Eating healthy costs$$ :'(
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 3 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
Yesterday, I went to Win-co and bought
1 bag small carrots.
Head of lettuce
Jalapeno peppers (I like to heat up my food)
califlower (1 head)
1 bottle of fat free ranch
So, I get to the checkout and it's over $31 bucks.
Now for that, I could have bought
3 bags of chips (On sale $1.66 ea)
3 hobos at $4 each (The cheap type)
Soda (1 12 pak)
jar of mayo
And it would have been cheaper then the stuff above.
Puzzled why if it's supposed to be good for you, it costs
more to eat that then the processede food. Oh well, just
had a salad and now am considering seeing a shrink for
this abberant behavior
Diets suck, but guess I'd better lose some weight starting this weekend. >:(
- 1 good for you salad 1 days worth for the same price as having, 3 juicy sammaches, a whole bag of chips, and drinks, even enough left over for dessert!!!
The one good for you salad doesn't even include a drink i'll be thirsty and i'd be hungry again a half hour later.. BAAAHHHH
Though i don't have a weight problem, i do need to start eating healthier.. but gosh i feel as though eating this healthy stuff gonna make us sick from starvation
genenco.. fat free ranch taste awful
- You are so correct. I have volunteered for a food "pantry" on a weekly basis for a number of years. I noticed long ago how FAT poor people were...which puzzled me. But, a M.D. who volunteers with me stated that the cheap food is VERY high in fat and calories. The good food (low in fat and calories) is very expensive.
- I am what you would call "pleasantly plump"-LOL. It is a fact that good food costs more. I have been making salads using spinach leaves before dinner to curb my appetite. I get a package of them for two bucks at Wal Mart and it lasts a good week. Carbos are cheaper but tend to put on the weight-believe me I know! I am trying to eat more fresh veggies-carrots are 89 cents at Wal Mart. I also am going to rejoin the gym! I lost 25 pounds going there but it got to expensive. I started walking and of course I saw a bob cat so now I am frightened to walk outside now... I need to stop with the excuses! Where is Richard Simmons when I need him?-LOL.
- Replied by
- at February 08, 2010, 08:29:18
- last active 5 months ago
- I love Trader Joe's too!! Even there frozen meals to pop right in the oven are very good!tyesmommy wrote:
Trader Joes is the way to go: cheap, healthy, good.
Discovered this place in college and haven't stopped shopping there since.
Not sure if anyone has Whole Foods or if thats just based in Chicago. They have the absolute best organic produce and products anywhere. There is just one major prob....they are outrageous in price! I go there only for a special treat once in a blue moon. It does seem the healthier it is the more expensive to buy.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played