Dramatic pictures have been released of US President Barack Obama watching live footage of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.
Omg look at Hilary face in complete horror....
This is them on the White House lawn afterwards.........
Dramatic Photos of the President Watching it Live as It Went Down.........
Readers of this topic also read:
It is in pure fun and the 2nd pic is in celebration of snuffing Bin Laden nothing more. Please don't read anything more into to then it is. It's light humor in celebrating this victorious event in history.
- Replied by
- at May 03, 2011, 04:53:20
If anyone is offended it's not my intention what so ever. No one has a greater empathy then i do for the families who lost loved ones.
Thank you for seeing it for what it was gabby. The US were celebrating in the streets. It has been a long time coming and long over due. It is definitely a victory and those who did lose loved ones find a sense of relief.
- Replied by
- at May 03, 2011, 05:04:05
On another note i can't imagine watching that live as it went down. That had to be the most intense moments of a live feed that anyone could of ever watched.
Did they have a live feed so they could see the shoot out AS it was happening? I had no idea about that.
I don't know how many, if any, were killed along with Osama. I'm just very thankful no US military were harmed.
It's too bad the person who actually killed him can't come forward to say... It was me... It was me.... since he's in the Special Ops and can't reveal his identity.
- I'm not sure what to think. How can anybody celebrate the death of someone, enemy or not. I'm so torn by all of this. I'm watching the news, people celebrating and all those comments. I do not belong to any religion, but my heart tells me that something is wrong. I thought we are better than the fanatics but we are acting the same.
Sorry Lips, I know from your posts that you have no bad bone in your body and hopefully you will not take this the wrong way.
- chillymellow wrote:
does he get the reward money?
I heard some chatter about the reward money. Who would get it? The person who figured out the call came from the compound? The person who made the call? The President since he's Commander and Chief of the Military? Head of military? Person who drew up the mission? Person who killed him?
Don't they usually say 'Person who leads to the arrest and conviciton'. If so, It would be the 'friend' who accidently lead the US to him.
- The GITMO detainees who gave us the information are probably the most likely as they provided the key information that led to his demise. The reward money is for "information leading directly to the apprehension or conviction". I'd say he was apprehended. The 25 million is the max, and there is another 2 million from the airlines.
- Yes, gabby the first photo is a real reaction of watching the live feed as it was happening! I can't even imagine the high stress in that room.
Laguna - I understand what you are saying and how could anyone celebrate the murder of another human being. I totally get you, trust me i do. But i don't think this is about the murder of a human being no matter how evil he is or how much blood is on his hands.
I think the celebration is a symbolic one. It's to pay homage to those that lost their lives and in the end after a long hard battle there was justice. It has spread to worldwide level that maybe just maybe we have snuffed out the biggest perpetrator and terrorism will subside.
It is the symbolism of peace for our future and justice not only in the US but all those who were victims from around the world.
- Well damn. I was writing what was, for once, a great post. Or so I thought. Had to stop and help my daughter with, of all things, a college politcal exam.
Anyway. I'll try again since my post disappeared.
I hear what you're saying Laguna. I don't think we are reacting at all like the other countries who have celebrated our heartaches. We, the US, have never killed a massive group of people or person, just for the hell of it. We took down the person who set out to destroy this country and many are feeling justice. We are releasing a bit of heartache, grief, fear, and panic he put in our hearts and minds. He planned killing because he hates us and that hate is deep rooted and won't go away. Instructions were to 'take him down' since arresting him would have put our soldiers in much more danger.
I have questions too. Hypothetically, if someone murdered my entire family, neighbors and friends, I would go to jail if I found him and killed him. We don't have the right to seeking the ultimate justice even though who we are hunting may be a threat to many, just on a smaller scale.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played