits in quite some time now, but a few years ago when I was really playing alot, geez I had the best of luck, or at least my deposits lasted a long time.....then it just got worse and worse till I realized I'm just waisting my time and money for nothing....I still want to play, but I think it's gonna be a long while before these casino's start to see my money again!!! lol
- I think the more you play, the more opted we are to have these feelings compared to an occasional gambler, playing everyday will have a stronger feeling of this altering compared to one who does once a week or a month.
We first start out as occasional gamblers, then the time increases of course, thus the feelings do as well. The more we lose the more we wonder. But do we have the same feelings when we are winning?
In Vegas you can't gamble for free, you don't get free chips compared to online gambling in the same casino. Comps are done through meals, and hotel stay, some do offer money back you request in the players club, like comp points, usually you must get to 10 bucks to cash that out, which takes alot of gambling to get there. Online casinos don't have that option to offer you hotel stay, or free meals.
I've seen people beat up the casino chairs, beat machines, cuss out everyone as they are walking out the door, threatening employees causing alot of trouble in the casinos because of losing, so being upset for losing is not usual, its understandable spending alot of money and getting nothing in return, though you did gamble and every spin there is that chance to win and if you win they will pay you.
- interesting question - recently i have asked the same question myself...and to be more specific...the question was directed towards Microgaming's - Age of Discovery and its bonus game. I find it odd when the bonus game has become scarce and far in between...that when i do hit the bonus game I always seem to pick a skull* on my first pick to end the bonus game with zilch, receiving only the min. win for hitting the bonus game. when it happened the first few times..i shrugged off and thought to myself i chose the wrong one....but when it kept happening over and over again i couldn't help but think no matter what i picked first it was programmed or rigged to be a skull*. I personally like Microgaming and i hope i'm wrong...but it just seems too much to be just a streak of bad luck or a coincidence. i'd be interested to know if others who play this game or other games have experienced the same thing.
*if you haven't played Age of Discovery you probably won't understand this until you do.
- Got2play wrote:
Software is real easy to manipulate .All you have to do is write a script to control / check etc. any process
This is so true! It is ALWAYS possible to manipulate software and then put it back when it is necessary. Just as easy as a teenager propping the bed with pillows(to make it look like they are in it) sneaking out and then sneaking back in before getting caught! Some of you probably think it is not that easy, but for a software engineer, developer or programmer, yes it is! And you best believe the casino owners are one of the above or have one/some working for them!
- Soda, do you play it alot and this happens or seldom and every time you play it's the same thing? I've noticed games that have lost their popularity are slow to give wins and bonus rounds, BUT have noticed games with great popularity be very tight taken in all it can. I've gone through that on my favorite machines barely hitting the bonus and when i do i pick the lowest amount over and over, when just a month ago i couldn't stop winning on it. So its so hard to say, whats strange is here on land casinos is we see machines that havent paid nothing, that are so overloaded with money take-ins, we try to find the machines that havent paid figuring since they havent they are bound to hit, constantly loading that machine that never hits losing our butts off to it lol. Find out a machine that paid out alot and they skip it thinking it paid to much already. Why do some games do that? I do beleive there is a cycle these games go through that are programmed in, and we hit them at that slow pay cycle.
If they were rigged some kind of way, if it is ever to be found out, can you imagine how much trouble these online casinos would be in, would it be worth it? I think they'd rather stay in business and not face lawsuits or even jail time. I'm trying to stay on the positive side and not beleive they could be rigged and money is not being ripped off, but who really knows?
- soda69 wrote:
interesting question - recently i have asked the same question myself...and to be more specific...the question was directed towards Microgaming's - Age of Discovery and its bonus game. I find it odd when the bonus game has become scarce and far in between...that when i do hit the bonus game I always seem to pick a skull* on my first pick to end the bonus game with zilch, receiving only the min. win for hitting the bonus game. when it happened the first few times..i shrugged off and thought to myself i chose the wrong one....but when it kept happening over and over again i couldn't help but think no matter what i picked first it was programmed or rigged to be a skull*. I personally like Microgaming and i hope i'm wrong...but it just seems too much to be just a streak of bad luck or a coincidence. i'd be interested to know if others who play this game or other games have experienced the same thing.
*if you haven't played Age of Discovery you probably won't understand this until you do.
Hey Soda....I know for a FACT that there is no such thing as picking the wrong things...It is all predetermined!! I found this out at a land casino when I was playing the game Easy Street....some glitch happened on the machine I was playing and every time I hit a bonus around a $ amount would appear before I started playing [it was a real quick blink and you miss it flash] but sure enough at the end of the bonus round I won the EXACT amount that flashed!! So now it doesn't matter what game I am playing, everytime I hit a bonus round I don't even bother to try and feel out a good pick.....it is what it is no matter what you do!!! But hey, I could always be wrong.....you never know!!!
- satansmuff, i beleive you on that, after playing it long enough you can almost guess what you are going to win on that bonus round, thing is the cycles it goes through, when will the big hit bonus round come up, every 5,000 bonus rounds or every 50? Sitting down at that moment at the machine, and getting it just right... you could be on your 49th cycle and wouldn't know it, get up walk away and the next person comes along and sits, and BOOM gets the big hit bonus.. know what i mean?
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played