Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 17 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Yes,it looks like everything in the Pacific is in the wake of the tsunami..Hawaii included..sirens going off right now there.blueday wrote:
OMG- Just looking at the news now. USA is on alert for the tsunami.
Biggest every recorded earthquake. This is dreadful.
- Japan also has a problem with the Nuclear Power station. They've managed to shut it down as a safety measure but they are having problems keeping it cool - they can't pump the water in to act as a coolant because of electricity problems.
It looks as though the tsunami will hit the east coast of America in 9-12 hours from when the earthquake happened.
- I sure don't believe a Deity causes, or even triggers, this sort of disaster. Though, I think horrible events like this are a call to repent; meaning, turn to God. We are remined on the fragilness of life and our own mortality. Our only true recourse? Turn to God.
(Folks, note how I get religiously expressive the week AFTER a trip to AC
- When I lived in Hawaii, there was a prediction of the hugest tidal wave to hit. So many people headed to the mountains, my family stayed home. Thankfully... nothing happened.
Friends of ours are due to leave for Hawaii in 2 days for Spring Break vacation. Don't know if I would make that trip.
I haven't seen much of the news but if it's anything like the last tsunami, God help them all.
- Well, so far the waves hitting the OR and WA coasts have been minor (2-5 ft) but obviously Japan has suffered greatly. But knowing the resilence of them, they'll be cleaning up the mess soon.
Notice many buildings cracked, but no big ones fell. Shows they know a thing or three about building to withstand earthquakes.
- liquorman wrote:
More than 10,000 people have died so far. Devastation is everywhere and citizens of Japan are still looking for family. No power or food or heat to keep them warm. Tragic event.
It is indeed a very tragic event and will take months if not years to put things back to how they should be. Plus the nuclear reactors fears after two explosions at the Fukushima number 1 plant.
- Rosebud wrote:
I've been thru some stuff in my life but I can't even imagine what it has to be like for those poor people.Where and how do you even begin to rebuild?
I'm watching the news as I write this and they highlighted a woman's plight to find her 99 year old mother. The "road" that she lived in is just a mass of broken bits of d and the woman is struggling to see exactly where her mother's house used to be. That's just one case and no doubt there are many thousands like it.
The economy in Japan is falling through the floor and the banks have injected 15 trillion yen to try and keep it stable but the market dropped 6% Friday and it can only get worse.
The nuclear rods are now exposed at one of the nuclear plants - people are losing their lives at these power plants from the explosions. 160 people have been quarantined because they have been directly exposed to radiation.
This isn't over yet and Japan has a long long road ahead. It is just so sad.
- I have some family members in Japan and they live in a different area but how can I say thank God they are okay cause of so many hundreds are out of foods and water beside of damages.
It is a one of the worse tragical disasters in history and hopeless moments in many lives right now.
Only wish things will get better somehow and proves that there is a miracle!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played