Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 3 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SlotoCash and Uptown Aces Exclusive Holiday Freeroll Tournament this December only for...READ
- I was just sitting here thinking. I remember one of the funniest things that happened to me when I was a kid.
I remember being at the swimming pool with my neighbor/babysitter. He was a BIG guy, around 250 lbs. He was mean as a snake. I couldn't stand him.
Well one day we were all out swimming, me, my sister, and some neighborhood kids. I remember the babysitter guy was standing by the pool, I mean right on the friggin edge, eating a bologna sandwich. I remember walking up to him and pushing him into the pool. OH MAN. It was HILARIOUS. I can see the bread floating on top of the water. Everyone is dying laughing. Well everyone but him. His face was red. Uhoh I was in trouble.
Later that night, I go home and he told on me. My mother was pissed. LMAO. I somehow managed to blame it all on my sister Amy. HAHAHA....and the best part of it all, she admitted that she is the one who did it!!!!
I will never forget that day.
I also have this memory of using the payphone to call my dad. I remember it was only 10 cents to make a call. I stole a whole bunch of dimes from my mothers purse, ran downstairs and just called random phone numbers looking for my daddy. I was like 6 at the time.
I just wanted to share some of what I was thinking about right now.
What are some of your favorite childhood memories?
One of my favs is my Dad taking me and my sisters to the "mobile library bookmobile",before they built a huge regional library in my neighborhood,(which I found out my Dad was very instrumental and pushed in having it built) he would take us to it and I remember at the ago of 8 coming home with a stack of joke books,riddle books,puns and knock knock joke books,my poor parents had to deal with an 8 year old cornball comedienne with braids all summer long,telling knock knock and hammy jokes and riddles, my sisters knew to run and hide after a while.
- Replied by
- at June 13, 2010, 17:10:25
- last active 4 months ago
- Going to the donut shop with my grandma on a morning where I got to stay with her. Sometimes we would go to the bar for a pop. Playing in the dirt, playing hide n seek at night. Searching under the dining room table for loose change when everyone was over playing poker. Spending my summers at the library. It was cool inside and I would sit and read for hours. Not really a fond memory, but I can remember being sent to the store to buy cigarettes for my mom, and they would let you do it.
- Playing hide and seek, tag, catching fireflies,having a quarter for an ice cream when the ice cream truck came,going to the park, playing red rover,going to a carnival in the summertime,running ALL the time and not getting out of breath, singing songs in front of a fan, not knowing you were broke, eating fried bologna sandwiches,eating orange sherbert "push-ups",loose cookies, wax lips,dying easter eggs,getting to stay up late, licking the spoon from cake batter,reading Archie comic books.....ahhhhhh
- I remember inlike the third or fourth grade there was a half day at school. I went to a friends house without telling anyone and was there for several hours. It was about 4 blocks to walk home with a large housing area that we call the village because it is kindof like one(not realy but to us it was), it was lined with houses with fields in the center.
When I was walking home I noticed a police car, thought the cop was staring at me. So what did I do? I ran into the village(the only time in my life I ran from the cops) When I got to the edge of the village by my house there was a cop in front of my house!! I thought I was in big trouble..lol
Turns out my parents were worried after school had been out for a couple of hours and they were driving the neighborhood looking for me..
- Our front yard was the neighborhood hangout for the summer.. we had a big plastic pool and the slickest driveway.. we'd let the water run down the driveway and it could be used just like a slipnslide, we had a waterwiggle.. we always sold lemonade.. and my parents had BBQ's and got drunk every weekend (not bad drunks they were funny drunks) Once i walked to the back where they were and my mother had fallen through one of those old type aluminum lawn chairs, she was all tangled up in it.. my father tried to help her out of it without getting out of his own chair and got tangled up in his.. they were both caught, tangled, in histerics at each other.. and folded up in these chairs.. barely able to say "Help!" .. i just threw my hands up and walked away laughing... hehehehe my mother comes out huffin and says "why didn't you help us?" i said.. and get me tangled in those aluminum monsters.. no waaay!
- Thats a hilarious story Imagin.ation, seriously you should write short stories, and Wmmeden I'm glad you brought it up....what the heck is it about big cardboard boxes that get kids all worked up?!! Some of the best fun we had was with the box that a new toy or appliance came in.....huh?!
Me and my sisters/cousins would get inside the box and then slide down the stairs risking life and limb, but having a time!
- Water balloon fights, I would dream about going to Pistol Petes (local pizza joint with an arcade) Playing house, getting my ears pierced, eating candy until I puked on Halloween. Counting down the days until Christmas. Not being able to sleep the night before my birthday. SOOOO excited if I got ANYTHING New Kids on The Block. LMAO Playing with my babydolls, I had them all!! Going to have sleepovers at my cousins house. Going to Seaworld, and the Zoo. OH THAT WAS MY FAV.
I miss being a kid!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played