earthquake in the middle of america
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 1 day ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SpinsVilla Casino are offering 50% cashback on all your deposits between 6th December and 31st...READ
- Earthquakes ought to seem pretty tame after what I have seen tornados do in Oklahoma... I'm in California so they are common to me and seldom get more than a passing thought... except of course the big ones that cause great destruction... fortunately they are few compared to the many we feel out here.
- I just remember driving my big truck through Oklahoma every year and seeing the paths of destruction those tornadoes left in their wake... As I drove I watched for overpassings and considered whether I could hang on through a tornado under one of them... or low spots in the landscape... and I'd think about unhooking the trailer before heading for cover so only the trailer would blow over and not my truck...
I just figured California got earthquakes and Oklahoma got tornadoes because California got First Pick...
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
- Replied by
- at November 07, 2011, 07:21:53
- last active about 1 month ago
- I live in Central Kansas and we could feel the "tremors" or aftershocks here, from Oklahoma... it was crazy!! Especially as unexpected as it was. It was SOOOO freaking windy tho (at least 50mph gusts) i couldn't tell if the truck was rocking from the wind or the quake at one point.. lol. Nice Thread!!
- The weather is wild that's for sure. Glad everything was ok for you wmmeden in your area.
I was in Oklahoma once on a road trip during a very bad thunderstorm and saw a car hydroplane right in front of me and that was very scary! His car lifted off the highway came down and slid across two lane of traffic and did a 360 turn. Luckily no other cars were near him when it happened and i was just far enough back not to get caught in the crossfire.
- One of the reasons i left California was because of those scarey, nerve rattling earthquakes, the rumbling sound, uncontrollable ground movement, the shaking of all the ingredients in your house, the swinging of lamp posts, telephone lines, watching the neighbors house roll as if it were on a hilly rollercoaster, the watch from ceiling to floor praying they both hold up.. the feeling of.. "omg this is the big one".. broke me down, experiencing many of them in the years there, i've come to Nevada and have felt none.. but every time a heavy truck rolls by and rumbles the ground i still jump!
- Replied by
- at November 08, 2011, 01:02:28
- last active 2 hrs ago
- wmmeden wrote:
Tornados today. Earthquake a few days ago. I am waiting on a hurricane to hit us now.
Oh man wmmeden you have been getting it from all quarters! That hurricane may just be on its way with how things are going... I think you don't have to worry about a Tsunami where you are even if a hurricane comes your way... Of course isn't it about this time of year that you get a turtle migration?
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...