Boston mom calls 911 over son's video game habit
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
Readers of this topic also read:
- Started by
- at December 22, 2009, 12:49:37
Police say a frustrated Boston woman called 911 to say she couldn't get her 14-year-old son to stop playing video games and go to sleep.
Police spokesman Officer Joe Zanoli said Monday the mother called for help around 2:30 a.m. Saturday to say that the teenager also walked around the house and turned on all the lights.
Two officers who responded to the house persuaded the child to obey his mother.
Zanoli says the mother's 911 call over video game obsession "was a little unusual, but by no means is it surprising _ especially in today's day and age when these kids play video games and computer games."
The Boston Herald first reported the 911 call, saying the boy was playing the popular "Grand Theft Auto" game.
Do you think this was misuse of the 911 system?
- Hi Ton,
Awesome question you pose!!! Yes, i would say that calling 911 is abused. But what is more is that an officer actually came to the house to rectify the situation!
This is clearly a situation of a parent who can't control her kid. But that's a whole nother issue. There really needs to be better screening on calls. When 911 was first implemented its purpose was for real emergency situations. It should stay the way it was intended.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
- Replied by
- at December 22, 2009, 13:29:57
- last active about 1 month ago
- Yes Kind of.. BUT, maybe to stop a child out of control, she did say he was walking through the house turning all all the lights, and would not listen sometimes embaressment and some "good" interference might wake this child up he could very well of gone crazy and went wild on his mother, and yes it happens over video games, i've seen it almost control the minds of children that age and influence them (speaking with neighborhood kids and watching them "copy" tactics and moves such as what they see on the games). There once was a report of teenages blowing up mailboxes, and batting down telephone booths, the idea came from the video game, i think it was "street rage" or street figher" i can't remember now.
She could of just called the non emergency number, but maybe she felt threatened, and now adays with how children have been, she didn't want to take chances.
Videos games are a very big influence to children and teenagers they really get into them, for days on end, not sleeping or even eating, disregarding schoolwork and being social.
reminds me of a walk story btw..call centre..hadda dial 9 to get out, then the long distance number..thus...9-1.....and well, we had phones that stuck...so lotta 911s went out..and even if we caught it and phoned it in, the cops hadda come regardless..soooo, anyway, the girls used to get stoked, cuz there were a couple'a hot dispatchers that would come, lol
- Replied by
- at December 22, 2009, 13:54:43
- UMMM ALL I GOT TO SAY IS...... BAD PARENTING SKILLS!!!!!! IF YOUR 14 YEAR OLD DOESN'T LISTEN TO YOU, YOU MESSED UP AS A PARENT ALONG TIME AGO!! OBVIOUSLY A FEW SPANKINGS WERE NECESSARY A LONG TIME AGO!!!!!
MY 18 YR OLD IS 6'4, 190lbs, has been boxing since elementary school and pays his own bills. He has never questioned my authority and probably never will, it's a matter of respect. Granted he has made some dumb choices and a few mistakes, but when it comes to "what MOM says" he listens.
Maybe I just have good sons!!! hehe
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...