Hiya Guys and Dolls,
In my home state a new law is about to be passed Conceal and Carry. Which means the general public will be allowed to carry a gun for protection. Is this the answer to a rash of shootings that have taken place?
Is handling the situation leaning towards carrying a gun for protection instead of having stricter gun laws? I think this new law is insane. Now all it takes is for someone to get hot under the collar and with a gun in their possession they can shoot someone where they stand.
I think all it does is promote more shootings. So if someone rubs them the wrong way they could easily pull out their gun and blow them away. It opens the door to more people that would never dream of shooting someone to do it!
Do you think this is the right way to go and is the answer to number of people dead at the hands of a gun owner?
Carrying a Gun is About to Be Legal - What???
Readers of this topic also read:
- I am with you lips. Wisc. just passed the law last year. Now everywhere you go there is a sign on the door that shows NO GUNS allowed inside.
It doesn't make sense to me, but from what I understand Wisc was one of the last states to pass it. I think Illinois is the last. All the other states already have it.
- Oh man, don't even get me started. This is just taking it way too far. This is such an exploitation of the 2nd amendment . In Florida we have a concealed weapons law and that "stand your ground law" which is like self-defense on steroids IMO. You guys are familiar with the high profile case going on in Orlando? Case in point. Anyhow it seems there are some interesting statistics about the use of that law. I read where dozens of people have been shot and the person with the (concealed weapon) had started the altercation, shot, possibly killed the other person and then tried to claim self-defense bullsh**. I won't apologize for my liberal views, I just think that with over 270 million legal guns in this country already, we don't need people carrying them around, some of whom are just spoiling for a fight.
I agree with all mentioned here.
- Replied by
- at June 06, 2013, 23:24:36
- last active 4 hrs ago
Im also very curious how they think it will help people defend themselves? How does the situation in which you can shoot in self defense look like? I doubt you could shoot someone if you see him only drawing a weapon, right? If you cannot shoot someone before he points a gun at you, than common sense says you're probably already dead, and also if someone has a gun in his hand than he didnt do anything wrong until he starts using it...
Aside the fact that more guns on the streets can never be a good thing, I dont think they can ever regulate carrying a gun so that it really benefit the common people in any way.
- It is a strong statement to make to never want to visit America and it is that type of media hype that causes pandemonium. It puts in peoples minds that every corner there is a gun wielding maniac ready to blow your head off if you look at them wrong. It is not the case. There has been reports in the news that are cataclysmic but we haven't reverted to the old west yet that I am aware of.
Every state has the carry and conceal law and have not heard of any repercussions of common folk killing each other as a result. I don't however own a gun though the law tells me I can carry one. The laws are set up where you will end up in prison if you protect yourself therefore its a no win situation. But if someone broke in my home in the middle of the night I most likely wish I had a gun to protect my family.
However I do believe that any person with a history of mental illness or repeated criminal charges should not be permitted to carry a gun.
- As already explained most states already have conceal & carry laws. I own a gun and my family has always had guns as collectors, hunting etc. The conceal & carry law is a relief in that it allows us to legally carry a gun for protection. I don't personally walk around packing all the time but theres security in knowing that Im not committing a crime to protect myself. I for one consider myself to be civilized and if this prevents anyone from booking a ticket to the good ole USA then its your loss! Chances are you were among a gun toting crowd on your last visit and you made it out alive. Go figure.
I think it is the worst thing they could possibly do. Being in law enforcement it is only going to make my job much more difficult. If I now pull someone over and they are carrying a gun instead of it being an automatic threat I have to keep in mind that the public in fact to allowed to carry. It it will only bring on a lot more problems and chaos.
- Replied by
- at June 08, 2013, 05:13:22
- last active 6 months ago
- I've had my CCW for years, totally normal out where I live to see 9 m's on the hip and gun racks on the trucks.... I don't even bat an eye when I'm at the gas station or grocery store and I see someone carrying one.
Just my personal opinion, but I feel much more safe knowing that there are responsible gun owners in my area and if I was ever put in a situation like Gabby Gifford's or the movie theatre shooting, I can about guarantee less people would have been harmed and killed.
- I know you can find just about anything on the internet, but crime rates have considerably dropped where people are required by law to own a firearm:
- iMO gun control is a must. And issuing should become more strict. But guns are only a part of the problem.
Main streem Medias play the crucial role and the tremendous violence shown is not helping the cause. You guys in USA are being bombarded with news about crime , shootings which always gets the biggest coverage. Its what "sells" and tends to get blown out of proportion just to be more interesting to the viewers, but also to create fear.
And just an interesting fact to share, Canada actually has more guns per person than US but their crime rate is significantly lower... Just turn on the news in Canada and ull notice the difference...makes you really wonder.
I also recommend you to watch Micheal Moor's film : "Bowling for Columbine" for which he got the Oscar.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played