How Dare You Squeeze MY Lime!!
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 1 hour ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya Guys and Dolls,
I went to Sonic yesterday, for those who don't know what that is it's a fast food restaurant. I went up to the drive thru and ordered a cherry limeade. It's a yum drink made with cherry flavoring and 7 up. It is garnished with fresh lime and cherries.
As i pulled up to the window the girl took my money and gave me back my change. She then squeezed the lime in my drink and dumped the cherry in it. Ok, so i am thinking to myself....she has been handling money all afternoon and money is filthy!
She used her bare hands without washing them to squeeze that lime in my drink. The more i thought about it after i pulled away the more i didn't want to drink it!
Shouldn't there be laws with the Food and Sanitation Department on handling food? I see this happen alot. I have been to fast food restaurants where they actually prepare your food, take your money, scratch a itch on their head and all the while never wash their hands.
Has anyone else every lost their appetite when this has happened or been tempted to say something to them?
- Eeew lips that's gross.
Not really about being unsanitary but more not so bright..I love Taco Bell but they have serious issues getting things right.
I think even in fast food you should have to pass a 5th grade test and demonstrate your ability to wash your hands. Can't they put a camera faced down at the faucet in the restrooms?
- I can't even believe you mentioned Taco Bell!! I was gonna mention that in my post. I think they are the absolute worst!
I went there one time and the girl took my order, handled the money, had long fake finger nails and scratched her head. I was thinking to myself please don't tell me your making my tacos.....puhhhleeezzzzz!
Well she did. Pick up the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes by her nails and made my tacos. She packed my order up and handed me the bag and as soon as i got out the front door i through the entire bag in the trash can.
And the thing that gets me is they are oblivious to thinking anything is wrong!
- I believe there are "supposed" to be laws over here and quite often I see the server washing their hands however, one guy ordered an iced coffee and the girl picked up the ice with her hands after doing several other foody tasks and not washing her hands at all. The person she was serving said "stop right there, you think I'm going to drink that after you've handled the ice". He said "I suggest you start afresh". Without further ado, she dumped the ice, blushed and did it properly.
I've not ever said anything to anyone but I have lost my appetite on several occasions when I've found a hair in my food. I just can't eat it after that.
- Ick and yuk!!!! Makes you want to boycott these places.I guess they never took a food handlers course and did they ever hear of latex gloves? :-\ I was at the grocery store at the deli section and the girl who was going to take my order was coughing and sneezing,asked can I help you....naw I think I'll pass.
- Well....first, depending on how the woman looked, I would be a bit enchanted to sit and watch with a watering mouth as she squeezed the lime into my drink....
By the way, Lipps and Froggy, I'd shell out some decent money to watch you squeeze a lime. Perhaps while wearing sexy pirate girl Halloween costume.
I have a buddy who is a retired health food inspector for the state. In short, he never, never eats out. Never. He has seen WAY too much in his career with sanitary issues and restaurants.
- That's horrible Lips, Feelin Froggy
I used to work in the kitchen of a hotel 15 years ago. They have the "Five Second Rule"--anything that falls on the floor and picked up within 5 seconds is "safe". Guests outside had no idea what was in their food.
Needless to say I don't work in hotel kitchens anymore
- Funny you should ask, Lips. From what I hear in 5 seconds usually less that 10,000 germs (and what ever the food is in a hot kitchen environment the germs don't survive anyways *heh*--the cooks just wash it off and put it back into the pot/salad--even ice cream back into the bowl/cone!--btw Lips, you're supposed to kiss the cooks :-D
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played