Florida woman wins $13 million in Casino and Gambles it all Back
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
Readers of this topic also read:
This made headlines last spring when i just happened to stumble upon it........
- Started by
- at September 09, 2012, 03:19:05
Florida woman wins $13m in Seminole casino and in two years time blows it all then some for a total of $14m. She ended up in $750,000 debt after she stole from her in-laws taking their Social Security checks and cashing in on their life insurance policies leaving them with a measly $7,000 to their name.
She would gamble up to $250,000 on slots in a single day forging her husbands name on checks. Her husband was clueless leaving her in charge of his parents finances. She is doing time in prison now and is paying bigger dues than what she owes that is for sure.
It is clear this woman had a serious gambling addiction and the question is should the casino be responsible at all for this? There had to be obvious signs as they rolled out the red carpet for her in VIP treatment. Should casinos look for the red flags of a very obvious addiction and step in?
Whoa that is outrageous to gamble away that kind of bread. She had to live in the casino what i want to know is how come her hubby didn't know this? Where did she say she was during all these missing hours? The casino doesn't care and loves it. They care now because they lost a huge gambler and cash coming into the casino. I think the casino should step in but it won't ever happen.
- Replied by
- at September 09, 2012, 03:40:29
- last active 18 days ago
- I really don't think the casino has a responsibility. They don't know the financial status of a player. How can they decide to step in and tell someone they have a "problem"? If she were a male high roller at the tables dropping $250K would we assume that person was rich and could afford to be there? Are we quicker to assume a woman playing slots all day long needs help? Well in this case she did but totally not the casino's fault.
And did I mention how insane that was to spend that kind of money and steal. OMG!
- Markotik wrote:
Wow... I don't know what to say. Clearly she is a gambling addict, to gamle away that ammount of money, that's incredible.
OMG, i wish i even had that amount of money to make such bad choices.................does that make any sense?
- Hell i would be happy to live off the interest of her winnings.
Sure does make sense buddy what a ride she had.
- She spend an exorbitant amount of money in a short time. That should of raised eyebrows at the casino but then again it was technically the money of the casino she won on. In that case they wanted it back. Clearly she has a gambling problem and casinos don't care because they are more greedy than the gambler looking for a bigger win.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...