Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 30 days ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Props to Betat Casino for coming up with this promotion...READ
- I went to 7/11 this morning to withdraw some money, there's an ATM there that run by my bank so I do not have to pay any fees. First, I checked my balance to see how much I can withdraw, then I looked down and saw the $20 bill. I looked around and nobody was there. After finishing at the atm, I waited for 10 mins to see if anyone comes back to look for that 20, there's one person came to the atm, but he indicated no sign of looking for that 20 or asked about it. I did not want to give it to the 7/11 clerk, she problly just put it in her pocket after I leave if I gave it to her. Anyway, I went home with an extra $20, yes I felt guilty bc the money wasn't mine, but at the same time, I couldn't find a reason not to keep it.
if you were me, what would you do?
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
- Mighty! Member
- Replied by
- at July 06, 2011, 20:34:54
- last active about 1 month ago
- genenco wrote:
Well, you can keep it and believe this was a "Gift" and by that reasoning, give it to one of the "Off-Rampers" who beg as it's not your money, but imagine how they'll feel getting that.
Or donate it to a local charity. Either way, (In this case) I'd not feel guilty about keeping it anyway.
it's good to see u. How've you been? hope your situation is better now
- Replied by
- at July 06, 2011, 22:02:32
- last active 2 hrs ago
- I would not have picked it up.
One of my rules for my family is never pick anything that don't belong to us even if that is money.
Not only because of my belief in I will lend up lose 10 times more than the amount but in the end I will be indirectly hurting someone who must be frantic looking for it...now that will be a bad Karma...
- dtsweet wrote:
I'd love to say I wouldn't keep the money, it would depend on my circumstances I suppose......loose money on the floor? cha-ching!...a wallet? I'd at least drop the wallet in a postbox; I know how frustrating it is to replace lost ID
LOL at the cha-ching. I would also return a wallet to the owner, loose change... all mine.
- This is interesting, your dilemma TaaaDaaa and the responses on this thread.
The fact you felt guilty about taking something that doesn't belong to you shows you have a conscious. If you feel it should go to a good cause buy all means give it to charity. Cash in and of itself is hard to prove ownership.
That's sweet of you Blueday. I understand Nan. Dtsweet sweet returning the ID (and the loose change also?) Gabby, I had a similar experience 30 years ago with the $100 bill--my grandfather read me the "riot act"!
- Sometimes I dream about being in an arcade (pinball, etc) and finding quarters all over the place. It's fun finding little treasures just lying around.
But last night I dreamed I stole some purses (no idea why) and it ended up with decapitation, gang rape, and total terror before I woke up.
Good thing I don't get out much. Noboby dropping money around my house!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...