What To Do NOW?
Anything related to casinos, casino games, new casinos, tournaments etc.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
While we are all running around bannging our heads here, we need to take a step back and look at the Big Picture here:
- Started by
- at May 26, 2011, 17:48:02
- last active about 1 month ago
We are being denied the opportunity to gamble online by our own govt. A govt that passed a law w/o our knowledge or consent. The UIGEA as attached to the Port Security Bill, on a Sat night, at the conclusion of the Congressional calendar. It was "snuck in", knowing the Port Security Bill had to be passed, in the wake of the panic over 9/11.
Another aspect of this situation is that the fact that Antigua won a dispute with the US at the World Trade Organiztion over internet gambling prohibitions. The US lost the dispute, but refused to comply. Despite the fact the US used this same WTO to enforce other countries regarding copyright infringement laws, pirating of dvd's and music cd's by US artists.
The bottom line is that the US broke the rules, not b/c someone is afraid of teerrorists, but b/c of the money. It's always about the Benjamins. Always.
Antigua WINS WTO gambling case vs. US - Blackjack and Card Counting Forums - BlackjackInfo.com
My view is that we, the people, should exercise our power of dissent, to take this to the people and let them know what is happening.
The fact is that this is only one thing in a series of recent events where US govt bureaucrats have taken over our lives in very unhealty ways, while claiming they are doing these things for the "greater good". Haven't we heard this before.
It's time to step forward and make our voices heard. Remember that anyone can play the lottery, go to bingo, or a casino anywhere and gamble. It's not about gambling, it's about gambling online. How many spam emails do you get to view porn, or buy viagra, but they are not stopping that?
It's always about the money they can get. Billions are involved here. Our billions that we can choose to spend however we want.
I think that we can start this off by simply posting on Twitter and Facebook and other Social Media about this. One person can make a difference. Remember, those Middle East uprisings going on right now all started on Facebook - true story.
When others know they are not alone, things happen quickly today, all due to the power of the internet.
Let's use what we have to multiply our efforts.
- that is a good notion however the problem i see here is we online gamblers and gamblers are a distinct low population group , the other thing you left out of the blatant USA's negligence to respect the international trade order of national attendants is the one vital messy situation that i would like to point out the stesl tarriffs that are really tearing at generations and probably all time to not just our country's populace but the world's.. it i believe all stems from the American's feeling of imperialistic dominance in their self righteous intent of spreading democracy now to the world with the blow to socialism that it took after the fall of the blessed Soviet Union, this imperialist do as i say kind of spew is in essence a Christian dominated civil war spreading throughout the entire globes mind of duality of the philosohphies of a democracy vs a republic.. which any politico is basically a war.
- abridging individual freedoms , rights, ... personally i am calling it as i see it . you guys could see to it i'm out for speaking freely on the forum , but as i say what i do. and as fair and least offensive as can be in speaking my mind.. all i can think is well .. as usual i will wait for the Feds to come drag me out and martyr me in their political motivated power struggle example to make .. chained and bound i'm sure they wouldn't be happy til such a virulent individual as myself would be. but we'll see.
- Hiya Amateur.
(I moved your topic to casino thread and sorry but had to remove the links from your post because posting other sites are not allowed although I understand the reason of why you add the links. )
This is a great thread and I completely agree with you on there has to be something that we can do to make changes...despite the clear fact that we all know from the beginning regarding what has been happening...'it's all about the money and nothing more'.
One person may not be able to change the world but it's definitely a start.
Tim, you are certainly free to voice your opinion - definitely nothing wrong in that.
- Replied by
- at May 26, 2011, 19:09:28
- last active 1 hour ago
I've sat here and ranted on and then deleted it all. Suffice it to say that I for one (and I know I'm definitely not alone) don't agree with what your Govt. have done to you all. Dictatating what you spend your cash on, dictating which sites you can and cannot visit....where will this end and how much longer will it be before you all get together as suggested by Amateur to make your voices heard.
I think the twitter idea is a great idea.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...