how was your 4th of july?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- SpinsVilla Casino are offering 50% cashback on all your deposits between 6th December and 31st...READ
- How was your fourth of july? me? omg, it was wonderful, but I felt heavy and couldn't lay down in bed now, I mean I could, but felt uncomfortable to do so because all I did today was eat eat eat and eat. Chicken wings BBQ, Korean beef rips bbq, burger bbq,.... and I went to a friend house, they had almost the same kind of food with the addition of Heineken and corona with salt and lemons ready, lol. Yup, no gambling activities, just eat eat eat and drink and drink. My stomach didn't digest fast enough and I still feel so full right now. Let's hear your 4th of july.
- mine was bitter sweet it was my soninlaws bday , we feel very lucky to have him he was in a bad crash a few years back and was pronounced dead, he fights to live everyday and they have 6 kids between them, they came over and my son and his wife and familly came over and we did fireworks but my husband is on his way home after a year and so many months and he is stuck in ireland its his third day all i want is him home its his favorite holiday, so we celebrated but it still was lonely.
- What a day it was...SIGH...
Due to the weather forecast, it would be a bit of lightening and raining so I didn't want to go far but my over excited man insisted on taking monkey to see the parade and fireworks in the city.
While we were driving for an hour, thunder lighting and heavy rains started and flooding made the road scary and then came the nightmare.................
My van was in the shop for over three weeks and finally got it back two days before and ABS light came on and followed tracking was turned off and finally engine light came on while struggling on the road so we had to head back to the dealer where van was fixed and when we finally got there they were about to closing for the night...we were lucky to catch the manager who first told us that there was not much he could do until next morning or so but later saw how serious it was especially with kids so gave us a temporary car.
We got back on the road drove one more hour to find out that parade was canceled due to the rains............ :'(
Ended up watching fireworks in a small town where my monkey met a boy who became his friend and cried his eye out when it was over and ready to go home for the entire trip to home.
What a stressful day it was...
- The 4th of July for me was... how do I put this politely???? Purinteed Hell! No fireworks, bbq delayed till the following night...
I was on "vacation(?)" visiting my older brother in Phoenix, AZ and he worked all day, while I stayed at his with his "significant other" in silence pretty much. Can't remember now if that was the 118 degree day or the monsoon day when I ended up in ankle deep water after 5 minutes of rain, wind, and lightning... or the haboob day when the 12 mile wide dust storm swept through the area, coating everything with a layer of dirt and making mud in the swimming pool. Reflecting on the day Nan described, I am thinking it was probably the monsoon day. All of the days it was too hot to go in the pool in the daytime when you definitely need it.
I slipped and fell in the shower and hit my head on the faucet handle and my opposite shoulder on the spout. Giant goose-egg that could have been a concussion on the back of the right lower side of my head... screamin' bruise on the back of my left shoulder that still has not started to fade and goes from my armpit to the top of my shoulder... and the "other" did not even inquire about it or show any concern... with a raging bruise and ice pack on my head she did not raise an eyebrow... and that was one of the better days being around her...
I remained polite, pleasant, and non-intrusive even in the face of the worst treatment I have ever experienced in anyone's home... (my brother was a peach and I did enjoy my time with him in spite of the "other")
I had a non-refundable ticket for today that I could not reschedule... Finally, I am free! Oops, I mean... I am home! In deference to lips I must admit that I fared better with my flight(s) home than she did on her way back from England... there are a few blessings, even in the worst trip I guess.
Wow, 'nuff said! Didn't realize all that was going to pour out, but I have been biting my tongue for 10 days... sorry.
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played
Most viewed forum posts
- Hi LCB'ers,Here is a list of freebies that are not on the weekly code list. This list includes casinos to check your acct, call/email for free chip and casinos not listed here at our forum. I will update this list on...
- Hello dear LCBers,LimoPlay Casino has something special in stored for you!!Each week Vitali, the lovely casino representative from LimoPlay will be posting a new contest. Please subscribe to this thread by clicking on...