Any doctors in the house? I could really use some help/advice!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi LCB'ers, Freaky Vegas has an awesome news which you'll love! They have just launched an...READ
- I have a bit of a problem here....every day I wake up with new "bites" on me! I have a total of 9 now that happened over the last 3 days. I have no idea what's been eating me but they look and feel worse everyday. You can see the actual bite mark with is very tiny and an open sore because I can't stop scratching them. Around the sore about the size of a dime is completely white and around the white it's deep red and raised above the rest of my skin and it's a bit larger than a half dollar....perfect circle and rock hard. The whole area itches and burns but I have no feeling on the mark itself. I feel perfectly fine aside from the discomfort of the bites. Because of the looks of them I want to go see a doctor, I admit I'm quite scared by these but since I have no insurance my only option is the ER and I really don't want to end up with a $500 bill just so someone can tell me to put some cream on it and wait it out. I'm guessing it's a spider bite of some kind but I honestly don't know. And oddly enough I'm the only one getting bitten, my boyfriend sleeps right next to me and he has nothing! Does anyone have any idea what this may be or any advice on what I should do? Thanks guys!
- You need to see a doctor. The ER will cost you an arm and leg so call your Dr. and tell them what's going on.
Ask for a discount since you have no insurance, many will give you one if you just ask.
Hmmm..I was thinking bed bugs but I don't think they would get red, white and sore.
Spiders... maybe but....iffy. 9 bites? I have had a spider( I think) bite me in my sleep and it has always been on my ear.
Don't go looking on WebMD... you will see the worst possible scenario and it will do nothing to help.
Bite the bullet and call a dr. for an appt. Way cheaper than the ER.
Keep us posted.
- Well for one, unless you got them somewhere else I doubt they are bites of any kind that you received during your sleep. If so they wouldn't of just chose you, and I would think your boyfriend would of received at least one. Many times people mistake an infection with a "bite" of some kind because of the fact a bite of some kind does look just like some types of infection. First question would be, have you recently cut, scraped, poked, or anything else that would cause you to bleed? Second question being that an infection can get into your blood stream, have you recently been sick in a way such as, kidney infection, UTI, or something involving your internal organs? And my last question would be, have you seen any kind of insect or bug in your bed because only a few types of critters I can think of that you cant see and one would be bedbugs. If in fact its not a bite of any kind, and it is an infection I would suggest going to the doctor as soon as you can. An infection can be serious and in some cases be deadly if not properly treated. If you could possibly take a picture of one of the places on you, and send it to me, I would like to take a look at it to get a better idea of what your talking about. PM me and I could give you my personal Email if you would like me to look further into it for you.
- Sounds like Jitter Bugs or Bed Bugs..these types of bugs do have certain preference in their feeding, maybe your blood is sweeter then his and that could be communicated to the crowd lol.. spidar i doubt it unless you are laying upon a nest of some sort.. but also they could not even be bites at all, could have a sort of virus or allergy in your blood and your body is trying to dispose it.. but when it is something unknown don't mess around see a doctor.. could even be boils they do hurt, recently a cousin of mine got one and then within days just about 10 developed, at first thought they were bug bites, went to the doctor and found it out.. no idea why he got them, he is completely healthy..
- I found a site that has a bug bite slide show on it - http://www.webmd.com/allergies/ss/slideshow-bad-bugs.
I hope this might help.
- Thanks for the thoughts guys...JACOBBLACK, are you a Dr.? You sound like you know alot of stuff...I haven't been sick in any way nor have I cut myself or anything. In truth, we just moved out of our apartment but we waited so long to look for another one that the new apartment won't be ready until Saturday. So for this week we are staying at one of his friends house. This place is in the ds and it's totally disgusting. There are 8 other men who live in this house and don't clean or anything. It's roach infested and who knows what else is living in here....it's so gross I won't even shower or use the bathroom here...I've been going to gas stations for bathroom business and giving myself baby wipe baths, lol!!! Yeah it's that gross in here....thank GOD I only have 2 more days here...I'm just really hoping nothing trys to hitch a ride to my apartment, but I only brought some basket of clothes and the tv in here so hopefully I'll be ok. Anyways I will send you a picture of them if you think you might be able to determine the cause....keep in mind that the little open sore part did not look like that until I started to scratch them excessively. Thank you!
Oh and I'm not sure if it makes a difference or not, but I am here 24 hours a day...my boyfriend works nights so is only at the house during the day.
- No I am not a doctor, but I study a lot about many different things. With now knowing a few more things, its possible it is bed bugs because of the fact that some people aren't allergic to bed bug bites as for some are which would explain your boyfriend not having signs of bites. Not meaning that hes not getting bit but its just not affecting him. Another possibility would be chiggers as to which their bite does not really take affect until the next day which would explain why you think your being bitten at night or sleeping. I correct myself in my previous statement when I said "cant" see when describing bed bugs but the word should of been "hard" to see because in fact you can see them, but they are small. I would suggest buying a few of those sticky glue like mouse traps and setting them out around the bed, and checking them daily to determine if it is actually bed bugs. If it is in fact bed bugs but the infestation is rather small there are some things you can buy to get rid of them, but always read the instructions very carefully. If the infestation is large I would suggest calling an exterminator.
- I really appreciate everyones input. I hope it's just bedbugs like a few people mentioned and my I had a bad reaction to them. I'm not sleeping in my own bed right now so that is possible....all I can say is Sat can't get here fast enough! I've never had a problem like this before and it started as soon as I entered this house. I just hope nothing from here goes to the new apartment. I'm gonna wash everything in hot water when I leave this place before I bring it to my new one. All I brought is my blanket, pillows, a few outfits and the tv. No hitch hikers please!!!!! lol
- i missed this thread, sorry, was playing portal 2 all day so i didnt check forum,
errrrr, i dont know what they could be, im thinking an infection, because im not too sure it is bites, i saw your pics and they are red and swollen and u said itchy too, could be numerous things, but put some basic cream on, that might take the itch away and see how it goes, in the uk we use (the reason i say basic cream is because you are in the usa im in the uk, so our creams will be different),
just get some anti itching cream of some kind and let us know how it goes, i understand how the health system works in the usa, and it is a bit upsetting it is the way it is, what happened to that health reform that was passed, can you get insurance through that now, or basic free healthcare now, i thought that was another reason health reform happened, or is it all still insurance related, because i thought there was medicare, or something, i know a fair bit, but not all the details, a bit confusing
keep us posted, i hope they go away for you soon satan
- They almost look like boils which can be caused by a skin infection. If it starts to become very painful and begins to drain it could possible be that. But considering you got so many in such a short time leans towards a bed bug infestation.
Don't wait too long to get it taken care of and if anything go to a free clinic you don't want that to get in your blood stream and make you sick or cause an infection.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played