Do our pets make it to heaven?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- We get VERY attached to our pets. Wouldn't it be nice if there were with us in heaven? Many people speculate that since our loving animals are a good thing that God would include them in heaven. The Bible does not directly address the issue of dogs and cats in heaven, so we are left to wonder if they will indeed join us.
Do pets have souls?
To me personally I can't imagine heaven without my beloved animals being with me. :'(
I am interested in peoples opinions on this....
- I feel for your loss mamrone. Losing a cat to old age is still hard, but to have it leave us in that fashion hurts more as it's that "Blink" and they're gone with no chance to ease their leaving or to make their last moments easy.
PMM, while the bible doesn't express it, I believe we'll not see them again. We were made for worship to our God and anything which would detract from that wouldn't be acceptable in our Gods eyes.
However, I'd like to see them once more, but I'll leave that choice to the Almighty.
- No Mamrone, it is NOT your fault!!
This is the "Risk" we pet owners/lovers take when we accept the responsibility of pet ownership.
We can control to a point, some actions of our animals. But we cannot be there 24/7 hovering over them. I too worried when my dogs would get loose and worked hard to prevent this from occuring. But they still did it and I was always glad to see them return (After a butt smack and harsh words) but cats are a truly different breed.
Don't blame yourself, you treated it with love and gave what you could for its benefit. That this occured is not to be blamed on anyone. It is part of life and it's a hard moment in our lives.
Remember the good times you had with the cat. For such it is to our benefit and carry that love to another animal. There's so many who would desire it.
- This is where I will cause REAL controversy: I would consider myself a practicing Christian. (Jesus is my Lord and Savior, blah, blah). I am involved in a church....and have a HUGE crush on my pastor, Rev. Denise! I don't believe in Heaven at all as a place we, or pets, go when we die. The references to an afterlife in Scripture are rather vague and subject to multiple interpretations. (For example, in Matthew "heaven" is simply a different reference to God's Kingdom on earth.) Thus, I believe the purpose of life is to use it as a gift from God, but then, life is over.
- Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt i think our pets go to heaven. It has been said by certain religious sectors that animals don't got to heaven because they don't have a soul.
Don't have a soul?????? There is nothing more loving and loyal then my Hazel and Bugs. Pure unconditional love.......i can go out and grab my mail....come back in 30 seconds later and one would think i was gone 30 days...not 30 seconds!!! The tails are wagging, lapping me with kisses. No man has ever been that excited to see me after 30 seconds.........lmaoooo!!
Yes Yes Yes!!!!!! There is a heaven for them, and its the same heaven im gonna go to! I think......i better straighten up now or i will never make it......wink!
- Mam......i am so sorry.....you can bet your cat is in heaven.mamrone wrote:
i find it very interesting that you posted this today! i just lost my cat yesterday he has been with me for awhile and was hit be a car yesterday it was a very sad day to say the least i do feel they go to heaven why not?
- Mam, I so sorry about your lost!!!! :'(
For me it's like to lose a member of the family!! I think pets are just the most faithful and loving creatures in the world!!!!
As for the soul...The question's easy! I'm sure they have it!!! What is it soul?? Just inside world, spirit that gives us feelings, emotions and so on...And our pets can feel sad, happy, angry... - just all human do! So personally I have no doubts that pets' souls go to heaven like all other souls...
- We have a pet cemetary in our back yard. Even if we find a dead bird, the kids and I give it a proper burial. We thank God for giving us animals. They teach us much and provide companionship. Even though I don't believe they, or people, go to some place called "heaven" I do see the sacredness in them and believe they connect us to God in some way.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played