Gambling is Like a Dirty Word?
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
- Started by
- last active 6 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya Casino Players,
When it comes to the gambler there is always going to be the nongambler. It seems that too often gamblers are put in a situation where they keep their love of gambling hidden away from certain people.
Gamblers seem to have their own society where there they are understood and can talk freely about the joys of gambling. Thank goodness for LCB where we can all chat about our experiences, our wins, our losses, our complaints and our pure love of the gambling.
I have been in some circles where gambling is considered taboo. I feel as if im looked at like im a second class citizen for liking to gamble. Remarks like…”I work too hard for my money”…”if I’m going to give my money away, it wont be on gambling”…..”oh your one of those”!!!!
Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you have to either hide you’re a gambler or defend the fact that you are a gambler?
- Lol Lips.. you know what, i dated a guy once, he is not originally from the US and he despised gambling, because his own brother lost the whole inheiritance that his father left through gambling (his brother was in charge of it).. it's a sad story on his case, the inheiritance was a very very large amount, this happening it tore the family apart.
He lived here in vegas and so did i.. so he had to know something, i just didn't speak about it knowing his feelings..
I hid every bit of any kind of gambling i did, never even spoke about it, the one time i did, boy did he lay it on me.. Made me feel like i was the lowest on earth.."how weak i am" "what a sin it is".. he had ... issues................... Thing was i didn't know it would hit that hard, i would have never hidden it, only did it out of respect for him and his feelings..
It was left up to me to gamble or not after that talk and if i did gamble.. he was out the door...
Well.. i watched him walk out the door.. and i graciously waved Goodbye
- Good for you imagin!!!!! We should not feel like we not worthy cuz we like to gamble!!
But like you say....his bro lost all the inheritance. I can understand it from that perspective. I suppose it would make anyone bitter.
I can just see ya now sneaking and playing girl!!!!!!!!!!!! Been there done that way too many times.......wink!!
- I really never defend myself, though I always say "It's my choice" to those who think I am silly.
However I had a good chuckle on one guy. He moved into the house I was renting also and one day said I was foolish to gamble. I then asked him if he'd say the same thing if I should win the lottery.
He then said "Well, I would think it right I should get some" I looked at him and laughed and said "After calling me a fool for this, you'd EXPECT to get something from me?"
He moved out later, but I never met anyone like that till then...
- I speak freely of it if asked what I enjoy doing Some people are taken back by it and smirk. Some are quite interested and ask me how it works out for me. I usually find more people smirk about it than not.
Doesn't bother me anymore.
I enjoy it, have made money at it, and as Tony siad, I am not hurting anyone.
That is why LCB is so wonderful, to be surrounded by people who understand me and my "Hobby." No one judges me here.
- In the currently popular lexicon "gambling" is often in the same category as "drinker" or "recreational drug." Now, to be honest, one huge reason for that is the large amount of storied where folks have wrecked their lives gambling.
Here is where the designation is unfair: If someone drinks a couple of beers during the weekend, they certainly are not labeled a "boozer." However, if someone takes a trip to Vegas twice a year, they are labeled a "gambler."
- This is an interesting topic for me, I was actually going to bring it up to some of you...
My contract will be running out soon, so my plan is to pick up a couple affiliate casino's and run with that. I bought some software, and have been studying for a while to see what I may be doing when I have the time...anyway, here is the story...
I ran this by my brother, who must think he is some holy roller or something, i don't know...he really gets on my case, and says I have no right getting into a business that puts peoples lifes into despair. I am contributing to their mess of a life., etc, etc.
Gambling is not constructive, and I should not be in a business of bringing other people
down...do you guys think this is how it is?
I mean we are all gamblers, so we all look for it, but would we be better off if it were not around? Part of me wants to tell him to stuff it, and the other part thinks maybe he is right? What do you guys think??
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played