Favorite Recipe Exchange
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 1 day ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Post your fav recipe, whether it's your own creation or something you love from a cookbook or magazine.
World's Best Lasagna
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup minced onion
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
2 (6.5 ounce) cans canned tomato sauce
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 tablespoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
12 lasagna noodles
16 ounces ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Cook ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until well browned. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, and water. Season with sugar, basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley. Simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes. Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water. In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg, remaining parsley, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
4. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 6 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers, and top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil, and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Note: what I do with the noodles is I place them uncooked in 9x13 pan and pour boiling water over them and just let them sit for 20 min. and then drain and use. They aren't completely cooked and will finish cooking in the oven so they don't get so smushy. I also just usually use 3 noodles going the long way instead of 6 going across
- My Most Favorite Cherry Cobbler-YUMMY!!
1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
1.Preheat oven to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C). Place butter or margarine in a 9x13 inch baking dish and set on oven rack to melt.
2.In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and baking powder. Stir in milk.
3.Remove baking dish from oven as soon as butter or margarine is melted. Pour flour mixture into dish, but DO NOT STIR. Pour fruit evenly into pan, and DO NOT STIR.
4.Raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake cobbler for 50 to 60 minutes, until golden brown.
- Ok keep an open mind, this is weird but it is actually good.My cousin is an excellent, I mean supremo baker,recently she served these at a gathering and they were a hit.
Black bean brownies
1 box of brownie mix
1 can of black beans
Puree the black beans thouroughly in a food processor (add about a half cup of water to bean mixture after processing)
Dump beans into large mixing bowl
dump brownie mix into bowl with black beans/water
Mix well by hand or mixer
Spread into a greased pan
Bake as usual per instructions on brownie mix box
Cool,cut into squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar
They are good, they are healthier,you do not add eggs,oil or anything that the box says, BUT you can tweak them as you like,I would recommend adding nuts in the batter and on top too, (I like nuts)
This is a healthier alternative and offers a lot of fiber and will probably make you a little farty...tehehe
- Ally oops Cranberry cosmopolitan oven baked baby back ribs
I love cosmopolitans and I love cooking, its summertime so its barbque time too.
Heres my own recipe for sauce and ribs, you can use this sauce on other cuts of meat and chicken too.
1 can of jellied Cranberry sauce
1 cup of orange juice
1 cup of ketchup
3 shots of Vodka
A dash of cayenne
A big dash of ginger
Add all ingredients to a pot or double boiler if desired,roughly chop up the cranberry sauce and turn flame on to simmer, the cranberry sauce will melt, stir often and make sure it does not scorch (cover with a lid because it will bubble and dirty up your stove top) Simmer for about 20 minutes or until its all mixed and smooth. Set aside to cool.
You can refrigerate and use later if you wish.
Wash off 2 slabs of Baby back ribs, or whatever kind you like
Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder,onion powder,paprika (this is my "house" seasoning of choice, but use whatever your comfortable with)
Place in a roasting pan large enough to stretch them out and not crowd them, cover with lid or with heavy duty foil, making sure the pan is sealed.
Bake at 350 for about 2 hours,(maybe less depending on how fast your oven cooks)
When they are fork tender and starting to pull away slightly from bone, they are done.
Drench on front and back with Cosmopolitan Barbque sauce and bake uncovered for another 12 to 15 minutes. I usually serve these with a baked potato, corn on the cob and a salad.
Note; The alcohol will cook out when you simmer the sauce.
- Easy Chicken Enchiladas.. This is my own recipe...
One Whole Chicken
One Large can of Enchilada Sauce (red) you can use green as well, if you like alot of sauce get 2 cans
Grated Cheese a little or alot (whatever you like) I like using jack and cheddar
Can of Black Olives (sliced)
One Onion (only if you like onion in them)
Corn Tortillas (i usually get the 3 dozen package)
Boil Chicken til done, shred chicken from bone
Heat up enchilada sauce pour over shredded chicken
Heat up tortillas on flame of stove, or in a pan (to make the tortillas a little softer you can fry them quickly in hot oil) i do this for mine
Roll up a big pinch of chicken, a little cheese, a few olives and (onion if you want) in tortilla place in a large square baking pan (each roll of chicken mixture in tortilla placed side by side ends facing down)
When pan is full, pour more sauce over chicken layer, sprinkle more cheese and sliced olives
Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until pipen hot!
Garnish with sour cream and gaucamole, and Whellah.. you got Chicken Enchiladas
Easy Spanish Rice...
In a fry pan, place a little oil and chopped or sliced onion, add some rice (about a cup).. a pinch of salt and pepper, i always make alot of this because everyone loves it so for me i use 2 cups, fry rice and onion together until rice is a golden brown, i like to fry my rice a little darker then golden, for some reason it gives a better flavor, add a can of tomato sauce and 2 cans of water (this is for 1 cup rice double up if using 2 cups) you can add at this time if you want some chopped tomatoes, green pepper bring to a boil, reduce heat cover and simmer til liquid is absorbed stirring occasionally. Whellah Spanish Rice!
A few avacados, salt and some green chili taco sauce, and a lemon
Peel avacados and mush it up in a bowl, add the salt, green chili sauce, stir together top it with a little squeezed lemon juice.. Whellah Gaucamole!
- Awesome yummy recipes ally and imagin!
Here is one of my favorites:
1 lb of ground beef
Taco Seasoning mix
1 can of black olives
Kraft Catalina dressing
Brown ground beef and add a little less than half a packet of taco seasoning mix, like McCormicks or Lawreys. Drain ground beef well on paper towel and allow to cool. In a large bowl add ground beef, black olives, lettuce and cheddar cheese.
Right before serving add Catalina dressing. Enough to coat. Crush Doritos and add.
You can be imaginative and add anything you like to your taco salad. Originally the recipe did not call for the taco seasoning......but i thought it could use a little zip!!
This recipe also said to add ingredients all at once. Unless you don't anticipate leftovers, i crush Doritos in a small bowl on the side and let everyone add it to their liking. This keeps them crisp without sitting too long in bowl!
- Amish White Bread-This makes one loaf.
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 Degrees C)
1/3 cup white sugar
2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
Directions for Bread machine:
Place water, sugar and yeast in bread machine, let sit for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and select dough cycle. When cycle is done, place in an oiled bread pan, let rise until 1 inch above pan and bake as directed below or just pick white bread cycle of bread machine and bake that way.
Directions for hand mixing:
1. In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water, and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof for 10 min
2. Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time. Knead dough on a lightly floured surface until smooth. Place in a well oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
3. Punch dough down. Knead for a few minutes. Shape into a loaf, and place into a oiled 9x5 inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
The original recipe I had made two loaves, I halfed it because I just make one. Double everything if you want 2 loaves
- Sr. Member
- Replied by
- at June 05, 2010, 06:53:22
- last active 4 months ago
- Replied by
- at June 05, 2010, 11:14:56
- last active about 1 month ago
Bulgogi is a Korean barbequed marinated beef dish that is served with steamed rice. Pork can also be used. It is seasoned with a mixture of soy sauce and sugar giving it a sweet and mild taste.
SERVES 4 -6 (change servings and units)
Change to: Servings US Metric Close
* 1/2 cup olive oil or sesame oil
* 2 cups soy sauce
* 1 cup brown sugar
* 2 1/2 cups toasted sesame seeds
* 2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or rice wine is best)
* 2 lbs beef or pork, cut into strips (think beef jerky)
* minced garlic
* minced scallion (to make a spicy version add crushed red pepper flakes to taste)
Marinate the thin sliced beef with rice wine and sugar for about 30 minutes. During this time mix together in another bowl soy sauce, minced garlic, scallions, crushed sesame seed & salt mixture, ground pepper and sesame oil.
Pour the soy sauce mixture over the marinated beef. Making sure that the mixture is evenly mixed over the beef. Heat your frying pan/wok over high heat and then place your marinated meat to cook. When the meat is almost fully cooked add the sliced onions and cook until meat is fully cooked.
Serve with steamed white rice and lettuce leafs. Take one lettuce leaf and scoop rice in it, place a piece of bulgogi meat on top wrap and then eat.
- Bacon wrapped tofu
Bacon. Tofu. Two proteins...wow!
The salty bacon-ness of the bacon infuses the bland tofu, and the two marry together to become a tasty morsel that’s good hot or cold. It’s salty-crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. Tofu is one of the food that I can never live without it!!!
* 1 block firm tofu
* Several strips of bacon, depending on the size. A leaner type bacon is preferred. You can even use proscuitto(ham).
* Optional: brown sugar, soy sauce
Drain the tofu, and wrap in several layers of paper towels. Place on a plate and put a board or another plate on top. Leave for a few minutes to drain some water out of the tofu. Unwrap and cut into bite sized pieces that are about the width of your bacon.
Wrap each piece in bacon, going around at least once so the ends overlap. You may need to cut the bacon.
Heat up a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Put the bacon wrapped tofu pieces with the overlapping edges side down. Cook until crisp, then turn. Keep cooking and turning until done on all sides.
A sweet-salty variation is to add a little bit of soy sauce to the pan, and a sprinkle (maybe about 2 tsp.) of brown sugar; stir rapidly to melt the sugar, then turn the bacon-tofu in the sauce until the moisture has largely evaporated.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...