Have you ever had moments where you lost your faith?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 4 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya Guys and Dolls,
For the most part people believe in God or a higher power. But i must admit there are moments in my life as i am sure yours where you feel like you have lost faith.
It seems no matter how much you believe or how good you are, when you get slammed with something difficult in your life, in walks the doubt.
There has been a moment or two where i have looked towards the sky and shook my fist!! I always manage to rebound and tell myself that had to be a reason for misfortune to take place.
Have you ever had moments where you felt like you lost your faith?
- Yes Lips.. and it is a place you NEVER want to go, it is a devastating place, a lesson i learned.. Keep your faith, Keep your Hopes, Keep your Dreams.. never ever give up. Stay humble in your life. There is a reason for everything, at the same time.. Whatever will be, will be.. So choose your beliefs carefully.
- Yes, I had one of those. When my first wife...the only good one I had, was killed by a drunk driver. She was the most perfect woman....and I blamed God. But, I eventually came to the conclusion that blaming God for stuff is childish. It wasn't God's fault, it was the drunk driver.
Hell of a woman, though. I miss her every day.......... Not a day in the last 15 years goes by that I don't have a quiet moment and just revisit her in my thoughts.
- Never for me...even when I felt so devastated that I felt like I couldn't go on any more the only thing still kept me on living was my daughter and my faith. I always believe that all those hard times were part of the tests and I knew I had to be strong and had to cope with them somehow and I felt closer to my faith...the more I prayed, the more I felt humbled!!!
- Hmmm.. while I haven't lost my faith in that I stopped believing in a higher power, I am certainly one to test and question what it is that I believe. I am a seeker and student of religions, and I have come to the conclusion that God is in all of them. My mom died of cancer after living with me, and then a year later I was diagnosed with the rarest most aggressive breast cancer, and second deadliest there is a year later. I didn't lose my faith that it was all for a reason. I still don't know what that reason is just yet, but I believe there has to be one.
- We are only here for a short time and we all have our own cross to bear. I have two daughter that both have an incurable disease and believe me it's hard but it is my faith that keeps me going. I was hit be a drunk driver and have lived my life in a wheel chair ever since. I was on top of the world making over $200,000 a year and lost everything including my house. But when i go to church i get a tremendous feeling of piece and know this too shall all end and soon we will live with the Lord and look back at these days and say Ok so that's Why! up on You don't give up on HIM
- I too had been stuggling with my faith for a bit now. Since my father passed away in Feburary to be honest. I am so pissed that he was taken away to soon, but I do think he is walking with god. There are days when I think what the hell is the point, and then there are other days where I find myself praying things will get better. Then Father Michael comes to see me to find out why I haven't been to church with my husband and daughter. I tell him the truth, I am angry and not sure what to think. He tells me this, "you have the right to be angry, you just lost someone dear to your heart. But god is not the blame, no one is to blame. Your father was and still is a great man, he may not be here physically, but he is in eternity and still very much in your heart. It is so easy to blame god when there is no one else to blame, but if it wasn't for god and you believing in him you wouldn't have these emotions you would be numb. And by looking at your tears, I can tell your not numb. When your ready to come back to the church god will be there to help you through." With that being said I did go back to church and my heart was filled with peace, and to be honest I really didn't think that would happen. I really thought I would leave there being more angry. But I wasn't. The one thing I do know now is that god isn't the blame for my father passing away, god is the one that is taking care of him now. Rest in peace dad because no matter how much pain I still feel, I can take comfort in knowing your walking with god.
- I have my alcoholic and drug addict niece who is only 25 living with me and my mom. It has been very, very difficult at times especially when she gets very angry. My faith is the one and only thing that has kept me going. Going to church is where I find complete peace. It gives me great joy. I will never lose my faith no matter what.
- picture three men walking in a field and each one of them carring a large den cross as Jesus did. The one says oh Lord it's too heavy please cut this down for me, and the man takes an axe and cuts it down, they walk a little further and the same man says Lord it's still too heavy please cut this down for me, and again the man himself cuts it down. All of a sudden there is a crater that they need to cross, the two men who did not cut their cross laid them down across the crater and walked across, the man who cut his cross could not cross. The moral of the story is that god allows these crosses in our lives because he knows what lies ahead and he tries to prepare us for it. Keep the Faith God will never let you down, He did not bear the pain of the cross to not be there for you no matter what!!!
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played