Any gardeners out there?
Readers of this topic also read:
- Mandarin Palace Exclusive Freeroll Tourney only for LCBers For New and Existing Players - US...READ
- Just wondering because I am so ready to get my plants in the ground. I planted my peas and onions and started my tomatoes inside. I have had to plant my tomatoes twice because my dumbass cat ate my first seedlings. I love to go and work outside. It is very soothing. Any of you have plans for a garden?
- ah, the garden! Broccalli, brussel sprouts, snow peas, onions, for the winter, had a problem with cotton tail rabbits this year, had to beef up the fenceing, but they got in there and did there damage. Looking for a good year, here in Nor cal. Just can't get enough of the snow peas, my body does real good with those!
- I love to plant flowers and a veggie garden every year. After all the hard work of getting a garden in every spring i get the most excited with things that sprout that i never planted!
I have gotten huge sun flowers from sunflower seeds that i give the birdies and one year had a pumpkin out of no where after it fell off my porch the fall before.
- Me,me,me~~~ as our Blueday already know and heard enough of how much I love gardening.
Hah, I can probably write twenty pages of all my flowers and fruit trees...:)
I enjoy being outdoors especially gardening It makes me feel so alive...helps me to relax, practicing patience, boost my creation ability and the joy of picking my own homegrown fruits, vegetables and herbs is tremendous.
I have about almost every kinds of flowers and vegetables and my favorites are Daisies, Bluebells, lacy Lilac tree and of course the beds filled with strawberries.
It's like when I am tending my garden, it connects me with nature...I am surrounded by the chatter of birds.
Took a lot of work pulling weeds in my garden last three days but after hard work, it brought me fulfillment and I could feel my spirits were lifted.
You know... some people say gardeners live to garden...that explains why I am so passionate about gardening since my mother, mother's mother,mother's mother's mother~~~is and were all gardeners after all.:)
This winter was such a difficult time for me since I lost so many beautiful flowers,plants and vegetables even with a greenhouse which was built by my teenage daughter as Christmas gift and my efforts but I am thrilled to say aloud that spring is finally here. Yay!!!
- you guys are inspiring me. Hope I can scrape up money for some seeds. Or we could trade...I have a lot of chile pequins- very hot! growing wild here, and thanks to a wild bird seed mix I bought, some kind of Gigantic purple thistle. No good with that one, except for the wow effect - wow!! that's some gigantic thistles!
It's just my hands have gotten so bad I can only spend about 10 minutes using them and then have to wait about 3 more days to use them again. but I want a garden, yes...
- Replied by
- at March 06, 2011, 07:10:47
- last active 7 hrs ago
- I've always had flower gardens but started a veggie garden last year.
I don't like tomatoes but picked about 300.:) Everything grew... green beans, caulifower, peppers, corn and lots of herbs.
For my herbs, I cut what was left at the end of the season and put a chunk in ice cube trays, filled with water, froze and then put the cubes in freezer bags. Worked great all winter. Just threw a cube in whatever I was baking, shoved under turkey skin,etc.
I need to get seeds to try and start some early instead of buying all plants this year.
I'm in Minnesota so can't plant anything outside until after Mother's Day.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played