Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 3 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Ok guys cast ur votes and see how we are doing!READ
- Hi Members,
Ok heres a "what if" question. I love to play "what ifs" or "would you rather"!!! I won't even tell ya the things that have been dreamt up on "would you rather".
Ok so your in a casino, your flat busted and spent your bankroll. As you start to get up from the machine you notice a wad of money on the floor next to you. No one is there. Someone has dropped that money at the slot machine and never comes back to get it.
Would you turn it in to security or would u slip it in your purse or...take some of the cash and then return the rest.
I had this happen to me once...i will come back later and tell ya what i did!
- As boring as this answer is, I would have to say I would turn it in to security. They see everything anyways,with cameras, and the ability to look back on the tapes to see the player who drop it. and I know they could track the player with their players card if they used one. If not...well, It is not my money to start with. If I kept that money I wouldn't sleep a wink for a month feeling guilty. I would hope for the best perhaps and get a reward from the rightful owner, for being honest and finding it. No one knows the circumstances of others, that money could be the only money they have in the whole world. They could of just won it, they could of just be that rich. Hard to say, but its just not my place to take it. PMM2008
- Yeah...who am I kidding.......I'd take it of course, my theory is if someone dropped it at a casino then chances are they had the money to lose in the first place, besides if I just walked away from it someone else beind me would probably pick it up and keep it themselves..I also believe in karma, and I can tell you i've lost money myself several times before and not once did it ever get returned to me...hehehe that would be karma coming back in my favor if I found some money!!!
- Yep I would turn it in for all the reasons above. But i would jot down who i turned the money into and find out what happens if person does not come to claim . Hopefully they will give it to me then .....I think it would be WRONG of casino to keep it
And I would take it one step further...talk to management
- SystEmsuX wrote:
Guilt, plus the potential of getting caught means I would have to turn it in. On the other hand, if no one comes back to get it, the casino is keeping the money. Jeez, they don't need any more money!
The risk isn't worth the reward, I guess.
LOL!!! Thanks for the good laugh and I needed it this morning.
- satansmuff wrote:
Yeah...who am I kidding.......I'd take it of course, my theory is if someone dropped it at a casino then chances are they had the money to lose in the first place, besides if I just walked away from it someone else beind me would probably pick it up and keep it themselves..I also believe in karma, and I can tell you i've lost money myself several times before and not once did it ever get returned to me...hehehe that would be karma coming back in my favor if I found some money!!!
LOL!!!! I like the ides of karma in reverse! hehe
- i noticed a few people mentioned they would be worried about getting caught...so what, what can you get in trouble for..finding something on the ground...possesion is 9/10's of the law you know....even if they did find out it was you, i'm sure they would just ask you to return it....and as long as you didn't spend it already no harm no foul right??? and besides, does anyone really trust a casino to give the money back to a person who claims they lost it...i think they would keep it for themselves.........lol...someone should test that theroy and see what happens....have a friend drop $100, you pick it up after them and turn it into the casino...then have your friend ask the casino if they could help locate the missing money [which they have in their possesion now] and see what they do!!!!
- Hi Members,
Seem's like we are one honest bunch! When i saw that wad of cash i have to admit my heart jumped a beat....but i did turn it in. I turned it in for three reasons..one i was way to afraid with eye in sky...my heart ached for the person who dropped it...and like so many of you said...karma.
I think when your a gambler along with it comes superstitions...I just felt if i even attempted to take that cash i would get it back in spades somewhere in my life.
When i picked it up i wouldnt even dare put it in my purse nor count it, fearing that if i was being watched it would look like i stole it. So i held it in my hand in full view as if to say to the cameras....ok i have it now watch close i am turning it in!!!
I didn't know so many peeps believed in karma, i know i certainly do and it wasn't worth the wrath i would get in the end.
Thanks for your replies and honesty.
- Okay, this is just one of example of Karma! Two years ago, One of my friend went Macy's to buy swimsuit and she found top and bottom separate and went to pay for it but the cashier charged her for only one...She was so happy that she got $84 bikini for free and called me to brag about it. About an hour later she called me back saying that she was in the hospital due to her car accident which ended up costing her a way more than $84...ya see? Karma will get you!!! I am from the country where I was taught to believe in it and this Karma can be very spooky if you find out more than what you know about it...if you don't get your bad Karma in your time, your children will end up to pay for it and grandchildren... something like that!
- nuns are not allowed to gamble...think you can handle that lol.....oh and as far as karma goes, i think that story was a little extreme...karma is more like you get what you give, not getting something for free then wrecking your car...geez, think of how many innocent people everyday day that get into near or fatal accidents...like drunk drivers, it would be silly to call that karma
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played