Gee, it seemed like a good idea at first.....
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 2 months ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hi gang:
I know we have all had this happen.
You have an idea, you throw it around, and it seems like a great idea.
Suddenly, it is usually just a few hours, but can be longer, in this type of situation, you realize it wasn't such a good idea after all. lol
I have several examples that I have done myself, and they make me laugh even though they were a terrible idea.
1. Fixing the exhaust on my own car. (trying to save money)
2. Chopping down a tree in my yard.
3. Drinking all night when you have to get up in the AM for work.
4. Loaning your car out.
5. Taking your ATM Card to the casino.
6. Getting a cash advance.
7. Writing a check before you make your deposit.
8. Shoveling my own driveway.
9. Drinking coffee before bed.
10. Getting my long hair cut off. (never again)
Anyone else have any examples of an idea that should of never been?
Where you look at yourself in the mirror and say..."WHAT was I thinking?"
- genenco wrote:
"I'm sure this street will get me out of this traffic jam" 3 hours later I make it home with 1/8 of a tank of gas left...I had 3/4 when I started.
HAHAHAHAHAH, YES Gene, the ever popular "short cut." HAHAHHAHA
My brother told me on our way to Flint one time he knew a shortcut. It turned out to be the longest damn trip to Flint I had ever made. We were late for a family party. To this day I still tease him about it.
- LOL!!! This is great reading.. one was for me.. i bought tons and tons of cases of soda because inside them was a ticket to win "The Simpson House" i thought for SURE i was gonna win it.. half my kitchen and my garage was stacked with cases, with the tickets torn out, soda for not days..but YEARS.. time came on TV where they called the number for the winner.. we didn't have it!!! My daughter got up and threw the tickets on the floor ran to her room crying.... BAAAAHHHH. What WAS i thinking!!!
We really wanted that Simpson House.. :'(
Now we laugh so hard at ourselves
Good thing about it though was my daughter started selling the cans of soda for .50cent a piece, she made alot of money
- Fixing a clogged drain, figured how are could it be right? Wrong, if you don't even know the name of the tool your using and you brake the pipe and all the water comes out of the drain while your under it, it isn't easy! Not to mention it cost a few dollars to have the plumber come in and install a new pipe and a few other parts because the tool that I used bent a few things.
- Saving some money on assmebling, bought an entertainment center, with glass doors, two drawers, and a bottom cabinet... my advice is don't ever do it, took 101 arguements, 7 days, 5 people, 3 hangovers, 1 big mess, to finally arrive at what looked like something a 2 year old build with elbow macaroni and glue... geee look what i did...
.. to this day, the glass doors still don't hang right seemed like a good idea at first.. what WAS i thinking?
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played