How was your Christmas?
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active 2 hrs ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- Hiya LCB Family,
Well we all made it through Christmas!! Did everybody get what they wanted for Christmas? Any special moments or gifts you want to share please feel free to!!!
I know mine was great. Christmas eve was a little bit more wild as the cocktails flowed! Christmas day was nice when i opened up all my presents from Santa.
Thanking one of the elves for erasing my name of the naughty list!!!!!
- Neice had ham (No turkey) :'( :'( But it was thick sliced. Older sis (Younger does not ever attend Christmas since 2006) gave $50 Win-co card (Food is ALWAYS appreciated.
Neice, nephews gave Movie Card (Not my thing, $20 FM certificate.. BUt hey, They WERE nice in giving as they all were doing good financially.
Oldest Nephew is with GF (Maybe this is serious! He needs a female in his life for sure) This i9s good since he broke with his previous one..
Didn't get alot of face time with sis though as neice is hairbrained and of course "Mom does it better" so just watched.
Had a good time all around..
Xmas Eve day at home with the Bf..got a very special ring (wink, thanks hun)
- Replied by
- at December 27, 2009, 02:46:19
Xmas Eve night at the fam's, sitting in the hottub outside in the snow sipping drinks, smoking my brains out
Xmas Day with the parentals and fam...got spoiled fulla goodies..woot! Went to landbased casino...got lucky, and won a fair bit..
- Well to start Xmas eve had my friend her kids and hubby over got toated on (spelling it wrong but you ll know what it is i hope) yeggar bombs. What a good time we let our kids open their gifts that day and all the kids played video games on their new Wii while us parents giggled and laughed.
Xmas day my husband and kids and I sat around ALL day lazy and napping frequently.
The 26th was my families get together we stayed 2 1/2 hours and went home. I really don't like my family much anymore. They make mean "jokes" constantly to each other but you know they really think what they said is true. Because of this I feel uncomfortable and out of place. Theres never a conversation without a wise crack that is hurtful.
The BEST Xmas we've ever had!
- hi all, my christmas with the family was so beautiful, we eat something called Fondue Bourgignon.We put some meat into cooking bouillon and if its good we take some different sauces to eat it. i like this one meal so much!!!
the eyes our children glittered when they wrapped their gifts out:-) and they got a lot from Santa:-)
but in the view of the bonuses i got to christmas i'm a little disappointed,
i did deposit a lot last year and at all casinos i did deposit i got nothing on christmas!!!!
only casinorewards gave me 10 and Intertops red 10 too. The other bonuses i got was on always cool casino and some rivals, but there i didn't deposit and they take really care on theire players. i think i wait now until new year, maybe they will be then generous as now. if not i think i have to think about it where i will do my next deposits in the new year. because i think its a bit strange, i play mostly micros and playtech.
but all in all it was a really beautiful and peacefully christmas, i hope you had it too:-)
i wish everyone from LCB a happy new year!!!! goodluck all!!!
- Christmas Eve day started with a snow storm, by Christmas morning, we had a foot of snow, and 5-10 foot drifts blocking roads, which in a way was good as my fiance could not make it to work, so we drove the 8 blocks to my parents house, getting stuck and driving through snow drifts all the way. Once there we watched my daughter open all her gifts, she got everything she wanted plus, so in turn I got everything I wanted. My daughter had a great Christmas, I got to spend the day with my family and my fiance, it couldn't have been better. Oh and my baby sister got engaged. It was a great Christmas!
- i was in extreme pain which usually means dont live the house dummy. Anyway it was great kids came in from oregon safely, my son i had to go see 90 minustes away cuz he did a dumb thing and couldnt come home for xmas, i passed out at dinner at my sons house so my husband brought me home and no more got home got a phone call from my niece who is giving my daughter from oregon her baby she was in labor (still waiting on sammy to get here, she takes after her biological grandma my favorite sister shelly who is in heaven raising hell} so all in all it was a very busy hectilc wonderful xmas and oh yeah i was playing at tropica lpassed out on compputer yesterday get back on it was waiting for me on a free spin i played clear till today. That was funny one so is the bruised cheek. life is grand so many surprizes
Christmas eve was very nice spending it with the family. Christmas day was pretty mellow for me but yesterday and last night was thee holiday/birthday party for me.
- Replied by
- at December 27, 2009, 13:31:09
It was my nephews birthday and went to my sisters house for a great party, there was lots of food and of course plenty of spirits.
She lives in a HUGE house and has a hot tub right outside her back door on the deck, nothing better then sitting outside in freezing temps and sweating your butt off.
So i would say it was a very nice holiday for me, and New Years is just a few days away.
Christmas eve night we played some games, watched The Grinch ( original) and ELF, God, I love the movie Elf...Will's Best Movies ever!! Eating all along of course, popcorn, popcorn balls, hot chocolate and cookies...and singing some carols..
- Replied by
- at December 27, 2009, 14:30:06
The kids wake up around 5 a.m. and are allowed to open their stockings and the mounds piled around them...
then we make cinnamon rolls and coffee/chocolate and start on the mountain under the tree which spreads half way out the living room floor.
They have to take their turns and open them one at a time..I always figured that with all the shopping, all the wrapping and all the night it takes Santa too work this gig...it is the least they can do!! Six hour later we make a spread as our tradition demands and serve a table full of nothing but appetizers..all different kinds. Cocktail sausages in bbq sauce, Cheddar and bacon potato skins, budding cream cheese & dill pickle wraps, homemade cheese raviolis, rueban pinwheels, cheese balls, cheese and sausage platters, shrimp cocktails, garlic shrimp, etc, etc....and always cook a nice turkey and ham for sandwich's ( or slabs) for later.
It's a wonderful, magical day and by the end of it, no one can think of anything they lacked to eat...nothing they didn't get that they wanted...and no one could feel any more loved...We all have trouble ending it all and going to bed ( which is never until the next day..) cuz none of us ever want the day to end....
- i have had both a relaxed and stressfull xmas. but all in all, im pretty happy with it.
i worked the evening before xmas eve (as we celebrate in sweden) and i worked the day on xmas even. grandma and i got picked up at 14:30 to go to "Linköping" to my mom. my sisters have already traveled to linköping the day before, mom and my sisters cooked lot of the food.
i brought some to, and my grandma brought her famous meatballs
in sweden its a tradition, i dont know the word, but something like a smorgosboard.... loots and loots of dishes.
this year (witch we have said for years) we skipped xmas gifts, mum bought some anyways, but werent alowed to give them to us for teh xmas eve
im a food/cooking junkie
we started with another swedish traditon: glögg
easily explained warm wine with looooots of herbs.
we had a tasting with 6 diff glögg.
after that, dinner! i just love it!
some of what we had:
smoked salmon, graved salmon, salmon paté, that xmas ham as someone wrote above, meatballs, sausages, 4 kind of herring, smoked deer meat, egg halfs with caviar and shrimps, "jansson" (like a potatogratin with ansjovis). well, thats some of.
and i enjoyed spending time with family together, its not so often we are.
thats xmas eve.
then i got some stressfull other stuff. another story.
for family and friends.
- Actually there was nothing new or extraordinary...Just had fab time! The famly gathered together, we had dinner, chatted, played some games...
But it was an ordeal for the stomach!!! lol A banal story: I tried to lose some weight before holidays to look great...then I ate-ate-ate...For what I wonder?! But New Year holidays haven't come yet! I'll never scale again!
As one of mine says I need to sew the mouth! lol :-X
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played