Hey all! I hope it was okay to start a seperate topic for the imagination contest. When I logged in today, and read the 1st sentence of the story, I was dumb-founded! It's a long run-on sentence that makes absolutely no sense.(please, no offense to anyone who posted in the 1st sentence- that's not my intention) I am merely trying to point out that what I get from it, is the whole point of the contest is for all of us to work together as a team, to create a story.
If everyone works together on this and follows the rules, I think we could all put together an interesting & humorous story. Just knowing that it's a piece that we all did together is a great reward!
Also, what I have done, and would be great if everyone else does, is when adding your next word to the story, if you notice a typo someone else has made, take a second to correct it....It'll make for much easier reading as the story goes on.
I hope noone takes this post the wrong way, or thinks I'm being bossy.....I'm just trying to make the contest more enjoyable for all of us.
.....NOW, let's see how we can put our imaginations together to build a great piece of art
VRC Imagination Contest Comments/Questions
Readers of this topic also read:
- Looking for a casino rep and the correct thread to post your complaint or ask a question? No...READ
- Started by
- at December 18, 2009, 17:20:12
- last active 8 months ago
Thanks for the post acgofer. I'm hopeful everyone will take it the way you have intended.
- Replied by
- at December 20, 2009, 11:12:35
I notice some have problems copying and pasting so to help here are two ways to copy and paste:
1. Highlight the previous post main body text.
2. Press "Ctrl and C" together (to copy)
3. Click reply (to post your word for the story)
4. Press "Ctrl and V" (to paste)
1. Highlight the previous post main body text.
2. Right click anywhere in the text and you should see a little dropdown appear.
3. Click "copy" with the left mouse button.
4. Click reply (to post your word for the story)
5. Right click anywhere in the reply area and you should see that little drownown appear again.
6. Left click "paste".
- I just right-click, copy, paste, add my word then post..
If anyone sees that they have posted at the same time, either edit it or remove, but before you do wait just a few minutes to see how it's going,
usually what i do if i posted the same time i just click "remove" unless mine was posted first.
Using reply also lets you see what others words are posted.
- Ya gotta keep on trucking then helwin.
I have been deleting the posts that prove to be "unnecessary" i.e. first person posts a word and the second person posts a different word at the same time (but doesn't bother to edit their post). The one that is not used is deleted. Its just to try and keep it "clean" and "flowing". So if anyone taking part sees their posts go down by 1 or 2, that will be why.
- Lol.. yeah if i see it going.. not so clean, ill throw ina word that takes it to the cleaners lmaoooooo
I have alot of fun with it, i edit it as well, came in today and the same sentence was posting in it twice with 2 different endings had to go back and find out which word was first and started the sentence. I usually get it going right again. Lips fixed it up nicely too, loved how she did that.
- once upon a time soda opened this thread and read about a story but the only story he found weren't even stories. they were posts of people giving their own instructions on how to post the story and their own versions on how to copy and paste - i thought i was dreaming - then opened the browser to full screen...and read the posts again except this time imagining as if they were all talking instead of posting...but talking all at the same time....
....i have a headache. too tired to go even look for this story..with all the yap yap yap yap..i would have thought one of you would have posted a link!!!! !!!!
hahaha...but was I wrong? this thread made no sense to me as i tried to find the story in all of the copy this paste that removed that one edit this one and added another one had to re-copy and then edit as i had to go into another one to add the new one to the old one so that the front is now at the back where the middle can now stay in the middle...there all fixed now.
- helwin wrote:
soda69- I think there's a different section you might want to be in. This obviously isn't it. Blueday I'm sorry I don't know what I'm complaining about, You are doing all the work. Have I thanked you lately?
and by obviously did u mean this really isn't it?? oh...man...and i thought i was just figuring out how to post here...and so the story thing is actually a real story..just not here...but somewhere else...hmm...there was nothing to figure out here? ctrl - c is still to copy and ctrl - v to paste...just as right-clicking the mouse button and selecting copy or paste also works in the same way..
damn..all that brain energy looking for some secret code...in all this mumbo jumbo...and there never was one to begin with...it actually is for what it is....
wait wait..what is this i have found?!?!? Blue to my rescue again!!!
now was that left click it or right click it? (sorry i couldn't find the post with the instructions) !!
omg...why am i being such a pain in this thread?...i must get out of here and never come back..i go cwazzy in here....so sawwwy
- helwin wrote:
Soda69 don't be sawwwy, you are just a little bit too HAPPY
What are the effects of being too HAPPY? i never noticed it but it doesn't seem to have any effect on me in any negative or apparent way. well at least i think it doesn't - for me it feels good to be happy but i will keep an eye on it now that you have mentioned it. the new h1n1 - as it evolves and now becomes the happy flu.
But I would recommend that if it is apparent to you and is effecting you in such a way, especially if the effects are unbearable, i think you should get checked out and find out whats wrong. whatever it is i hope it's nothing or at the most something that is not serious...who knows? maybe u might just be allergic to me...i dunno..i would really hate to be the cause of someone's illness.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played