I am back on the forum at all places but this is a wierd one 4 here
Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
- Started by
- last active about 1 month ago
Readers of this topic also read:
- So we all know there is a lot of scam going on these days. We are all too quick to jump on scammy...READ
- It seems my problem with the LCB forum has dissappeared for the last 6 weeks so for now I am back. No applause please! I swear on the bible the following is true but I have no clue how to shorten this bizarre story. Enjoy!
It all started over a year ago when I refused to answer a phone call on my land line and 10 minutes later my cell phone. Due to online casinos constantly calling me unless I recognize the number I dont answer. 20 minutes later my 86 year old mom calls chewing my butt out for not answering the phone. The calls came from New York. This lady trying to reach me called my mother. Mom gave me the lady's name and i called her back. She was with Equitible life Insurace. Right away I knew my ex wife worked there in the early 1980's before we were married. We were married in 1983 and I filed for divorce in Aug 1993 and the divorce was final at the end of Jan 1996. I had to prove to the lady I was the right person she was searching for which I did. She told me she worked in the office that tracks down people who are listed as beneficiaries on life insurance policies on open policies when someone dies. Now my ex wife who was remarried in 1997 died in July 2009. I kind of remember paying a life insurance premuim for her for years but I gave up all rights to cash surrender values on all policies in the divorce. The lady told me the policy was taken out in 1985 but defaulted in 1996. This made total sense to me that after the divorce my ex quit paying the premium. What none of us knew is there was a rider that if the policy went into default the policy was adjusted to a full paid up term insuarance policy. I was 1/2 benefiary and her son was 1/2. I asked how much was my half. She had no clue. She told me she had to track down my ex's son then send me a claim form. 8 months went by and nothing. I gave up on this and threw out my notes on this after talking to my attorney who said the Ohio revised code states ex's are not entitled to any insurance proceeds. Out of the blue I received a letter asking for a copy of my divorce decree. I called them and said i cant find it and I refuse to pay for a copy to end up being told I dont qualify to receive any money. I asked for their legal department to search the Ohio revised code and get back to me. A month ago I received a claim form in the mail for me and 1 for her son. I just let the letter and claim forms sit on the end table for 3 weeks. Finally last week I decided to put an end to this and call them. I talked to a guy who said he was going to give me an update. I was told the law went into effect in 1990 but since this policy was taken out in 1985 it was grandfathered in and yes I get half the policy amount. I figured the paid up default policy was worth under $1000 and I get half. I was told my half was $2,500. I dropped a happy f'bomb on him. Well I need a copy of the death certicate but they wont give me the date she died and her social sercurity number because of the privacy act, How can the privacy act be for the dead? Well my attorney's paralegal is getting me a copy of my divorce decree and since my attorney handled her legal stuff on her death for her hubby I am hoping he will give me a copy of the death certificate but I bet the privacy act comes into play. This is like hitting a random jackpot with no playthru for $2,500 at an online casino but getting the documents approved is a major problem. The fun has just started.
- I have an update. My attorney's paralegal called me early this afternoon ans said they didnt have a copy of the death certificate. I did get the date of death from her. Next I called the insurance company and found out I did not need a certifide copy of my divorce decree and they waved the need for a copy of the death certificate. This was great news!!!!! Believe it or not I found my copy of my divorce decree 10 minutes after getting off the phone with them in an envelope on the closet floor in the spare bedroom. I finished filling out my claim form, ran a copy of my divorce decree, and wrote a letter explaining I have no clue where her son is and asked them tp process my half of the claim. Everything is in the envelope ready to go to the post office tomorrow for postage and mailing. Oh I also found out I will receive around $225 in interest for a grand total of $2725. It will take 3 weeks to process and mail my check.
- dam gunny you should have punched out over the south china sea after the first year if it was so crappy......we are probably all meeting up in hell once it is all over so it probably is twisted justice...im still married but im sure i will be in hell too (as a supervisor) lol..i do hope you get the money thoughgunnylab wrote:
She made my life a living hell for the 10 years we were married as well as dragging out the divorce for 2 1/2 years 4 no reason. Morbid is fine with me.
- how many exes you got chilly???chillymellow wrote:
One of my exes was supposed to pay my attorney fees, and with 10% interest. That's now up to about $4000. I can't ever make him pay, but I could maybe collect from his estate. Just waiting for him to make that possible. Morbid is fine with me as well.
The weird thing was I was raised that once u get married u stay married but when I broke the news to my parents after 10 years I was filing 4 divorce my father said he gave me credit for lasting 10 years that he would have kicked her to the curb after 1 year. That comment shocked me. Lol, Chilly we are part of the morbid group of positive thinkers.
- Replied by
- at August 28, 2012, 21:52:43
- last active about 1 month ago
lcb activities in the last 24 hours
Join the club
- new members
- members online
- guests online
- new posts
- free games played