The No Deposit Shakedown...
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
- Started by
- last active 5 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Ok guys cast ur votes and see how we are doing!READ
- ..Alright before anyone starts getting upset, i did research the forum for a similar vent like this one, but didn't find anything...
(climbing up on soapbox)
I've been wondering, if its me? Am I the only one that thinks these "no deposits" bonuses given by some of these casinos are teetering on extortion? Think about it. No deposit should mean just that "no deposit". Period. However, hiding behind "for fraud prevention" as a loophole to get a deposit anyway is absurd. For example, if one were truly putting forth an effort against fraud, than why not have this so-called minimum deposit they're strong-arming for be a reasonable amount? PayPal for example, makes 2-3 small deposits (usually $1.30-$1.90) into your bank account to see if its you.
I wouldn't trip if it were an amount like that. However, when they want to prevent fraud and still require people to make a deposit (coming from the states get ready to drop $20-25) before you can cash out , then have the nerve to demand that you do at least a 2x or else is ridiculous. I think that we the consumers need to work as one to get the false advertisement from these "no deposit, deposit anyway casinos". Lastly, if anyone should be worried of fraud, I think it would be the player.
..one more thing, isn't that what the verification forms are for? If one isn't from the "86" (banned) countries anyway, the deposit shouldn't be a requirement.
- planet23 say they require the $25 to be wagered 2x before cashing out ND winnings.
Under no circumstance is it for fraud prevention. Its a hope that you get tempted to play and lose all the money.
Its the same regarding stalling payments... the only casino i know that doesnt do it is 3dice. The others pend your withdrawl for ages in the hope you get tempted to reverse it and lose
- Poppy, that is excellent observation and explaination.. no deposit should mean what it says... it does make you think.. why..hmm, 20 to 25 for "fraud prevention", true that paypal uses 1.00 or so for verification..
they should remane it, "not so free chip" or "no deposit if you don't cash-out"
they always say to deposit no problemo, to withdrawl it's like pulling teeth...
they have the same attitude as we do... "it's our money" unfortunately we have less rules then they do when we give it to them..
i agree it should be a pleasant experience either way
- Yeah, I've had accounts verified by poker sites in the past by them making a small $1 or $2 deposit to my card or account - and I accepted it without much fuss because I forgot to tell them that my minimum was 50. So it was my fault. I'll be more careful in the future. But there's no reason these casinos can't use a similar system; even if we still have to deposit to them, $1 or $2 should do the trick like it does elsewhere. And a 2x playthrough on top of it? That's just pathetic. Avoid those casinos.
- There needs to definitely be regulations for false advertising. All i can say is read the small print before playing a free chip. If you can't find the terms go to live chat and ask.
The issue here is who guards the player against a casino's fraudulent activity. The entire focus of online casinos is the player. No where is the player protected. The only thing we can do is complain on forums like this and bring awareness to people.
What really frustrates me about the US is the ban is supposedly to protect against money laundering and protect against compulsive gamblers. If there is is such a concern for our welfare i am curious to see how they will protect the player against fraudulent activity from the casino if the ban is lifted.
- lipstick_xoxos wrote:
There needs to definitely be regulations for false advertising. All i can say is read the small print before playing a free chip. If you can't find the terms go to live chat and ask.
I just got a good example of a "No Deposit" (Deposit) chip BS from Tropica. They sent me this with the headline:
>>Luck of the Irish with a 20 No Deposit Chip this weekend<<
Key details? You have to complete one of their offers THIS weekend to get that $20.
Now this is BS and they're starting to lie like Ruby did months ago. I'm getting ready to dump them and stick with only 2 now...
- I was thinking that those so called "awards" things, you know "the best casino of yadda yadda.." . Those places if reputable is where we should start. In order to generate business these places would want to have a good reputation as being trustworthy. Especially to the US player whose already under the radar. If you're going to bamboozle me, at least court me first.
I think when the ban does get lifted our deposit amounts and rate of b.s will increase.
- Replied by
- LCB Admin
- at March 19, 2010, 18:42:51
- last active 4 hrs ago
- planet23 is 1 of them... requireing 2x wagering of your deposit is the reason i bet my no deposit winnings away although they dont have the best reputation as it is...
Jenny Nolan the rep told me I needed to make a minimum deposit and wager that 2x before I could cashout my "no deposit bonus" :
"Second, to answer your question, you will need to make a minimum deposit of 25$ and wager the deposit twice (2X) and then you will be able to cash your 100$ winnings and your deposit"
funny as soon as i start to question it she stops replying to me. If only they had brains. If they had paid me I would of been a very nice depositor there for a long time to come
To add to the falseness of it being a "no deposit bonus", (be it an "exclusive" bonus granted here) she was basically telling me "deposit $25, after youve wagered that 2x you can cashout your $100 ND winnings and your deposit". However that is completely untrue because lets say when I was wagering that $25 x2 I didnt win a spin and lost $50?
- Sparkz wrote:
To add to the falseness of it being a "no deposit bonus", (be it an "exclusive" bonus granted here) she was basically telling me "deposit $25, after youve wagered that 2x you can cashout your $100 ND winnings as your deposit". However that is completely untrue because lets say when I was wagering that $25 x2 I didnt win a spin and lost $50?
I agree. I remember seeing a few that offered a small cash out and required a deposit close to half the amount of the withdrawal That translates to unneeded hoops to jump. I'll have to spend some time research site for a list. Diceland requies a $25 dep with a playthrough.
- hi like i said in another post most rivals are doiny this bonus play and then you get the free chip, and the phone calls from rtg are anoying, ty josie46 ill be glad when ban is lifted and then i think ill be better cause casinos will have to compete are they will not get us,i spent a lot through neteller and it was so easy. 1 23 . oh well , well see , ty josie46
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played