American Idol's Kris Allen Defied the Odds
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Readers of this topic also read:
Posting to the forums is only allowed for members with active accounts
- Hi Members,
Bets were placed on Wednesday's Finale and the favorite was not Kris Allen. The predictions were that Danny Gokey and Adam Lambert would be the final two. Adam Lambert was the favorite to win. When it came down to the final seconds of the show...Kris Allen was crowned the next American Idol.
I loved Adam Lambert and was really sad when he lost. I think he was one of the most talented singers American Idol ever had. I was touched though when Kris Allen's response was "Adam should be up here" ( i thought yeah you got that right!). That was a humble gesture on his part. Either way they both will be a success and i'm sure it won't be last time we hear from Adam.
Were you happy with the outcome?
- Sad..very very sad :'(
Poor Adam..he must have thought he was going to win. Kris came out of nowhere...
talk about a longshot What was America thinking? 100 MILLION voters??
- It's not sad. These guys are both winners and will do well with their careers. It was all a matter of what kind of music people like. Gothic rock and black eyeliner and fingernails are not my bag. I think a lot of Danny Gokey's votes went to Kris as they both sang the same kind of songs.
- It is true..Adams persona may not be to your liking.
This IS truly where the sadness lies, where people are so judgemental, they
are basing his performance on fingernails and eyeliner, and not the performance itself.
Adam had more stage presence than any contestant I have seen, and belted out notes better than a lot of seasoned musicians that I have seen.
I liked Danny and Kris too, but I hardly think they played to a caliber of an American Idol.
- It's all a matter of individual likes and dislikes I guess. Chris Daughtry was voted off early a few years ago. He is now a big star. I really think the only american idol season that got it right in the end was when Carrie Underwood won. Look at her now!
I wish both Adam and Kris good luck in their futures.
- Adam Lambert he always sounded like he was screaming on American Idol, I felt like I was watching Elvis, but listening to Ozzy screaming. I'm too old now for all that screaming. Plus Adam was not a unknown he was proforming in a musical play “The Ten Commandments,” a pop musical that also starred Val Kilmer as a singing Moses, at the Kodak Theatre in LA. You can see a video if you go to Los Angles Times Culture Monster here on the web.
Kris Allen is the Ideal American Idol. His singing is very comfortable to my ears. He is a humble 23 year old college student that no one ever heard of. His parents said they had to bribe him to sing. Kris don't even realize how good he sings. Go to you tube and put Kris Allen Ain't No Sunshine AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 8 in the search bar . He's voice is beautiful. Isn't that what American Idol is all about finding a unknown and making them into a star.
- Sometimes Adam did sound like a screaming mimi I guess..that's the kind of music he fits well with.
Kris is a good musician also. I have to agree it was a wonderful rendition of Ain't No Sunshine. He did have a lot of good moments too. I always thought Kris was good.
I just really liked Adam.
I agree with you ( i knew i always liked you )! Adam is a showman. Here's my prediction Kris will be forgotten within a years time and won't last.
Adam will be a legend. As Paula said "Adam you are iconic". I think she hit the nail on the head. He will be around for a very long time to come.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played