Beating The Odds - How Does it Happen??
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Readers of this topic also read:
A man in Florida recently won $3 million on the State Lottery. The year before he won the $10 million on the State Lottery. The odds to win - 18 million to 1.
- Started by
- at November 09, 2013, 16:05:00
A newly wedded couple were separated in a Nazi Concentration camp and never seen each other again. Both had thought the other perished. 45 years later he walks into a church in New York, the very same church she belongs to and they are reunited.
In 1858, Robert Fallon was shot dead after being accused of cheating after winning $600 in a Poker game. The players not wanting to take the now "unlucky" money found a new player to take Fallon's seat, staking him with the dead man's $600. Police arrived to investigate the killing when the new player had turned the $600 into $2,200 in winnings. The police ordered the original $600 to be given to Fallon's next of kin - only to discover that the new player turned out to be Fallon's son, who had not seen his father in seven years!
And my story..........
I lost contact with my childhood best friend after my mother had a falling out with her mother. I receive a phone call from my friend out of the blue 20 years later after desperately trying to track me down. She told me she had learned that the day i lost someone very dear to me she lost her sister who died on the same day, was buried the same day and was laid to rest at the same cemetery. In fact the driver leading the procession to the entrance of the cemetery for her sister announced he would have to go in another way due to a large procession entering the cemetery at the same time. My friend saw this large funeral in progress as they passed and commented to her family on how large it was..........that procession was the one i was in.
Is this all coincidence or could be divine intervention?
- Replied by
- at November 09, 2013, 20:44:15
- last active 1 hour ago
- You now it seems that there are a lot of people who beat the odds. Sometimes its the "little " people but most of the time it is people that are nothing but "pure evil" ... I am a spiritual person and strongly believe in Karma ... but no matter the Karma and how bad the repercussions should be.. it always come back 90 % of the time on the individual that pretty much may make a stupid mistake one or 2 times that would warrant such a thing. The big question for the group is "Why are the evil people the ones who always come out smelling like a rose when they are obviously the most evil and detestable people on the planet who scheme and lie and always seen to get whatever they want no matter what they have to do to get it? I realize that they will be punished come "Judgment Day", but my the point is, what good is it then when the world has basically imploded because of those very same people? Had they been punished at the time of the deceit and lies, maybe people who are truly honest and trustworthy and truly care for others could have been spared all the agony and grief? Just my little "Soapbox" speech that I like to give every once in a while. If anyone would like to decorate my Soapbox I would appreciate it. It is my platform for voicing my opinions and boy I can tell you I do have a lot of them ... most of the political, but just the same, If half of the people would speak out the mess in our country (USA), maybe there would be others who would them fell empowered to do the same. I am sure there are many who have the same feelings but just keep it to them self, for reason of probable backlash or out of just pure fear. As for ME???? I could care less what other people think about me when I voice an opinion that I feel is detrimental to the well-being of myself, this country, the people and those who serve and take a solemn oath to protect us! So remember our Veterans on Monday and thank god that there are still people who would risk their own lives for everything that we have. Although I personally feel that we are slowly being crushed by a regime so evil and powerful that no one seems to be willing to "take them on" ... I, however, would jump at the chance on a one on one with these liars, cheaters and scammers who are destroying the foundation and principals that we live by day after day. No one is going to take from me what my forefathers worked so hard to protect. Think about that the next time you are out and about and see someone that may need a helping hand or someone that you see deliberately doing something that you know is wrong.... call them out .. make them feel "small" and put them right where they belong .. at the bottom of the totem poll. We need to stop being so complaisant and really start fighting for what we believe is right and take back what it is slowly being stripped from us. Thanks for listening and any replies and opinions would be so much appreciated!
- Replied by
- at November 10, 2013, 05:01:36
- last active about 1 month ago
I think everything like the stories you shared always happen for a reason. It may be that we were not yet meant to have those people in our lives yet, but we eventually reconnect because we have a deeper connection with them that we may never learn in this life. I love to hear those kind of stories because it shows me that nothing is a coincidence and all those in my life are truly there for a reason.
"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." -- Michael Jordan
- Replied by
- Johnny Karp
- at November 10, 2013, 10:35:42
- last active 13 hrs ago
La justice poursuit le corps au-delà de toute souffrance possible. Michel Foucault (Surveiller et punir)
- Replied by
- at November 11, 2013, 14:55:33
- last active 13 min ago
- Hi Trpschick,
I am not so sure that your reply relates to the direction this thread was going but is more of a political stance. I do agree with you wholeheartedly we the citizens can't be so complacent and we need to voice our opinions. We have been given the right to free speech and while many complain, know one really stands up and tries to lead the way and voice their opinion.
I have often wondered if we are leading up to a civil war and a rebellion will take place. I hope it never leads to that and can be demonstrated in a direct yet peaceful manner.
We are fighting against a powerful government and sometimes i think we are defeated before we even begin. What is the resolution?
- Replied by
- Feelin froggy
- at November 11, 2013, 19:40:46
- last active 14 hrs ago
Wow, that's pretty heavy Lips. I think that's the universe's way of telling you not to lose contact with your friend again. On a side note: I have to tell all my LCB friends that (sigh) No--I, Bongo am not that lottery winner in Florida, But I digress.
- Replied by
- at November 11, 2013, 20:27:06
- last active 3 days ago
I'm afraid this isn't quite as dramatic as Lips' story but my wife and kids would tell me for the longest time to get my own facebook. I thought it was a pain but decided to do it anyway a few weeks ago. Well, I started looking for friends I haven't seen since the early 80's (from high school) in a small
North Florida town. I saw someone who was a friend of a friend and then looked at who they were friends with and it was one of my best friends from high school that I also went to Community college with briefly and then he disappeared. Never knew what happened to him and here he is living in Alabama
and the first thing he says when I make contact is I was one of his best friends from high school and he was looking for me for years. Really weird. He then asks (when I told him I live in Tampa) if I ever fish off the Gandy bridge. So he was actually in this area (I'm not sure when or how long) and I never knew it.
Okay, I'm rambling, sorry guys. I just wish I had done the facebook thing sooner but better late than never I suppose.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played