Abortion is a very controversial issue. There are many reasons that women choose to abort their unborn child. Rape....women that can not afford to care for a child….health risks in pregnancy are some reasons to name a few.
Are you for or against abortion. Is there exceptions to the rule?
Abortion….or the right to life?
Readers of this topic also read:
- Looking for a casino rep and the correct thread to post your complaint or ask a question? No...READ
- Considering I had one when I was 17, I believe we have the right to choose.....When it comes to abortions we all have different reasons for making the choice whether it's something as complex as rape or something as simple as just not wanting the responsiblity......I don't think anyone has the right to judge another persons choice...If it's not affecting you directly then it's none of your business.......and I believe that with EVERY choice a person makes not just on abortions!!
- It is a womans right to decide if she wants to abort her pregnancy. Ceratinly health issues are a very legit reason to not have the child. Other reasons range from being to young, not financially able, and rape just as Lips mentioned.
It is going to be different for different women. Certainly women who were raised to believe it was wrong to abort will not go thru with it, yet women who were not raised to believe it was wrong will likely not give it as much thought as those that were taught it was wrong. Your religious beliefs are a huge factor in this one.
I was not taught etheir way. The subject never came up in my house which is odd considering I have three older sisters.
If an unwanted pregnancy happened to me, I would likely have the child and give it up for adoption. Thats just me.
- satansmuff wrote:
I don't think anyone has the right to judge another persons choice...If it's not affecting you directly then it's none of your business.......and I believe that with EVERY choice a person makes not just on abortions!!
I agree completely with satan! I see too many kids having kids...(sigh~) in these days what could possibly young kids themselves do with little babies...how are they suppose to take care of kids? how, why, what...I wonder!!! It is one of the reason why I believe in abortion when needed to be done for right reasons.
(One of my friend has a son who is 16 and was born with down syndrome...now she regrets and regrets...believe me that she loves him that is not a question but...was it worthy for them?)
This is quite the controveral subject, so many views. In my opinion abortion is wrong, on almost all levels. I believe that God is the only one who should decide whether a person, especially a baby, should live or die. If a person honestly believes that they can't afford a child, there is adoption, and so many families out there that would love the opportunity to give a child a great life. I have a 3 year old daughter, who means more than the world to me, and when I got pregnant, there was no other options is my mind, other than having her, and doing my best to provide for her. I gave up a lot when I had her, I used to have money, a high paying job, and the freedom to do as I pleased. Thanks to her dad, who not only provides for her, but me as well, I am able to stay at home, and raise her myself.
- Replied by
- at October 30, 2009, 23:32:58
- last active 8 months ago
misty.....your post points out my thoughts. While there are certainly tragic human circumstances where an abortion **may** be necessary, we do have to keep in mind this is not plant life we are dealing with. While I support a woman's right to make an ultimate decision in this matter, there is something (to me) about the pro-choice movement that cheapens life.
- Replied by
- at October 31, 2009, 00:54:05
- last active 5 months ago
- I agree the pro-choice movement has indeed cheapened the value of life. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral. I believe that there may be very few situations that could warrent the occassional abortion, but when women are having abortions more often than they are getting their teeth cleaned, there is a definite problem with that. They are looking at it as a birth-control method, and in turn thousands and thousands of babies are being killed each year, very sad.
- Medicaly speaking in the first 10 weeks a "baby" is just an embryo....it doesn't start to form into a fetus until the end of the first trimester......an embryo is just a bunch of cells, no form, no body, no nothing........in reality although no one likes to think of it this way, it's no different than cancer, just a growth of cells inside your body, but no one thinks twice about destroying those kind of cells............now don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that's what I feel on this matter, it's just medical terms I'm stating. We just happened to be discussing the human body and functions and all this kind of stuff in school last week...........................
- Actually by 8 weeks, the baby has a brain, face,,eyes ears, mouth and of course a beating heart. Something cancer cells does not. Like mentioned several times above, very controversal subject. But we all have our own opinions on the matter, and I respect that, and I would never judge a person for their decisions in life, as I have not walked in their shoes.
- Oh, maybe it was 8 weeks then, but still in the embiotic stage it is nothing more than a bunching of cells.....once it becomes a fetus then it's an actual baby developing...Something else I found out in school was the surpising rate of miscarriages that we women aren't even arware of.....I was told that just like cancer [which is why I used that comparison] that when a change occurs in our body we tend to reject it and with pregnancies our bodys way of dealing with the change is to abort it......It happens so early on that most women this happens to didn't even know they were pregnant!! Makes me wonder how whoever came up with this theory figured this out if no one knew they were pregnant in the first place!!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played