Health Care Bill Passes
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya LCB'ers
The health care reform bill passed late last night and soon to be signed into law by President Obama on Tuesday.
While many provisions of the bill would not take effect until 2013, the legislation would bring health coverage to about 32 million Americans who are currently uninsured, and as a result, about 95 percent of Americans would have health insurance.
What are your reflections on this new bill?
- Replied by
- at March 22, 2010, 21:23:03
From what I know, which isn't all 2700 pages worth, I don't like it.
- Replied by
- at March 23, 2010, 02:40:03
- last active 3 months ago
Being FORCED to purchase health insurance is problematic. I hope the different states attorneys general file suits to have the law thrown out.
Again, under Dictator Obama, the people who have worked the hardest, took the risks, etc. are going to have the bank accounts raided by the Government.
- Imagin.ation wrote:
I too will have to take the time to read it, if it comes out to be as what you have stated in short, theres possiblities, 95% compared to what it is now is a miracle, but i still wonder what and why about the 5% left out.
I wonder the same thing...so who are these 5% people who will be left out?
- Here is what is in there for sure: You will be forced to buy insurance. All of this will be enforced by the IRS. Obama has hired 12,000 new agents to make sure you pay up. Also, your boss will be forced to purchase insurance, meaning, that if the cost of employment goes up, it increases the chance you'll be laid off.
Also, the numbers of doctors practicing general medicine will decline, making for huge waits just care for basic medical needs.
- When did he hire those 12,000 agents, and I really dont think that all of this how been worked out, I am hoping that things go well with this historical health bill and that one day we will say, it was a good thing for America. Only time will tell and I am supporting my President on this one. Thanks House Speak Nancy Pelosi, I think she is a awesome woman! Go Nancy!
- Yeah, great to hear from you! Glad you are still around.
Oh, I don't hate the Pres. Just some of his policies....health care being one of them.
For example. I own a small business. Before the Recession I employed 14 people. I had to cut that to 9 with ZERO profit. I stay open to give the 9 jobs. Things are slowing starting to improve in the economy and I could re-hire some. But, I am sure not going to hire ANY with Obama about to tax me more and me having to pay out more in health benefit costs.
Trust me 1000s of small business owners are doing the same as me. We won't hire as long as Obama is threatening to tax and inserting uncertainty into the economy.
So, you see the end result of all this? Yeah, you may get your doctor's visit after a 3 month wait. But, you won't have a job.
I totally disagree, Canada, England have had health care as well as many different countries for decades. That is a rumor about waiting 3 months for an appt. Have you ever seen Michael Moores movie SICKO. I suggest everyone sees it. Even the docs say that is a rumor, patients are seen right away, oh and by the way the docs make an average salary of a Million. HA listen to the haters. Never did understand why every citizen would not want their neighbors to have healthcare, as well as themselves. Small businesses will also get an incentive for hiring, that did not tell you that part. I wonder why?
- Im with the Doc on this one. If I wanted this much federal control Id move to China! Since when did we become a country in favor of communism?
Lucky 8, Sicko, is just that a movie. Edited in such a way to best show Moore's opinions. In real life, my Canadian grandmother was put on a waiting list to remove a cancerous tumor 3 months went by and nothing. My mom brought her to the states but it was too late to save her.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played