It could be a cup of milk, sugar, or a dozen eggs.
It could also very easily be money, movies, music or even your car.
Tools are another big one people like to borrow and never return.
How about you? What is something you loaned out and never had returned?
How about when they borrow soemthing and return it broke, dirty, or empty (car) >:(
I at the moment am in the process of trying to get some movies back froma "friend" that borrowed them some time ago. I hope to get them back in the way I loaned them, which is clean and no scratches. Why oh why did I loan them out in the first place? lol
Is loaning things out a good or bad idea to you?
What are your thoughts?
Can I borrow this? Can I borrow that?
Readers of this topic also read:
- Looking for a casino rep and the correct thread to post your complaint or ask a question? No...READ
- Pam, i lived next door to "can i borrow this that hell" for 4 years, it seems she never had anything lol, she was a good person, i just think she was forgetful, anyways she borrowed everything, from my clothes to my vacuum(ick but she was VERY clean) toys.. even my electricity once..food, money..i didn't mind, i never turned her down, when in need i don't really turn anyone down.. i have a reason for that...
anyhow, we moved away time passed over 5 years, one day i get this call and it was her, i was so surprised.. her first words to me were.. it's me julie, i've been searching for you for yeaaaars, i just wanted to tell you(she starts crying) you were the best friend i ever had, i miss you so much, and to thank you for all the things you did for me and my family.. i'll never ever forget that she did that ... :'( :'( :'( it was worth a million in payback to me
Loaning things can be a bad idea, in fact it can almost be a nitemare in the end of all, i think it's been going on for a long time, alot of sitcoms, cartoons as well(just watched an old flintstone cartoon where barney is borrowing things) focus on "borrowing things and the return" fights and antics are used in the story lines, but usually ends well...
If it is important to you don't loan it, people are not always going to care for those things as you do, if it's something not minded then do..
- Awww, Imagin. What a wonderful story to my silly post.
Yes, I suppose you right, loaning things out to those less fortunate can be a very rewarding thing. Ecspecially food and grocery items to those who have none. I suppose my post left that out, and I am sorry I did. There is a good side to loaning things.
I saw a skit on "In Living Color" one time about a neighbor that was borrowing things and it was halarious.
" She needs a cup of sugar, she needs a cup of milk, she needs a couple eggs. " "What she NEEDS to do is get herself to the Piggly wiggly for her own damn groceries. " HAHAHAHAHAH
That show killed me.
- Love that reminder about Piggly Wiggly. Never heard about them tiill I was visiting relations in Ark.
I too had my "Borrowers" The worst? I had one guy who I worked with, he started small, $50..Paid back quickly. The $100 paid back...Then $200....Then 3 months later he tried to hit me up for $1,250 (He'd signed over his truck title)
"I really need it!"
"Yeah, I need that $200 though. What about that?"
"You'lkl get it, I promise!"
"When I do, then I'll loan you again"
"THANKS FOR NOTHING!"
Hmmm..People wonder now why I won't loan money, but I'll "Offer" $5-$10 freely..That's my limit now
What REALLY ticked me off about borrowers, was one guy borrowed my Mothers chain saw, loaned it out to his father and it got stoloen and so he thinks "It's not my fault, so I won't replace it"
He'd come by sometimes afterward and I ALWAYS commented in some way about "People who don't take responsibility" for "Borrowing things"...He quit pestering my Mother after awhile...Good Riddance!
- GEEZ, I wonder what my last neighbors must have thought of me now...I ALWAYS sent my kid next door to "borrow" cooking things....lol, I used to live out in the sticks...kinda and the closest grocery store was a good 10-15 min. drive and halfway through cooking I would realize I need milk, or sugar, or oil....always something little and stupid, but nesessary for what I was cooking and dinner woulda been completely ruined if I had to stop for 30 mins and go to the store!!! Of course no one returns 1/3 a cup of milk and 3 tablespoons of butter...lmao!
- I dont mind loaning things to folks I know and trust. If someone that wasnt close to me ask me for something, I just would have to say no.
Sometimes you really think you know someone, until you loan them something. Then suddenly when you want it back, it is like they forgot who you were and what your name was.
- I'm like you tye i can be a sucker and have a hard time saying NO! Last summer early in the day, a neighbor asked if he could borrow some charcoal for his grill.
I had just enough left to bbq later that day. When he asked me he had promised to go to the store as soon as he was done bbq'ing and replace it. They enjoyed their bbq and sat out in the backyard all afternoon have a nice little party.
As friends were about to arrive a few hours later, i knew that would never be replaced! I ran to the store and had to buy it. And i told the neighbor it was all i had left and was gonna bbq too!
- I have 4 kids and a nanny, so guess what? All the neighbors with kids think my house is the place they can send their kids to 1. play, 2. get free, temporary baby sitting while they run an errand, 3. get their kid out of their hair for a while. Once a woman asked if my nanny could watch their sick kid (throwing up) so they could go to work.
I say NO to all of these.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played