Horse meat in burgers!

    3,647
    views
    34
    replies
    Last post ago about 4 years by blueday
    Index
    Headline back 23

    Readers of this topic also read:

    Please or register to post or comment.
      • Index
        • Started by
          admin
          19737
        • online
        The latest news is that Tesco, the biggest supermarket chain in the UK, are selling beefburgers that have 30% horse meat in them.

        It is not Tesco who make them but another company.  Other large chains also sell these burgers.  Tesco have cleared their shelves.

        27 burger products sold in five supermarkets were tested and food safety agents ­discovered horse meat was in 10 of them.

        They say there is no need to panic however, I for one would hate to think that I ate horse meat.

        I gotta tell you that the local radio station was running a phone-in - callers were saying what they found in their food that didn't belong there (this arose because of the above story).  One was an earwig, another was a plaster and the worst was a cat identification tag from a chinese takeaway.

        What horrible items have you found in your food?

        blue
      • Thsuper31
        • Replied by
          Mighty! Member
          2970
        • last active 3 months ago
        you'd be surprised what you eat every day and it's OKed
        *In the US, up to 60 fragments of insects are allowed per 100gr of chocolate.

        yummy food for thought:

        CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR

        Insect filth: Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined OR any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments

        Rodent filth: Average is 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams in 6 100-gram subsamples examined OR any 1 subsample contains 3 or more rodent hairs

        CITRUS FRUIT JUICES, CANNED

        Insects and insect eggs: 5 or more Drosophila and other fly eggs per 250 ml or 1 or more maggots per 250 ml

        RED FISH AND OCEAN PERCH

        Parasites: 3% of the fillets examined contain 1 or more parasites accompanied by pus pockets

        MACARONI AND NOODLE PRODUCTS

        Insect filth: Average of 225 insect fragments or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

        Rodent filth: Average of 4.5 rodent hairs or more per 225 grams in 6 or more subsamples

        PEANUT BUTTER

        Insect filth: Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams

        Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams

        POPCORN

        Rodent filth: 1 or more rodent excreta pellets are found in 1 or more subsamples, and 1 or more rodent hairs are found in 2 or more other subsamples OR 2 or more rodent hairs per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples OR 20 or more gnawed grains per pound and rodent hair is found in 50% or more of the subsamples

        WHEAT FLOUR

        Insect filth: Average of 75 or more insect fragments per 50 grams

        Rodent filth: Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 50 grams
      • Thsuper31
        • Replied by
          Mighty! Member
          2970
        • last active 3 months ago
        ok, so put the food down?
      • Flapjack
        • Replied by
          admin
          4902
        • last active 2 hrs ago
        Well, I don't want to eat ever again.
      • Thsuper31
        • Replied by
          Mighty! Member
          2970
        • last active 3 months ago
      • Index
        • Replied by
          admin
          19737
        • online
        Markotik wrote:

        Well, I don't want to eat ever again.


        Ditto!

        Those are scary statistics dt.

        blue
      • Thsuper31
        • Replied by
          Mighty! Member
          2970
        • last active 3 months ago
        lol, before the digging, i only knew that 60 insect bits make it into your foods..well, more I guess, but that 60 are apparently A-Ok lol
      • Avatar 21240
        • Replied by
          Hero Member
          766
        • last active 17 days ago
        Ok, I'm grossed out for the day.  amp;
      • Index
        • Replied by
          admin
          19737
        • online
        I'm just gobsmacked that 60 bits of insect in a certain amount of food is acceptable.  No insect bits should be an acceptable amount.  It's disgraceful when you think about it.

        blue
      • Archnye
        • Replied by
          admin
          5702
        • online
        I think I'm going to start doing things the old fashioned hard way. Milking the cow, churning the butter. I can't deal with those facts. OMG that's gross.
      • Thsuper31
        • Replied by
          Mighty! Member
          2970
        • last active 3 months ago
        blueday wrote:

        I'm just gobsmacked that 60 bits of insect in a certain amount of food is acceptable.  No insict bits should be an acceptable amount.  It's disgraceful when you think about it.

        blue


        lol, I think the problem, is not so much the factories, but the fields, when the thresher minces the wheat, ya gotta know buggies are goin with it; I don't think there's much in the way one would do, cept for a VERY fine tooth comb, separating a hair thin piece of grain from the hair thin piece of buggy
      • Dream rj small transparant
        • Replied by
          Super Hero
          2283
        • last active about 1 month ago
        omg i saw this on the news to yesterday and i was shocked, its crazy that they can get away with this, but who knows, and does the actual supermarket chains know this is happening, i mean who knows and who knows who and where to point the finger too, i mean yes the obvious culprits is the actual factory's producing those products that get supplied to the supermarkets but i mean come on where is quality control when we neeed it :

        and dtsweet that list made me feeeel sick reading it

        but yeah its the way it is i suppose, unless more things got checked on a more regular basis who knows what the average consumer has actually consumed the last 10-20 years

        LuckyRJ

        OH and dare i say this >>>>>> HAPPY EATING HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      • Index
        • Replied by
          admin
          19737
        • online
        dtsweet wrote:

        blueday wrote:

        I'm just gobsmacked that 60 bits of insect in a certain amount of food is acceptable.  No insict bits should be an acceptable amount.  It's disgraceful when you think about it.

        blue


        lol, I think the problem, is not so much the factories, but the fields, when the thresher minces the wheat, ya gotta know buggies are goin with it; I don't think there's much in the way one would do, cept for a VERY fine tooth comb, separating a hair thin piece of grain from the hair thin piece of buggy


        Good point.  Bugs and field mice....yuk. 

        Lucky - apparently an ingredient from abroad (place unnown) contained the horse meat.  What possible ingredient apart from beef can you put in a beefburger except maybe onions and herbs/spices?

        blue
      • Dream rj small transparant
        • Replied by
          Super Hero
          2283
        • last active about 1 month ago
        blueday wrote:

        dtsweet wrote:

        blueday wrote:

        I'm just gobsmacked that 60 bits of insect in a certain amount of food is acceptable.  No insict bits should be an acceptable amount.  It's disgraceful when you think about it.

        blue


        lol, I think the problem, is not so much the factories, but the fields, when the thresher minces the wheat, ya gotta know buggies are goin with it; I don't think there's much in the way one would do, cept for a VERY fine tooth comb, separating a hair thin piece of grain from the hair thin piece of buggy


        Good point.  Bugs and field mice....yuk. 

        Lucky - apparently an ingredient from abroad (place unnown) contained the horse meat.  What possible ingredient apart from beef can you put in a beefburger except maybe onions and herbs/spices?

        blue


        welll blueday i can think of one country that does like to eat horse meat and that is french and we are connected to france, who knows if that is where the beefburgers was made, i dont know, i actually didnt read too much into the news article but pretty much just read the headlines and a bit of the basic story
      • Flapjack
        • Replied by
          admin
          4902
        • last active 2 hrs ago
        Sometimes it's better not to know the whole truth.

      lcb activities in the last 24 hours

      • 25
        new members
      • 711
        members online
      • 14097
        guests online
      • 150
        new posts
      • 4925
        free games played
      Join the club

      Most viewed forum topics

      • Key111
        You've made a deposit and gone straight away to one of your favorite games. Sadly, your bankroll has dwindled down to a zero balance.  There is nothing left to do but close the virtual  window on another Jackpot dream...
        Penny for your thoughts...
      • Avatar 6303
        Hello,  I have waiting 4 weeks for a 600.00 payout i requested and it was declined for unknown reasons.I have had no problems till now and i really need this winnings.My car died and has been fixed but im short...
        Raging bull no pay
      • 1
        TTR Casino TTP Team is pleased to announce that we've given you 10 Frispinov the game from NetEnt - Wild Wild West. - There are no requirements for Wager! - Restrictions on the win - no! - Action frispinov last 48...
        TTR Casino No Deposit

      Join today and start earning rewards

      You will immediately get full access to our online casino forum/chat plus receive our newsletter with news & exclusive bonuses every month.
      S logo
      Select Language
      Search
      Search Results

      Report to moderator

      Use this function to inform the moderators and administrator of an abusive or wrongly posted message.

      Please note that your email address will be revealed to the moderators if you use this

      Submit
      39012170