Couple Goes to Vegas and Leaves Kids Home Alone
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
AN Illinois couple has been charged with two counts of misdemeanor child endangerment after allegedly leaving their children home alone while they spent a weekend in Las Vegas.
- Started by
- at March 22, 2012, 22:34:23
- last active 2 hrs ago
Antowain Johnson, 36, and Shanpreta Howard, 34, are accused of leaving their 12-year-old son and nine-year-old daughter alone and unsupervised in the family's uptown Chicago home from February 22 to February 24, ABC News reported today.
The couple did not make a secret of their plans to hit Sin City, located some 3200km from their hometown.
"I am really excited about this trip......ready to go n enjoy myself," Ms Howard posted on her Facebook account, according to ABC News.
"Hangover Part 3", Johnson replied to the post.
After his parents left, the 12-year-old child told a teacher that he and his sister were home alone, prompting the teacher to notify police, ABC News reported. Authorities then located the children's aunt, who cared for the kids until their parents came home.
After returning from the vacation, Ms Howard wrote on her Facebook wall, "LOVE OUR KIDS WITH ALL OUR HEART N WILL TRAVEL TO THE END OF THE WORLD FOR THEM #PROUD PARENTS".
Do you think 12 years old is too young to be left alone? According to their neighbor they saw nothing wrong with it and thought that 12 was a good age to be left alone.
- I know that some children can be more mature and responsible if they were brought up that way, households these days have both working parents and sometimes their children are home a couple hours alone after school, before parents got there.. BUT thats just a couple hours, my own daughter was mature and responsible to some extent,she could babysit and do fine.. but not for days, even IF she could i could not even put that responsiblity on my child.. children this age can't make the right responsible decisions for this amount of time.. my most major concern for it would be that some stranger could find out the children are alone or house fire, just say for instance.. there was a fire one child got out and the other didn't.. what guilt that child would face the rest of his/her life along with the parents who were out "enjoying" themselves.. which could of been prevented if the parents took some of that "vegas" money and paid a relative or a qualified babysitter.. my opinion..i could not even begin to enjoy myself if my child was left home alone... very very dumb parents, i feel badly for those children...
- I remember I was alone for a few hours after school and I also had to take care of my younger sister at times but never for more than a couple of hours. I remember that if my folks had to do overtime at work my grandma or my aunt were coming to take care of us until their return.
So these parents are totally irresponsible in my view.
- i think i was alone maybe once or twice when parents wasnt at home, but SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Going to las vegas to get a gambling fix and completely not sorting some sort of childcare out is TOTALLY irresponsible WOWzers lmao crazy people in this world,
it is very good that the 12 year old told the teacher.
bad bad bad parenting
- I spent a couple of hours on occasion without a parent but not a week. That's pathetic. Let's jet off to Vegas and leave our kids to fend for themselves. Those two aren't the sharpest tools in the shed. How selfish and neglectful. They absolutely deserve whatever they get. Thank God the little boy told his teacher.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Replied by
- at March 23, 2012, 18:25:09
- last active about 1 month ago
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played