The gamblers mind
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
- Started by
- last active 4 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Is a very strange mind indeed.
Strange topic but it feels weird now I have got my nice withdraw (from previous topics I spoke about, finally got it in bank today. A total of £1270 ) but it never seems enough for whatever reason or theres still an element of wanting to play again.
Can only cashout £300 from my bank maximum per day and I want to take it all out so I can manage it at home and get some nice things.
Was even watching "deal or no deal" earlier and they always say about being happy if someone put £1000 in their hands for free n the guy on it won exactly £1000 and was still quite pleased.
Anyways, I started by taking out the £300, had a few beers courtesy of "casino rewards" of course, then onto the arcade. Ended up throwing £170 into the "deal or no deal" fruit machine. Just as I thought may as well give up in came the red "mega streak" which repeated and payed more so I took £150 out of that (not good to carry all them pound coins stuffed in my jeans pocket to the cash in desk).
I had budgeted to lose at most £200 in the arcade so I was still all set with only a £20 loss .
Now back at home. Nice pile of notes to the right of me. Thoughts of being able to go to the cash machine tomorrow, friday and saturday to take out £300 each time and oddly the thought of "having another go" at an online casino hit my mind.
Very strange that no matter what you win you still want to play.
For me I know it would be easier if I had no winnings. That way if I had just £100 in the bank I would play with £20 now of it as my limit. Whereas having the winnings still makes me want to play a bit but the other side of me is saying "you've already got a substantial pile of cash you didnt think you would have..... be happy with it and dont give a penny of it back".
I think the other side of me speaks truth and that I should put gambling on hold at least until the majority of the money has gone and im back to what I had before the win
- What a great topic,Marcus and again big congrats to you.
Someone said once said,the game can only stop when you control your greed...ain't that true!:)
It's really nice to see your wanting to spend the money on nice things instead of wanting to put them all back to where it came from.
Way to go,Marcus and you so deserved it!
- Very true there, I dunno what it is apart from greed.
People in general tend to be like that which leads to downfalls.
Casinos greed = extra cash for them
Players greed = Extra cash for the casino
It must be 1 of them greed instincts where people can take things for granted. The kind where people can think they would love to have that extra £500 or bit of cash so they got money to play around with and buy something nice. Then once they get it they take it for granted and can miss out on buying things that matter for things that dont (like a few nights out in a club or back into a casino)
- I agree with Froggy as well, you should get something nice for yourself and don't gamble more than you did before. I have a friend that won big at some point this year on a sports bet (around 2,000 pounds) and then started to gamble large sums to maximize his winnings. He did win for a while but he lost it all at some point, all of it and he didn't even get to buy something for himself.
- good point. Maybe it isnt fun its entertainment like you mention. Fun afterall is something thats constantly fun, gambling seems to be more fun with this winning but losing isnt as fun at all.
Its very strange sometimes at the arcade. The only way to profit seems to be by putting in a few £ and getting lucky with that, winning profit and walking away since I learnt the mistake that if I spend more than 30 mins there im guaranteed to be walking out with a loss
- Hey Marcus, great topic, Man we could spend weeks talking about this. I think people tend to greedy by nature. Some are greedier
than others obviously. I think one of the reasons we don't seem to be satisfied with a win or we feel we want more is because it's kind of a thrill that we sort of feel like we got something for nothing even though we risked a bit to get it.
- Money goes to your head sometimes, and you start spending it like it is an endless supply. Then you feel really bad and everyone says I told you so and talks about how weak you are when controlling your cash. Enjoy it while it lasts because it will eventually be gone. Nicer to have something to show for it. Congratulations!
Funny thing about greed Blue, it tends to fluctuate during various
- Replied by
- at May 20, 2011, 13:29:39
- last active 21 hrs ago
situations. When you're just about broke from that $25 deposit and then you hit a random jackpot the greed factor has to recalibrate itself accordingly . As for me, I would say I start out with a base greed of 5. However, I'm an American so I would add 2 to that right off the bat. This of course is subject to change without notice LMAO.
Some interesting points. I tend to not see myself as greedy as such when I have next to no cash. Im quite generous n good with my cash when I have nearly nothing n dont mind spending.
- Replied by
- at May 20, 2011, 13:50:17
- last active 4 months ago
Then when I get some cash (like now) 1 part of me feels like I should buy something awesome but the other part is telling me "no dont spend it now, you wont have as much cash to look at and feel secure with". Then usually I keep to my thing and dont spend it until something silly comes along like the pub and I blow it. In fact when I have cash its almost like I would rather buy £10 worth of drinks in the pub for me instead of paying £10 for a Chinese meal for my family.
Thats very true bongo. You think when you deposit that amount "im gonna quit when I get to $100" but then when you reach the $100 you think "nice... I want $100 more now"
My greed levels could be normally when I have nearly no cash a 1 or 2, but then when I have cash a 7 or 8. Although this time I might invest my cash in a "micro pig"
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...