arizona law......what is the problem??? (JUST THE FACTS PLEASE)
Readers of this topic also read:
- I have been watching and listening to eric holder, robert gibbs and the president continue to rant and rave about how racist and unfair the new arizona law is. how can that be ? have they still NOT read the law.....??? and if they have a major problem with ARIZONA for sticking up for itself...how can they support sanctuary cities like san francisco and houston???
- Read these stories and you will see why it is imperative for Arizona to protect their borders.
- Replied by
- at July 27, 2010, 03:42:16
- last active 19 min ago
Facts Please, Tommy Hilfiger, I didnt understand your reply but let me say that you said facts please, just what are the facts? Why is the big push to get the illegals out, when President Obamba gets in the Wheat House, oops the White House, immigration becomes a big problem. Now Arizona has be on their job with immigration. I give them that..they didnt just start yesterday. But the article below...well I though it was pretty cute, do you want those jobs, and now that our economy is trying to revive, we are blaming the problem on Mexico. I wonder how many of the "Big Boys" really want them out...after all, they wouldnt come unless they knew they couldnt get a job. Now dont get me wrong, I used to pretty unhappy about jobs and especially having to know Spanish. African Americans have been complaining long time ago....we lost jobs also but now why all of the uproar...these are facts!
- Replied by
- at July 29, 2010, 22:39:28
- last active 9 months ago
Immigrant farm workers’ challenge: Take our jobs
Challenge sceduled to be featured on Comedy Central’s ‘Colbert Report’ tomorrow night
By Juliana Barbassa
SAN FRANCISCO—In a tongue-in-cheek call for immigration reform, farm workers are teaming up with comedian Stephen Colbert in a challenge to unemployed Americans: Come on, take our jobs.
Farm workers are tired of being blamed by politicians and anti-immigrant activists for taking work that should go to Americans and dragging down the economy, said Arturo Rodriguez, the president of the United Farm Workers of America.
So the group is encouraging the unemployed — and any Washington pundits who want to join them — to apply for some of the thousands of agricultural jobs being posted with state agencies as harvest season begins.
All applicants need to do is fill out an online form under the banner “I want to be a farm worker” at www.takeourjobs.org, and experienced field hands will train them and connect them to farms.
Three out of four farm workers in the U.S. were born abroad, and more than half are illegal immigrants, according to the Labor Department.
Proponents of tougher immigration laws have argued that farmers have become used to cheap labor. The problem with the UFW's proposition, they argue, is that growers don't want to raise wages and improve working conditions enough to attract Americans.
In either case, those who have done the job have some words of advice for applicants.
First, dress appropriately. During summer, when the harvest of fruits and vegetables is in full swing in California's Central Valley, temperatures hover in the triple digits. Heat exhaustion is one of the reasons farm labor consistently makes the Bureau of Labor Statistics' top 10 list of the nation's most dangerous jobs.
Second, expect long days. Growers have a small window to pick fruit before it is overripe; work starts before dawn and goes on for 12 or more hours.
And don't count on a big paycheck. Farm workers are excluded from federal overtime provisions, and small farms don't even have to pay the minimum wage. Fifteen states don't require farm labor to be covered by workers compensation laws.
Any takers? ...
- oh brother......i got a brilliant idea......why dont we secure the border....all those farm positions all the left wingers love (so they have something to talk about) could be filled EASILY with say an AUTHORIZED, ( IMMIGRANT WORKER PROGRAM ) and then maybe we could have a mandatory ID so we can weed out the thugs. would this be an instant solution....NO....would it be a step at least somewhere???? YES YES YES OBAMA and HARRY and NANCY arent doing SH@#$#%$%$%TTT!!! they just want to apease the left hoping for much needed votes to stop the landslide that is coming.
- THE FACT IS:
If i put myself in the place of the illegals who come over here to work and go home or go get better living conditions, "I aint mad at ya" I would want the same thing. But lets focus on the facts, businesses and capitalist have a part in it, a big part, they just serving drama from the Bahamas. Mexican restaurants, la comida, who goes there, who goes to the market, who loves the senoritas, and senors, the salsa and the rhythm of the beats...Americans patronize them, now lets get them out...it aint gonna happen captain....that is a fact. We have to have a better plan, one that is fair to those who came across the border to work. If Hispanic stores or ...well heck why am I focusing on the Hispanics...the Asian, Cambodians, Vietnamese.....we patronize them also. Now being an Black American sister, I have dealt with racial profiling but I was born here and some of us are still being treated poorly, so HELL YES, I am down with the Brown! We have to make sure we are being fair to those who have a right to be here and for those that don't we will have to show them the way to the door with dignity. Wow, now the finger is off the black on the brown. We have to find a better way to make the USA a better place. I will march hand in hand for justice for all!
- SO WHY DONT WE JUST OPEN OUR BORDERS AND MOVE OUT!!! WTF ABOUT ILLEGAL MEANS IT IS Ok.>????? THAT IS WHY THEY ARE CALLED ILLEGAL ALIENS!!! (and for ISHIN......charlie rangle and gietner, chris dodd and barney frankenstein) and just so we all know,.....my wife is brown and she was legally petitioned over a very arduous two year period DEAL WITH IT!! SHE IS LEGAL!!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played